tuscl

Would you hire an ex-stripper?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 5:35 AM
Inspired by the thread about what happens to strippers when they grow up. I've interviewed a number of people but have never seen "stripper" on a resume. I suspect I never will, and don't know what I'd do (ask her to demonstrate LD technique?). I have hired people with waittress, bartender, or entertainer experience and find they can have more confidence than those without.

25 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    If I were in a position to hire persons to do a job & this person, male or female had the skills to do the job well - I would hire an ex-stripper.
  • Rabbit21
    12 years ago
    Can't imagine why that would be an automatic disqualifier. So yes, of course I would.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    It depends, a lot of strippers work very flexible schedules. They're used to coming and going as they want and they won't come in when they're scheduled and work through their scheduled shift without leaving early. Before hiring a stripper, I'd need some sort of proof that she'd be reliable and dependable.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Might hire one to suck my dick.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    It seems like alot of posters are citing examples of crappy strippers they know and their bad run of luck in getting and keeping a job after stripping. The women I know who have moved on from dancing have had no problem getting and keeping a job outside a strip club. Half of them won't have to work for anyone else ever. They have either started a business or married very well, neither of which is stupid depending on what they want out of life. The girls that have problems with employment would have had problems whether they were a stripper or not. Being a stripper doesn't break you. The way you handle a job, whether its a dancer or a lawyer, depends on the type of work ethic and motivation you have, which starts to develop at a preschool level. Dancing is a great way to make lots of money and if you're smart, it can pay off. I've met alot of smart dancers and even more that can play dumb if it gets them farther.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    With what seems to be a consensus here that strippers are most all dregs of society (drugs, drink, liars, thief's, etc), It seems strange that some would take the chance that they would hire the one tee-totaling, drug free, honest ex-stripper.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Adding to what Stiletto said, I know of a few dancers right now, whom I've known for many years. A huge reason why I've known them for so long is that they're reliable, responsible, dependable individuals. They set a schedule for themselves that they can meet. Their managers and customers know they can rely on them to show up for work when they've said they would. They are able to pay their house fees every time they work. They get along with other people on the job, and they don't create any drama. Those qualities should help them greatly in their transitions to other employment after they're finished dancing.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I would totaly hire one and then move right into some OTC fun
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    How would you know unless she decided to tell you. Besides what difference would it make if she could do the job. Wives may have a fit but that is not a legal arguement. The key word is qualified and I meean clean, sober and job qualified. With today's youth many have a large problem with the first two much less the third. Many workman's compensation policies require employers to drug tests before hiring and random testing later as is the case with my employer and their insurance. Iwould be nice if you could make a living partying but I do not know a way so I go to work clean and sober.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    If I were a hiring manager and an ex-stripper came to me for a job and presented herself as an ex-stripper, no I would not hire her. I wouldn't even consider her. If she came to me and presented herself as someone who is qualified for the job opening, and had a resume that would hold up to a background check, then I would consider her as I would anyone else.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    No I only would hire srtippers not ex strippers
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    It's one thing to interview someone still in their early 20's who danced for a year or two. But if it's a 40 year old career stripper how does one explain a 20 year gap on the resume. If she says I was an "independent contractor", that's gonna lead to plenty of questions.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I would not rule her out. But the longer someone is in that profession, the more doubt I would have.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    I would try to avoid being in the position of having to hire anyone for anything, but if I had to, it would depend on whether it made sense to hire them, which would largely be a question of whether they were qualified.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    motor, "...how does one explain a 20 year gap on the resume. " That's easy, raising a family!
  • jackoff
    12 years ago
    I currently have an x-stripper that cleans my house weekly. 25 and hot as hell. She actually does a super job. I hired an x-stripper several years ago to work my retail floor selling furniture. She was excellent at selling. She had no problem making the transformation from closing deals for dances to furniture and add ons. The word "no" was a small road block to her. She became my best salesperson.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Good for you jackoff.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    If they are qualified, I would have no problem hiring an ex-stripper. As always, background checks would be run as with any potential employee if they can pass that, there would be no issues.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Thanks, everyone. I would never disqualify an applicant just for having stripper experience. Whether it's a plus or minus depends on the job I guess. I don't hire sales people but if I did I would consider it a plus.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    My companies don't offer the sort of jobs that strippers would want but I would certainly have no objection to hiring a stripper. I have had my share of sketchy male employees over my oil patch career. The scariest employee I ever hired was an ex-SAS commando for one of my contracts in Saudi Arabia. He was frightfully physically fit and competent in four skilled trades; spoke fluent Arabic; carried the most vicious knife I have ever seen. He was also a psycho which must have been the reason he was kicked out of the SAS. He just walked away in the desert one night and I never saw him again. I still owe him a month's wages from 30 years ago.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I do have one blow job position available. So sure.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    Sure, why not? What's one more "lying, thieving whore" working in DC anyway?
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I've kept in touch with a few strippers after they quit, and there seems to be two common paths. Most get it together on their own and lead normal lives. Others can't really get it together on their own but due to their good looks some guy who does have it together comes in and saves them. Of course my sample is probably highly non-random and skewed towards those who will, ultimately, get it together. As for customers, judging from this board, the prognosis is much poorer for us.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Art, that's interesting about the SAS guy. I've found military experience is usually a good thing. Sounds like that's not always the case.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    There is an exception to every rule. Military experience can change a person, depending on the experiences.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion