tuscl

Live music in a strip club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Back in the 60's when I made my first strip club visit to Tijuana, all of the clubs had live bands playing. I would describe the music as bump & grind.

I suppose in todays world live music in a strip club would be cost prohibitive but I though I would still ask the question.

Has any one seen live music in a strip club lately?

14 comments

• motorhead
    12 years ago
    Not on a regular basis. Recently, the closest thing I have seen was a young wannabe rapper who just released a new CD. He got up on stage every hour and performed a rap song from his new CD.

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    No.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc,

Woody's in the Keys had live music 3 nights a week until a few years ago. The same band that left there was playing in a club in S. Miami on Sunday afternoons recently.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    One local club that I know of, Dollhouse, has a live "entertainer" from time to time. He's a relative of one of the managers, I think, and allegedly raps. I've never been there when he's playing. Deliberately.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    No.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    The "Titty Twister" movie reference. The most I've seen is a DJ that was not obnoxious (rare I know)
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I have not, but I'd pay good money to see it. Real music, not some rapper.
    12 years ago
    I thought I read the Vince Neil strip club in Vegas, Girls Girls Girls, has live bands a couple of times a week?

Penthouse in Philly would have one on a weekend from time to time. Cheerleaders for special occasions like parties. I only know this from advertising. Not interested in live music during my strip club visits.
  • Damazing
    12 years ago
    Kahoot's in Columbus OH has a live band once a week.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I know at one point, Lincoln, NE used to have a strip club called the Royal Grove which used to double as a live music venue with nationally touring acts, but I don't think the two activities happened concurrently. I believe they ended up getting new owners and gave up on the strip club part of it and that this was some time ago. I was only there once (my very first trip to Lincoln, when I was still new in Omaha), so I don't know for sure how it all went about, but I do know they had many live bands, and they would advertise on Omaha radio.

Other than that, I once witnessed a waitress singing, and singing quite well, at the High Heel Saloon in Somonauk, IL once. That remains the only live music I ever saw in a strip club.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    yes, Savannah's in Harrisburg PA ocassionally has live bands in. It is definitly not a fequent occurance... probablly averages less than once per month.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Vanity has a "biker's night" on Thursdays 7-10pm. They have a live band out on their large outdoor smoker's patio. They advertise as having the largest smoker's patio in Dublin (suburb of Columbus - they are located on the border of Dublin/Columbus) The music is OK. They also set up a hot dog stand to sell hot dogs, burgers, and beer. They also sell cans of soft drinks like diet coke for $1. This is a good deal compared to buying a diet coke inside of the club. They have been doing this promotion for over a month now.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    Kahoot's in Columbus used to have live bands on Thursday nights. This promotion only last a few weeks but they did take pictures and posted them on their website. I never went to it myself though. Seems like it was suppose to draw in a party crowd.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion