tuscl

Review of Detroit's legal battle on stripclubs

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
This website identifies Alan Markovitz, the owner of at least three Detroit stripclubs, as the owner of TUSCL.
http://twosheds.com/detroitOrdinance/L.

11 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    I know about this info as I'm also a member on that site.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Is Alan Markovitz the owner of TUSCL? If so, what, if anything, does that mean to regular users? Nothing? Who cares?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    From what I’ve heard about Detroit clubs on this forum, it seems the ordinance may not be being enforced too much, if at all.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Howdy Al, nice clubs you have.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I think that twosheds is misquoting. on his web page, AlanMarkovitz. com, he speaks about his book "Topless Prophet"

"In this moving memoir of Alan Markovitz, who owns several Penthouse Gentlemen’s Clubs and the country’s No. 1 ranked adult entertainment club (The Ultimate Strip Club List (www.tuscl.net), The Flight Club, we are treated to a first-hand account of a Detroit businessman who has helped change and grow an industry while overcoming many challenges, some life-threatening, some business-endangering. He has spent nearly the past three decades reformulating the ultimate fantasy setting for men."
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Alan Markovitz owns my two favorite strip clubs in the Detroit area, The Flight Club and The Penthouse. I don't know Alan personally, but I sometimes see him in his clubs. He never looks happy.

I have read Alan's autobiography. He has a very good opinion of himself. This opinion is not shared by many dancers in his clubs.

Alan was shot in the face outside The Flight Club, and he has had a lot of reconstructive plastic surgery. That may be one reason why his face looks strange.

I don't know if Alan is owner of TUSCL, but I would doubt it. If Alan owned it, I think he would be milking money out of the site in 10 different ways.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    No, Alan Markowitz is not affiliated with TUSCL. Twosheds doesn't know what they are talking about.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Seems TUSCL is being used as a reference to the rankings, not that he owns it.
  • zef8mich
    12 years ago
    At one time the Flight Club was # 1 on TUSCL. I've always assumed the rest of the Twosheds statement about TUSCL was a mistake.
    The lawsuit against Detroit City Council is still ongoing. There was supposed to be a pretrial conference last month but that was delayed.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago

"Seems TUSCL is being used as a reference to the rankings, not that he owns it."

I believe deogol is right. TUSCL is the reference.

"In this moving memoir of Alan Markovitz, who owns several Penthouse Gentlemen’s Clubs and the country’s No. 1 ranked adult entertainment club (The Ultimate Strip Club List (www.tuscl.net), The Flight Club"

I'm not a English major, but this strikes me as a very poorly constructed sentence. At first read, it does sound like he owns TUSCL.
  • Electronman
    12 years ago
    Sloppy sentence construction is the problem. Read the parenthetical clause as "according to The Ultimate Strip........" and place the parenthetical clause after the Flight Club reference.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion