tuscl

Do you hear strip clubs ads on the radio in your area?

Just wondering how many listen to the radio while surfing the net and if they occasionally hear strip club ads over the radio. I thought it was a common practice but never thought about asking anyone.

One popular radio station even visits one strip club on a certain night in my area.

How about your area? Is it censored or do strip clubs routinely advertise?

35 comments

• sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Maybe it depends upon what kind of music you like. I listen to rock. I doubt they would advertise on a country radio station.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I hear them occasionally. For awhile there was even one that had TV commercials.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I've heard ads on both rock radio stations in Michigan and a on sports talk station in Chicago
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    I have heard ads for private dancer, kahoots, Columbus gold, sirens, club x, and whispers(closed)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I've never seen a TV ad or heard a radio ad here in Toledo, Ohio. Only Billboard ads.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Detroit rock stations routinely air spots for strip clubs. One of the area stations used to have a night every week where the afternoon DJ hosted an event at the club.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    At least in LA the primary form of strip clup advertisements are billboards with specialty newspapers a close second. The problem in LA is that any station with a strong enough signal that people actually listen to it covers more than the local market of the club.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Paper Moon advertises via radio. Believe it or not, I've even seen Paper Moon advertise on TV after an NFL game on Sunday.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I've heard on both Radio and seen ads on TV. I worked at a radio station that had a weekly event at a local club. I would go just about every week, because it was free entry and drinks since I worked for the station. (I don't drink alcohol so it was free sprite) All I did was buy dances when I found someone I liked. It was sweet!
  • carl95
    12 years ago
    When I was living outside of Nashville last year they would have ads on the TV in the middle of the night. I think it was during Daily Show/ Colbert Report ~2am for Pure Gold/Crazy Horse.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Here in Omaha, the Playhouse, which is south of Council Bluffs, Iowa just off of I-29, routinely advertises on Z-92, Omaha's rock station. I believe on one of my Des Moines trips, I heard the Lumberyard advertise on the rock station there.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    No but I don't get AM radio in my area
  • glen_livet
    12 years ago
    2 clubs advertise regularly on 2 FM rock stations usually during drive time. One of the station's DJ's often MC events at one of the clubs. Two other clubs have less frequent radio ads.
  • dtek
    12 years ago
    In Portland, Jiggles used to advertise on the radio day and night. I haven't heard "The best wiggles are at Jiggles" in a while, though.

Stars used to run a TV ad with a cave man theme. I haven't seen it in a while either. You can see the Stars ad on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D01lfk9Oc…
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shark I'm guessing you listen 2 93.3 the rock ! And your talking about all those pp ads lol.....and how they air from the inside on saturdys right ?......I listen 2 them 2 man....good radio
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Oooooops that's 93.3 the planet...the station that rocks !
  • overnights
    12 years ago
    Diesel from 93.3 The Planet is supposed to be hosting the Sunday night "bare as you dare" contest at Lust Club (formerly Nepals) in Greenville, SC when they open back up for business later this week (May 17th). This info is on their website: www.luststripclub.com.

• JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    overnights hell ya ! You going ?
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Yes. PT's commercials used to play on one of the local "indie" stations for a while.
  • Pokermon
    12 years ago
    My local spot here in milwaukee advertises all the time past 12aM for their 3rd shift parties and features.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    You guys got it. I listen to 93.3 a lot. In fact I am right now.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    @ motorhead: The same can be said for a former strip club here in Seattle, "Rick's." (Recently reopened by another owner under a similar name). It was interesting that the text of the commercial was so discreet that you had to already know it was a strip club to understand what it was describing. In that regard, it was only designed to retain existing customers, not to attract new ones.

@ dtek: That same "plot" in that video was used in a bottled water commercial I saw a few years ago!

• Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I was in Indy a while back and WFBQ was doing a remote at PT's and on 104.7 in Dayton Ohio clubs advertise on the radio all the time.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shark I love the wise guys morning show with matt, nine and page
  • overnights
    12 years ago
    Juice...I'll probably be at the new club some time this week. The grand re-opening is supposed to be this coming Thursday-Sunday. Some of the local dancers I know from Nepals who are working at other clubs right now are saying that they're bringing in extra girls from Charlotte and other areas for the opening. Their website is saying "over 100 beautiful ladies" with "complimentary beverages 6-8pm" and lite appetizers (girls or food I'm wondering :)). What's going to be interesting is to see if the hype lasts past the re-opening.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I was in the Greenville PP last week and was told about the grand reopening by a couple of dancers. I mentioned it to magicrat. He and the girls think that it will just be a glitzy reopening and then just revert back to what Nepals was.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Usually on sports radio.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I hope the crowd at Lust reverts back down because that was a small building and there is not physical space for too many people there. The anniversary parties were packed where I often ended up standing much of the time. I would not routinely visit if I have to stand up unless I thought I saw some of the hottest girls I've seen in a long time were visiting. I am familar with some very hot girls who worked there in the past and thought the club would be much more crowded if they knew they were there. I had them to myself for a long time it seemed like on a few occasions.

I'm not a big fan of packed strip clubs but I may visit anyway. Membership is still required. I sent them an email and they sent me one back saying I had an rsvp for the opening week.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Juice, the morning show is quite amusing. I don't know if they are still doing stunts since I don't listen to the radio that much in the morning too much anymore.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shark ya their still doing funny shit over the radio lol !
  • minnow
    12 years ago
    I've heard stripclub ads on various hard rock genre stations in some areas. The ads are mostly geared towards happy hour specials, or feature performers. I haven't made any of my personal club visit decisions based on radio ads.
  • Columbo
    12 years ago
    The Pink Pony in Atlanta has the crew from one of the rock stations host events in the club. They station runs spots for the club, the events and even has some of the guest performers live on the radio.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    With all my driving around Alberta I listen to gobs of sport talk radio. One Alberta club advertises regularly on that radio format - my old favourite, the Rig Pig.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I never listen to the radio. I prefer using my CDs & IPOD for music. I watch damn little TV and never read the newspaper. I use the internet for my news sources.

So the only strip club ads that I have ever seen, have been on bill boards and not many of them recently.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Shadow your a true playa son !
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion