tuscl

Strippers aren't all prostitutes

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, September 10, 2012 6:19 AM
"Strippers aren't all prostitutes." This headline must be reassuring to the parents of strippers everywhere. [view link]

28 comments

• nelson
    12 years ago
    That depends on how you define prostitution. If you include hj's, most are!
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    I'd be willing to bet most parents dont know that their daughter is stripping
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    The definition of prostitute out of Webster does mention intercourse, so I would agree with the claim that not all are prostitutes. OTOH, they all meet the definition of "whore", however.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    Most strippers aren't prostitutes. The ones who aren't despise the ones who are.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    @Stiletto25 The families of most of the strippers who I know personally outside of the strip clubs know what their daughters do for a living. They don't like it and they don't talk about it but they know.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    canny - I was just thinking the sme thing. In fact thier parents are often their baby sitters.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Would you like it if your own daughter was a stripper? What if she was doing extras but not BJ/FS. What if she was doing BJ and FS? Idiots like txtittyfan claim they respect all strippers, even the ones who do BJ/FS but at the same time say there is no way in hell they would put up with their own daughter being a stripper (precisely because they buy extras and know what really goes on). That thinking is so inconsistent, but I would expect nothing less from the tittybrain.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Oh god you all are going to make me sound like Alucard. Damn you! When an actress strips in a movie ([view link]) does that make them whores? Hell, Halle Berry has done some hellah hot stuff in Monster's Ball (perhaps one of the few main stream movies worth jerking off to) - does that make her a whore? Or an Oscar nominated movie star? (Or both, I will give ya that.) Importantly - these people were paid. A lot of modern dance is done practically bare assed and it's considered art. (Interesting, I read someplace some exotic club is pushing a lawsuit under "it's art.") Anyhow, (often) these people are paid. Go to a dance club or dance bar and there are people rubbing up on each other - hell with "ladies night" women getting in free, they are basically being paid by the bar to love it up with their male customers. I mean, that is the whole purpose of "ladies night" - easier access to vagina by male bar customers. What is a sexual act worthy of prostitution? Insertion of something in something else for payment - that I pretty much use as a definition. What all do you think is fair?
  • canny
    12 years ago
    @shadowcat I know one who is a prostitute who is supporting her parents. She lives with them and pays the mortgage and all of the bills. Her parents have to know how a 22 or 23 year old woman without a college degree is making a $3k a month mortgage payment.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    canny - That makes her parents biggers whores than she is.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    @deogol, Don't worry about it. Some guys throw out the word whore cause they get off on it. Has nothing to do with definition. Ask Dougie. He thinks lap dances makes a girl a whore. Preaching like a pastor or priest.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Fuck you deogol.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    LOL I'll admit I deserve that one Alucard. I don't think you are all that bad.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    deogol- I can't believe that list didn't include Salma Hayek in Dusk Til' Dawn. In that movie, she was hotter than anyone else on that list. Then again, I do love Latinas, so I'm probably bias. :)
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I was in a club in Rochester NY and the dancer I was with showed me a picture of her mother in the "wall of fame" in the club.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Latinas always have nice breasts it seems.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @shadow and Canny- Your experiences are different from mine, but I would expect that.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "I'd be willing to bet most parents dont know that their daughter is stripping" I'll take that bet. Perhaps not the ones that try it out for a few weeks. Or maybe not even the parents of the college co-ed who does it for a semester (if indeed they exist) but it's been my experience that mothers of "career strippers" know. They know. I know they know. And the dancers know they know.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    On the other hand, my experience suggests the figure is closer to Stiletto's. Not "most" maybe, at at least half of strippers seem to be hiding it from parents. At least based on the admissions of the girls themselves.
  • mikeya02
    12 years ago
    In my experience the girls tell their parents they are waitresses. Dad probably wants to believe it but I bet the Mom figures it out.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Probably the only dancer I ever knew that was hiding it told me at one point not to come in on a certain Friday because her Dad's friends from a GM plant was planning a birthday bash for him at her club. So she took the night off. Often wondered how *she* knew? One of his friends her regular? Eww!!!
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    But all prostitutes are strippers
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    A 22-yr.old dancer I knew once felt she was successfully hiding her stripping career from her parents. She worked the day shift, and told her parents she was working in a medical office. She almost blew her cover (pun intended) one day when doing laundry at home. One her way from the dryer to her bedroom she noticed something fell out of the laundry basket, but couldn't immediately see what it was. She was glad she noticed and went back to pick it up. It was a dainty red thong, which she said her mother would have known wasn't her usual underwear.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    The definitions are different. If they were intended to be the same they would have been written the same. In particular the definition of prostitute explicitly calls all the requirement of intercourse, but whore is weaker, "sexual" (i.e. related to sex) activity is all that is needed. GED powered brains like mikeya02 aren't exactly good with definitions so don't listen to him I would say grinding on a guy's dick until he cums is certainly "related to" sex so calling them "whores" is 100% accurate. Some guys want to think of strippers as more than that to convince of what studs they are, but that is not a view consistent with reality. Mikeya02 is partictularly dumb and delusional and takes it a step further and actually believes whores who say "you're the one I do this for". Now deogol's question is actually an interesting one although many dismissed it so easily. Another related question is that given that more than half of strippers will have sex for money is that enoough to call the group "prostitutes"? 100%? 99.5%? 80%? I've been careful in my posting history from the start to distinguish the two terms. Getting back to the actress question I think the criteria would be how a role the stripping played in her overall career? Was Jodie foster a whore for playing an underage prostitute once? I would say "no". Is a girl who is willing to grind on strangers dick until they cum for a huge % of their income a whore. I think that one is clearly "yes". If there is no contact with customers but that dancing naked is still nearly all her income then what? That's a grey area. I can see half the world saying yes and the other half saying no.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Sorry, when I wrote "100% 99.5% 80%" above I was wondering what % of all strippers would need to have sex with customers before it was fair to call the groups "prostitutes". My feeling is once somewhere between 66% and 75% did the generalization would be fair and the number of strippers who do is currently slightly under that but won't be for long.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Mikeya02: "In my experience the girls tell their parents they are waitresses. Dad probably wants to believe it but I bet the Mom figures it out." Holy shit! Even mikeya02's GED powered brain almost got that right. Dad figures it out too. Only mikeya02 is fooled by stripper lies long term.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I don't know what percentage of dancers have parents who know what they do, but I have met my fair share from those whose parents do (my last ATF has shared the stage with her mother) and those whose parents don't. But whether they think they're prostitutes is another story.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Jeez you guys have some strange fetishes to be with some 18 year old dancers. I for one have NEVER been with a dancer my own age (the dancers I've been with are usually around 27-35 so guess my age), all older than me, so I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have to think on that situation. And dougster, just because someone has a GED doesn't make them any less intelligible than the other guy. Hell, my cousin got a GED and now she's 21 working as some form of doctor's assistant and she makes a good 900 a week (though I never understood why she's always broke even with still living with her mom). And no, I have a Regents diploma and currently am working on my bachelors, so don't try to downgrade me either
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion