tuscl

Tangential Motivations

harrydave
New Jersey
I go to strip clubs for the company of sexually uninhibited women. But over the course of reading thousands of reviews, I have run across some other motivations. A recent review got me thinking about this. It started:

"Worst strip club I've ever been to. It had great promise because I liked the den/man cave interior, but I didn't like the girls. I usually only go to titty bars to watch boxing or UFC fights, and this one happens to be the only one that I've found in the area that shows them...."

Free TV - check
Good food - check
Video game at bar - check

What am I missing?

25 comments

• shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Drug dealer?
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    Shadowcat - unfortunately, that's probably a common one.

Swag? - I got a free Corona Light t-shirt once.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    These type of reviews should be REJECTED by the Founder.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    My favorite clubs end up never having tv's, or alchohol just hot babes to spend time with. That's prolly the problem. Too many other distractions.
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    If I was looking for a place to watch a PPV sporting event, a strip club isn't even up for consideration.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I go to watch reruns of Masterpiece Theater on PBS.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    why would you reject that review. it gave a good insight on the form of the club
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    These types of people are taking up valuable real estate that those of us who are there to visit with & spend $$$ on the girls should have. Its especially annoying if the club is very busy and seats are at a premium.
  • boogieknight369
    12 years ago
    I go occasionally to kill time at a bar I can smoke in. during the day they often have great food and beer specials. on those days, I'm always upfront the the dancers that do stop by and tell them upfront that I'm not getting any dances. occasionally a chick will make a great offer anyways and sometimes I'll take them up on it.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Having a game on gives you something to do when you need to ignore that dancer that won't leave you alone!!
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    most dancers don't like competing with tvs. it can be tough on ur ego when ur dancing nearly naked 6 feet away from a man and all he can do is watch some game on tv.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Carolynne--especially tough on the ego if a Detroit customer is watching the Giants sweep the Tigers in the World Series. What a waste of time.
  • big_d_2011
    12 years ago
    When I go to the club, I want one thing. If I am watching the TV it is because I either don't have an interest in the particular dancer on stage or talking to me, or I am being ignored by the others.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Clearly the UFC events bring in customers which is all the club/bar cares about. I guess normal bars don't showcase them?
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Normal bars don't normally showcase ufc matches. That's a pay-per-view event which costs useless money. Its cheaper to showcase a satellite exclusive game than a ppv one. I assume that's the reason anyway
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    And perhaps if the dancer was hotter or had better dance moves, the tv junkie would tear his eyes away for a moment. Then again its usually the blue collar guy who's watching the fight and found it cheaper to watch it at the club than buy the viewing himself
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Silicone tit sales
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    My goodness, if I wanted to watch UFC (which I don't, but let's say I do for this example), and wanted to see babes, I would have to think Hooter's or Twin Peaks, or something along those lines, would fit the bill. Not to mention your average sports bar, which doesn't have the babe factor, but you really aren't going there for the babe factor.

Some other motivations that I can think of for going to strip clubs:
    1. to see a feature dancer
    2. to kill time
    3. Happy Hour
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    4 Take a piss
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    $10-20 to take a piss. nice
  • HowdyPilgrims
    12 years ago
    Sports bars feature UFC PPV. They even feature boxing PPV when someone really popular or notorious is floating like a butterfly, like pacman or mayweather.
    On these nights if you don't show up at least an hour before the action starts, you won't get a seat.

Speaking to what carolynne said...I was in a club on a Monday night a couple weeks ago. My first intention was to watch a bit of football and a bit of naked babes. But, the babes were so sexy I found myself increasingly watching them and not the game. I was missing the big plays. I finally said 'fuck it' and just ignored the game. You can't beat the sight of an attractive woman losing her skimpy clothes. With one exception, if my team is playing, then all bets are off!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    I cannot deny that I occasionally enjoy watching a good football game at a strip club. It is the best of all worlds: a big screen tv, ample booze and, yes, hot girls.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Carolynne--sorry, I wasn't listening to what you were saying. I was distracted by your picture. Yummy.
  • carolynne
    12 years ago
    looney - lol - please tell me u wouldn't be watching some game on tv if i was dancing 6 ft away!
  • JohnBuford
    12 years ago
    I like the movies on "Lifetime."For me,a SC that does not have big-screen TV's showing a game I'm interested in will be the difference on whether I go.In the business world it's known as "value added." And nothing says "I'm not interested" better than locking in on the game.It cuts down on rejection/hurt feelings.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion