tuscl

Crappy SC Music In My Head

Friday, May 25, 2012 10:26 AM
From time to time a piece of irritating music starts reverberating in my brain and I just can't get rid of it. Driving out to a well site this morning the radio in the F-150 triggered one of these wretched songs in my brain and I am going crazy trying to get my brain onto something else. I don't know the name of the tune or its title or the group but the chorus just goes on and on and on and on.................... 'Roam if you want to Roam around the world...........' I first heard this tune in the old French Maid in Calgary. A dancer used a school girl costume and a series of girly tunes, including this one, for her stage set. I am sure that this must happen to you other guys as well. What do you do to clear your brain? My usual tried-and-true method is a booze-up; a cure unhappily not available to me for several hours yet.

16 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    I concentrate on something else. Personally I would not recommend intoxication.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    B-52's "Roam"
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Just for you, Art. [view link]
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    When I'm in my car, it's easy. I just put on some Led Zeppelin and start drumming on my steering wheel.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    I don't mind the B-52s at all. Better than most of the crap they play in the clubs.
  • EarlTee
    12 years ago
    I'm with Ermita.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    Oh thanks alot, art. Now I've got that damn song in my head.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    booze is a cure-all.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Now I'm stuck with "Love Shack"!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Yeah, "Love Shack" is even worse. [view link]
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    jack, "Love" I actually enjoy.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    B-52's aren't bad (I got to see them in concert for free, when the local shopping center opened up), but it's not really appropriate strip club music. Their male singer, Fred Schneider, for one thing, is obviously gay. Of course, by that logic, Judas Priest's music should be wrong for strip clubs, too.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Well, back at Rancho farmerart and after a nice steak on the deck and a bottle of Bordeaux at hand I have finally banished the offending tune and lyrics from my brain. @shadowcat: You bastard! No way in hell I am clicking on THAT link. @lopaw: Glad that at least one other regular has taste enough to recognize that the tune in question is pure crap. @steve229: Do you know every line of lyric from every tune ever recorded? Do you have a life?
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    INCOMING, ART !!! NORAD pinpoints the launch from steve229's backyard. LOL
  • carl95
    12 years ago
    I'd tip a chick that could strip to "Dance This Mess Around".
  • umissedaspot
    12 years ago
    ^ Yeah, totally, or to "Planet Claire" or "Strobe Light": "I'm gonna kiss your pineapple!!"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion