tuscl

Cell Phone checks

I left my cell phone in the car because I have read about Diamond's cabaret $2 cell phone check at the door. Anyone else experience a cell phone check at the door? I have done the coat check before but make sure I don't leave any valuables in the coat. The coat checks have always been free but I have read about Columbus Gold and their $5 coat check so I have avoided that.

24 comments

• rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I have not run into this, but I would just leave my phone in the car. The more important question is .. Do they have a cell phone check for the dancers?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Never, always bring mine in.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    a cell phone check & fee at the door? Wow that's a new one. Luckily I haven't run into anything like that yet.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I have encountered that out at some club out in the boonies in Nebraska, I said I'd be back, walked out to my car and put it in the car, then walked backed in and enjoyed a typical low mileage Nebraska club. They had some fine babes, but the dances were "no touch" dances.
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I've run into strict cell phone policies only twice over the years.

The first time was several years ago and I forgot the name and location of the club (they all blur after a while), but I remember that they required patrons to check any phone with a camera. I got around that one by showing them that my Blackberry, at that time, did not have one.

More recently, at the Out House in Lawrence, KS, one cannot bring a cell phone into the club, period.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Customer abuse.
  • crazyjoe
    12 years ago
    They jusr want to charge you to get all your info out while your not looking
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    Hell to the no!
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Had coat checks, never a cell check, I would have left the club altogether. I take the subway, no way I'm leaving my phone with anyone (or in the subway)
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Jeez, I am welded to my Blackberry during work hours. It is such a blessed relief to dump it and my cell when I am not working.

For what earthly reason in hell does a guy need his cell in a club anyway?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I don't usually wear a watch, so there's one earthly reason.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Club time is party time.

For what earthly reason in hell does a guy need a watch in a club anyway?
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    He needs a cell phone in the club to call his wife to buy more time.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I like to know what time it is.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Cell in Club = Checking on TUSCL? LOL
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Why take one into the club? To put a dancers number into it. I didn't bring my cell in to a club on Friday, dancer wanted to give me her number so I had to run out to my car to get it so I could put it in.
  • sclvr5005
    12 years ago
    yup- grabbing a dancers phone number is the main reason I bring it in..... and, like jester mentioned, to watch the clock since I'm usually clubbing during my lunch break.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    One of the clubs I go to the most, Paper Moon, won't ask about your phone when you first pay your admissi
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Whoops! admission.....but they do have club employees who walk around and tell you to put your phone away if they see you using it. They're afraid people will take picture of the dancers, which is kind of silly in my opinion since most clubs are very dark. They ask you to leave the main room where all the strippers are on stage, if you want to use your phone. It's pretty shitty, but around here I don't have many club options so I just have to deal with it. :(
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I don't put dancer numbers in my phone. I have them write it for me on the back of a cocktail napkin, preferably in lipstick.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    hah, Alucard gets it. And ermita, you are DEFINETELY old Fashion lol
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I did the cocktail napkin thing only once. I forgot about it in my pocket, then did the laundry. What a freakin' mess. Her number was in soggy bits & pieces, all over everything. At least I haven't accidentally left my cell in my pocket & washed it.....at least not YET.

• ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    There should be a 900 number that charges $1000 a call, that the bouncer can call if someone takes a picture of a dancer without her permission.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    No cocktail napkins in the joint I was in. It was run to the car for the phone or I may not have gotten the number.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion