tuscl

TUSCL

Clubber
Florida
I think it might be time to quit trying to use TUSCL in the evening! So slooooooooooooooooooow!

21 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Yeah Clubber – I am sitting in a Starbucks here in Miami and it’s running frustratingly slow – although I think Wi-Fi tends to run a bit slower in general.

Often times when is this slow I open two TUSCL browser windows and ping-pong b/w the two. But when I’ve done this tonight I keep losing my TUSCL browser connection.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I guess you could drink a beer between screen changes. I was doing that earlier.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    As slow as it is going, I’d be super drunk in no time :)
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Is the popularity of TUSCL using up broadband space and slowing things down? I don't even have the technical background to frame the question correctly. Just a thought.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    I visit TUSCL around midnight from my desktop connected to cable, and there are times when switching screens takes around 30 seconds. It takes FOREVER to get through all the discussion topics. If I use my phone to get into TUSCL, it's usually during the day and the speed isn't too bad.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I'm glad somebody said something. I thought it was just me. I do find the morning hours much faster. I'm only on a PC at home. I concur with most all of the comments above.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    It's reminiscent of a 90's dial-up connection.

Ah, those were the days. Steve Urkel. DJ and Uncle Jessie. Mulder & Scully. Walker Texas Ranger. Dr. Quinn. Slow Internet.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I think TUSCL is slower at night
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    From where I sit, the bottleneck is the Level 3 -> Time Warner interchange in LA. The traffic is heavily filtered after that. Kind of looks like the server is sitting in someone's living room in LA on a cable connection.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I have noticed that between 5PM EDT and 1AM EDT it is exetremely slow. Could it be that there are a shit house full on lurkers on the west coast? I doubt it. I think the problem arrises because TUSCL is on a shared server and late at night one of the other users is doing file capture or some other work. The solution is to buy more broadband space. But who is going to pay for it? Founder is not gonna take it out of his own pocket. I for one would be willing to chip for the cost of speeding things up.
  • penname
    12 years ago
    I frequent a site for another hobby that was having similar problems with slowness. The owners of the site worked with their internet provider to identify a fix and associated cost ($5,000). They then posted the details and asked everyone to consider becoming a paid supporter ($15 per year). Had the money in only a few weeks and upgrades really fixed the problem. I was one of the ones who paid and would probably kick in here if presented with the facts.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I wasn't able to get on TUSCL last night. I tried a number of times and finally said Fuck it !
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Ya I would pay to speed it up 2 boys
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    “I have noticed that between 5PM EDT and 1AM EDT it is exetremely slow”

Traditionally it has been the evening hours when there is more internet usage after folks come home from work. Don’t know if this still holds true today.

Also a while back someone mentioned that the avatar pics were a big contributor to page loading time – if this is the case; I could do w/o the avatar pics if there was a significant speed up – but of course, a tech upgrade would be best

According to an article, the US ranks 26th in internet capability/access-speed – part of the overall US antiquated infrastructure that needs serious upgrading.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    It's a dedicated server, and bottleneck is before you get there. The problem is network, not server capacity.

That was me complaining about the size of the thumbnails. But it seems to only be a problem for club and photo thumbnails, not avatars. So if you avoid people's photo pages, "Home," and "Clubs," you're ok. I go straight to the "Discussions" page.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Very slow every night. I tend to agree wit hshadow about the reason.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Actually... the avatar pics seem to be the biggest drag. If I use Firefox, I can get the text protions faster and the lag is more on the avatars. I though founder had the site setup to generate smaller image files for the avatars. Also, some the the "club pics" are fairly large and load slowly as well.
  • mmdv26
    12 years ago
    It's really only been in the last couple of months that I have noticed exceptional slowness
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Seems to be getting worse.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    ^^^

Agree.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Right now. 7 am EDT it's fine. But last night I gave up
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?