tuscl

Strip club closed for prostitution

canny
Fort Myers, Florida
Gloria's in Irwin was raided for drugs and prostitution.

http://triblive.com/news/2927535-74/poli…

11 comments

• canny
    12 years ago
    I'm pretty sure that the guy who was arrested just used Gloria's as a bar to deal drugs. I don't think that he was an employee, he just used the place. The two women have both worked there for a while.
  • JohnBuford
    12 years ago
    A three month investigation and 30 police officers nets three arrests for small-time drug dealing and prostitution.Wow.This isn't exactly a career case is it ? What an absolute waste of resources.Privately,I hope the agencies involved in this are embarrassed.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    30 cops have to raid a club to make 3 arrests? What a great use of resources! And the paper publishes the addresses of those charged with drugs and prostitution. That's unnecessarily nasty.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    It's a dive bar. 3 or 4 cops couldn't go into the place, arrest 3 people, close it, and tell everyone to leave safely. They got that many cops for their safety.
  • wtfduck
    12 years ago
    Moore (Bam) didn't work there. He just always went to deal to the girls and some customers. The girls had whats coming to them. Ariel and Samantha Rose won't change their ways.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    7 percosets for $25? i bet the mob is angling to take over that action!
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    well... on the up side you will not have to worry about smelling like an ashtray anymore, canny. Or do we need to set up the canny defense fund?

Pretty rough looking chicks for 30 and 34 y/o. Hope there was something better that that working there.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I was there once when "Ariel" was working. With makeup and the way she put her hair up, she looked pretty good. I never saw the other one "Samantha Rose" on duty.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I wasn't there when this happened. I was planning on going there tonight until I read that article.

Yes, there are some prettier girls working there, or at least there were. We'll see what happens when the real trial happens.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Was Gloria really in Irwin?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Update:

NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa. —

The 83-year-old owner of the North Huntingdon strip club Gloria's is fighting to keep her business open.

There were a few smirks and a couple of eye rolls in court Monday as the district attorney tried to close down a strip club that has been in business for the last 30 years.

The civil case will determine if Gloria's is a nuisance bar or not.

Gloria Brugnoli might not be the person you would expect to see running a strip club, but the 83-year-old started Gloria's Cantina in the 1970s and is trying to keep it open after allegations of prostitution and drugs.

Channel 11 first met Brugnoli about a year and a half ago after a shooting at her cantina.

Her lounge is once again in the news after undercover officers told the judge Monday they bought drugs at the bar and saw female dancers offering sex acts for extra money. Brugnoli said she didn't know that was going on under her watch.

"I'm sure I'm not guilty. That's all I have to say. I know I'm not guilty because I don't believe in smoking cigarettes let alone that funny stuff," said Brugnoli.

According to Brugnoli's attorney, she did not hire the dancers. They volunteered their time and got to keep the tips.
    The judge has not yet made a ruling.

The cantina remains padlocked by the sheriff's office.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion