tuscl

Who's job is it to keep the conversation going?

ButterMan
Indianapolis
Who's job is it to keep the conversation going me or the stripper? It seems like it would be in her best interest to do so. Correct me if I am wrong. I went to one of my favorite tonight and a new girl named molly came and sat with me at my request. She was probably the hittest chick in the house but she couldn't seemed to keep a conversation going long enough to get me to ask for a private dance. And i had plenty of money and came in there intending on getting a dance. And if you want me to spend money on you sit on my lap and not the chair beside me! This has happened to me a few times over the years so maybe it's me:) or maybe it was because I was alone tonight. Maybe dancers just react better to a group of guys?

28 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Its her job. You are a customer. Sound like lack of experience on her part.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I expect the younger dancers to have limited conversation skills, especially with older customers. I wouldn't expect a 20yo to be able to easily maintain a flowing conversation with a 60yo man. It's not like they would have much in common besdies that they both are in a stripclub. Although I'm far from 60 years old (or a man for that matter), I will often keep the converstion going when a stripper runs out of small talk. It's not a big deal to do so. And if a conversation completely dies, what's so difficlut about just coming right out and asking her for a dance if you see that she's struggling to maintain a conversation? It would probably be a relief for her to dance instaed of talk!

As for sitting on laps - some clubs don't allow it, so dancers have to sit in a chair next to the customer.
    And most every dancer that I have asked has said that they prefer lone customers over groups.
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    Lopaw....this club isn't one that doesn't allow sitting on laps. And i am a 41 yo man so probably not totally unrelatable to the girls:) I'd like to believe what you say is true about most girls preferring smaller groups or lone customers but I see a lot of girls that seem to prefer sitting with larger groups of guys. Maybe they prefer a party atmoshere more. Maybe it is easier for them. Or they could just be able to get more money by going from guy to guy in the group. I have seen that too.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I think its more on the dancer, but I will ask some questions if I really want to keep the convo going. The other night a girl I didn't have a lot of interest in sat down and we talked for a minute then she stopped talking and it was quite awkward. I politely turned her down when she finally asked for a dance. My current fave then came over and we talked with no dropoff in conversation and it led to a very enjoyable time in VIP.
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    If I like the dancer it is up to me if she comes up short on things to talk about. If I don't plan on getting a LD from her or don't like her I take over and end the conversation.

Of course all this is dependent upon even being able to have a conversation over the obscenely loud music and obnoxious DJs.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I think it can be hard to keep a conversation going in a club no matter what. There are certain things I don't like to talk about and unless we happen to hit onto something, there will be some awkward silences.

Though in most cases if that happens it means I'm ready for them to move on. Otherwise I'd keep the conversation going.

The worst is in Vegas, all the dancers are from somewhere else, they know you're from somewhere else and usually on vacation, so you end up having the same 5-10 minute conversation with every dancer that stops by.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Why the talking?
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    If you come to the point where you have to keep a conversation going, you're just better off buying a dance from them. Although I do think it should be her job.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    When she stops talking, tell her to start sucking.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "Its her job. You are a customer. Sound like lack of experience on her part."

^This. Shadow hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

Lopaw also raised some good points, particularly common discussion ground between younger dancers and older men. I am about the same age as tlk, but I find that I don't have much to talk about with most girls under 25, especially the ones who do not have kids. However, I do occasionally run into a younger dancer with more maturity and conversation skills, which is cool.

At the end of the day, regardless of why a dancer cannot hold a conversation, it is her job to entertain me, not the other way around. I have zero interest in going through mental gymnastics in order to keep a chat going. If we are not clicking, then my wallet just stays closed.
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    "At the end of the day, regardless of why a dancer cannot hold a conversation, it is her job to entertain me, not the other way around. I have zero interest in going through mental gymnastics in order to keep a chat going. If we are not clicking, then my wallet just stays closed"

Well said Rick. That is why I left there with about $200 still in my pocket! it was a shame because this Molly girl is way hot! She could have probably got most of it. And i did actually go through the silly basic question like how long have long you been working here..etc. Oh well i'll try again in 2 weeks.
    12 years ago
    It is her job.

As others said if I have an interest I'll try and keep the conversation flowing. I'm in my early 50's and have no problems with discussion topics with MOST girls 30 years younger. Sometimes you do run into an airhead, whether it's real or just her schtick.

If it's forced, move on. Plenty 'o fish...
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    No her job is blowjob
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Once again, I'm going to mildly disagree. Why do I give a shit who's "job" it is?

Generally speaking, my aim in a strip club is to get my dick sucked, or to get her out of the club for some sex. If I'm interested in her and she can't talk her way out of a paper bag, I'm more than happy to carry the conversation. Is it *nice* when she's reasonably good at conversation skills? Sure, but it doesn't really matter, and asking leading questions to get her to talk ain't that tough.

I sure as hell don't have the time or patience to get all wrapped around the axle concerning the way things are "supposed" to be when the alternative doesn't cost me shit and leads to what I want.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    If you're spending alot of time talking, you're doing something wrong, and a light should go off - why haven't you asked her about sex yet if she is your type, or said "bye" if she isn't?
  • ButterMan
    12 years ago
    I don't know dougster it has been my experience that if she feels comfortable with me and that I'm not a cop of something she is more likely to be open to talk abt sex:) And seeing me in the club reguarly usually leads to that. I'm all abt OTC and that is usually my goal. But I usually like to get atleast familer with her first. Maybe you guys are more bold than me, who knows.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I'm pretty bold. Got keenily attuned senses like a shark. I get the sense the window is opened just a crack and count me through it.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    i find that some guys just like me sit with them and watch the show, occasionally we trade comments about the dancer on stage, the music, etc. a lot of guys complain about the girls who won't shut up and feel like they have to fill every second of air time. there's something to be said for just being comfortable enough to just sit there without saying anything. of course it helps if my hands do some of the talking for me.
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    Dougster,

What tells you the window is open? What are the signs?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    It's the way she responds to your questions, along with the questions she asks. What she smiles at. The image of herself she is trying to project to you. The information she is leaking out about her impressions of things and her worldview. Mostly it just comes down to logic. Start out assuming that she will and, if after interacting with her for a while she has done nothing inconsistent with that then ask. Often they'll pick up on the vibe if you are putting it out and ask you first.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    lopaw,

You stated, "I wouldn't expect a 20yo to be able to easily maintain a flowing conversation with a 60yo man."

On that note, I was somewhat flummoxed yesterday when a youngster (at least compared to me) dancer quite easily conversed with me going back to the great depression and onward!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @lopaw: I've been pleasantly surprised on a surprising number of occasions myself. You must just be hanging out with the wrong 20 year olds. :)
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    at least she has a job
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    @ Clubber & gmd-

There might be hope for this next generation after all!

I have, on occasion, run into very young dancers that seemed to have "old" souls....they were very mellow, didn't party much, and didn't act or speak like a typical flakey 18-20yo girl would. Many of these girls would be considered alt girls - into goth, tats, piercings, etc. Cool chicks nonetheless.

Unfortunately for me, it seems that the latest batch of 18-21yo dancers that have found their way to my table are stoner valley-girls......even I have trouble maintaining a conversation with them, and I can talk to just about anyone.
  • Player11
    12 years ago
    When the conversation stops it may be time to feel her.....
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    "I sure as hell don't have the time or patience to get all wrapped around the axle concerning the way things are "supposed" to be when the alternative doesn't cost me shit and leads to what I want."

LOL gmd. I hear what you are saying, but in my experience the girls who struggle to hold a conversation are either less prone to go the extra mile or are cold/dead fish when they do provide other services. Net-net, on this particular topic, I find the conventional wisdom to also serve as a useful filter.

As with all things, however, experiences will differ.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    The problem some girls have is they only want to talk about the patron's personal life. I give out no personal information to a dancer. That puts them aback as they can discuss little else but work, wives, kids and boyfriends. I even discuss my work only in general terms. Most can't talk about movies, music, current events or theater so you say to them "what's your favorite position?" followed by "always wanted to try that" how much. LOL
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I'm not usually interested in having any long conversation with most dancers. Some dancers will sit and talk for hours and if you spend all your time with one dancer it can be fun as long as she leaves when you want to spend time with other dancers. Sometimes if you get a dancer talking, you might be ready for a break before you know it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion