tuscl

Memberships

IMHO I think it is time for the Founder to REQUIRE all members who are not already Lifetime members to upgrade to paid Lifetime memberships by June 30, 2013.

Cost being north of $100.00.

This may well help to weed out some undesired questionable members who gained access via the temporary memberships granted after published reviews.

And perhaps the three figure cost of joining will KEEP questionable persons who aren't serious about club and dancer discussion away.

I also doubt this will happen, BUT I think it has a slightly better chance since it generates INCOME!!! LOL

60 comments

• mrrock
    12 years ago
    I disagree. I you want that go make your on site. I like TUSCL as it is.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Perhaps you should email your "ideas" to founder, rather than littering the board with them.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    Would not benefit the board. The resident ass would still be the resident ass.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Yea, it'll decrease use of the board. Pay walls haven't helped newspapers, they sure ain't gonna help something like this.
  • dw.buck
    12 years ago
    fully disagree cause the regular SC goer needs to post comments on their experiance so other can see and go whether it is a good or bad experiance. how else would we know what clubs 2 go 2 when in a new area? i think the article boards shouldnt get you vip status but the experiance at the SC write up should
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Drac - I know you want to get rid of certain people on the site, but if they have money to burn they might pay the money just to continue to get on your nerves. You are assuming just because they get on your nerves they wouldn't have enough money to pay a $100 + fee. Don't let a few people ruin your experience. The more you complain about them, the more emboldened they will be and will continue to get do things to get under your skin. Use the ignore button or don't respond and soon enough they will go away because they have no one to rile up.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Accusing me of "Littering" the board is laughable. My thread count is 35. There are MANY members who have significantly higher thread counts of useless topics. You are all free to agree or disagree with my idea.

I think some of the resistance is coming from those who have unpaid memberships. So your disagreement is understandable.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Alucard:

And where would we get all the trolls if they actually had to pay $100 for us to read their stupid comments?

• mikeya02
    12 years ago
    Nah, Drac. Remember the credits to Mad magazine where after listing artists, writers, editors and such, they would add, "and the usual gang of idiots"! I would miss them.
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    Hear hear Mikeya02!!! I enjoy the usual gang of idiots and can usually suss out the shills.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Nah Alucard, this is not a good idea. I'll tell you what you should do though, and that's read, write AND take a picture of rh48hr's post.

Dude, the people who get on your nerves will stop trying to bother you if you just ignore them. You responding to them just makes them want to get on your nerves even more. They can't argue with themselves. I'll never understand why grown men would want to constantly bicker with each other on the INTERNET. You cats must be REALLY bored.

I really hope you take the advice given here and just start ignoring them, because it would really help clean up the senseless bickering that goes on between only a select few members of TUSCL. Guys like Dougster, who seems to LOVE to try to rile other members up, will have to resort to bickering with himself lol.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shit I be like drop $1,000 just.to.be posting my Shit.up on this sound board or.heap....I be like the.holy.juice or.a.godamn mavric playa
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Alutard: why not let founder run the board the way he likes. He is the owner after all. If you can cope with it, then instead of whining like a bitch here, go start your fuckin' board!
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    People actaully PAY to read reviewss!? Holy sweatsocks, I thougtht we all posted shit and abused the free memberfship service. I don't like this idea alucard. Not ONE bit no do notg yes indeedy
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Moon that spells no
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Alucard sounds like he wants to take over this message board. Every time he comes across someone he doesn't like, he wants Founder to ban them and whines when it never happens. Now he is telling Founder what he needs to do, make everyone pay and make silly subdivisions. Shut up Alucard. Your opinion is worth nothing. Start your own site and charge 100.00 and see how far you get you epic fucking shit brain.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    "see how far you get you epic fucking shit brain"

The same brain alutard says was tested and found to be "genius". I bet a genius like you could make alot of money running your own SC board, alutard. Let's see you go for it!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Sorry man, but have to agree with the majority.

I'm a paid member and still don't like the idea. I get a kick out of new posters, esp the dancers. As others said, a paid membership will not eliminate the ones not in agreement with my thoughts - as brilliant as they may be.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    If you do start your own site, alutard, don't come to me looking to invest. I'd rather even short treasuries as txtittyfan suggests. Yeah, I'd probably lose it all both ways, but at with short treasuries I'd at least get my margin back. Giving it to you - might as well set it on fire.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    And just to imitate the retard and mock him some more I'll sign this post like he signs his - LMFAO !
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I remember the "flame" wars on this board in the 1990s. UGH! The idea of $100.00 would not stop them, unless we go to $100.00 a month.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    This is a fantastic idea! If your intent is to eliminate the number and general usefulness of reviews, apparently one of the primary attractions of the site.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    if the site stopped giving free membership for reviews then the review count would go down and the reviews would get out dated. Not a good idea.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I think it is a bad idea. Founder will do what he pleases, we don't need another expense.
  • jack0505
    12 years ago
    Are you kidding me? I would not be on this site if it cost $100. I understand making people contribute reviews to keep reading. Hell, reviewing two clubs is gonna run well over $100 anyway.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Thanks for your continuing thoughts members. The opinions so far are trending EXACTLY as "I" expected them to, based on my experience here of late.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    That's wonderful, Dracula. :)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You're welcome Vince. ;))
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    How long you planning on living?
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I agree with others who say that a mandatory membership fee would significantly impact the number of reviews posted. I believe that Founder's policy of awarding a month of VIP access for each review is exactly what keeps those reviews flowing and makes this place such a great resource, even if one must wade through some junk reviews to get to the good stuff.

Now a Moderator function for the Discussion board wouldn't be such a bad idea...
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Good lord, rick, who (in his right mind) would care to take on the function of Moderator of this discussion board?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I spend quite a bit of time of here. I'd volunteer to moderate, even unpaid, if Founder decided to go that route, although I'm very skeptical he will.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Judge Judy is here-by nominated as Moderator
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    "Cost being north of $100.00."

You want us to pay in CAD?? Fuck that! farmerart can find someplace else to toss his loonies.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    A Moderator with a Spine & "BALLS", and NO psychological issues. ;))
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Eliminates you then, Alucard, a wack crazy coward. If there were a moderator here, you'd be among the fucktards that get banned.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Well alutard, it looks like your ideas for improving the board have gotten ZERO support. I guess that is what you wanted and expected when you posted them, so now, in your mind, you can cry to yourself about being a persecuted genius. If you ever care to have any intersection with reality though - you'll see that the truth is that your ideas got rejected because they are retarded products of your retarded brain. LMFAO!
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    This is one of the stupider ideas of all time. 99% of the membership here is harmless. And people wouldn't write reviews if they had to pay for a membership first.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    How do you know that paid membership would decrease or kill reviews? Hmm...
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Because the majoruty that actually writes reviews DON'T pay for membership. Most people, edspecially those blue collared folk feel their money is better spent at the strip club rather than to a website like this
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Hurry. Alucard.com is for sale right now.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    This thread has me LMAO
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    Alucard, that was about as good of an idea as Coca-Cola creating New Coke in 1985.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Estafador DO you actually KNOW how many members have a lifetime paid membership?
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    TER is $30/month and there are still idiots on the site. They have free membership with review but they are picky and its only 1 free week I think per review instead of a free month.

Stripclublist is 35/month and less popular than tuscl
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    about less than those who don't pay. CHeck how many 1 time reviewers there are and tell me the ratio between paying and non-paying
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Good points samsung1.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    There is no rational reason to be annoyed by other members on a site that has an ignore button (gray circle with x in it below name in posts). It applies to all posts by that member.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    I think most people are adverse to paying for stuff online – much of the information on the internet is free – is what most people are used to – I don’t think most folks are keen to reversing that trend.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “… i think the article boards shouldnt get you vip status but the experiance at the SC write up should …”

I kind of see it differently. It seems to me a lot of people write any shit in a few sentences in order to get the free VIP – I think it cheapens the review process. I think people should write reviews /b/c they serve a purpose for all – not in order to take advantage of the system in place.
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    Coming from someone who isn't a paid member (but has contributed many reviews and 1 article), I'm against mandatory paid VIP membership. The most attractive thing about Tuscl is the flow of information about clubs from many reviewers, most of whom don't even bother weighing in on the DB.

I'll be the first to say that Tuscl isn't a perfect system, but it is far better than SCL, and even zbone. The later didn't require membership to be able to read the reviews, and just a registered "handle" to contribute to reviews/discussions.

The sheer number of reviews submitted allows many, except maybe a few egregiously deficient reviews to slip through the cracks. As for those, and troll posts, the scroll and ignore features work amazingly well in that respect. I'm not sure that founder really wants to make board management more complex than its present form by bringing more review screeners, or DB mods into the mix.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    lol!
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    LOL !!!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Since the subject of lifetime memberships is a hot topic once again. :-)
  • Joker420
    11 years ago
    Lol....yes I agree my friend this is a must read
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    LOL!
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Did Founder ever contact you about this genius idea of yours alutard?
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    My GAWD Tittyfag. Can't you read when a frickin' thread was started? You must be a complete 'tard.

Wait... Wait... I have to be nice to you so you don't lose it and jump in front of a bus.

OK lil' feller. I'm proud that you recognize that 30 June 2013 has passed. Can you tell me what the date is. I'll give you a gold star if you answer correctly.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Tard is following in the footsteps of his asshole buddy (no, not his proctologist) Barry Obama. He is modeling his concept of how TUSCL should be on Obumacare!
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    If this site followed Obamacare, lifetime memberships would expire and you would have to pay each year or post reviews.
    There is one life time member who keeps posting a lot of crappy suggestions and attracting a lot of negative feedback from a lot of other posters. Maybe Founder is ok with that because some might visit to watch the show.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion