tuscl

Dancers who track their customers

A few years ago I met a dancer I really liked and spent a couple hours with her on a slow night talking and making trips to the LD area. I didn't see her again for a couple months, at which time she remembered pretty much everything I'd said to her that night. I was of course very impressed and ended up spending a fair amount of money on her over the next year or two.

Some time later she confessed that when she meets a customer who seems like a potentially lucrative repeat, she heads into the dressing room and spends five minutes jotting down notes in case he comes back. She said her system had greatly boosted her income, and I believe that.

This seems like such a good idea I'm surprised it's not more common. But it's probably a lot of work given the number of customers who pass through a club. The only other dancer I've known to use a system like this, learned it from her. Anyone else run across dancer systems like this?

22 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    No. But women in general do have a better memory and are considered better listeners.

There is a joke that says women are “historical” when they get into an argument w/ their SO – i.e. they can recount every little detail of any little thing the SO has ever done.

Related to the subject of recollection. I happen to be more attracted to women’s bodies than their faces (not saying this is right, just my thing). Often I will have dancers that I have either not seen in a while or may have met only once and they’ll say something along the lines of “don’t you remember me?” – often I honestly don’t. But on many occasions, if I end up getting a LD from the dancer, I’ll tend to recognize her when she is naked (i.e. I’ll remember her body).
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I made a thread not too long ago titled "People just don't forget a face, is that?" which was about how surprised I was that a couple of dancers remembered me after such a loooooong period of time.

Maybe this explains it.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I agree with Papi_Chulo, that women in general have a good memory for people. I've also had some experiences as GoV mentioned.
  • 23cambyman
    12 years ago
    Wow, that is some extra work she is putting in...she deserves to make more if you ask me
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Like any good salesman the good ones do what they have to remember you.
  • BadBitchesOnly
    12 years ago
    Some use smartphone notes app and that's okay as long as the bitch is typing in my number too.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Smart business. That's why she makes more money.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    U can't forget the juice
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I'm not aware of any Dancer I've been with using a system like this. Almost all Dancers who have remembered me after awhile between visits were Dancers that I spent a LOT of $$$ on.

I've always gotten the name & schedule of a Dancer I wanted to see again after a 1st time with her.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I suspect the new technology--smart phones and other stuff--make it easy for dancers to enter data and track targets. Yet another reason not to be impressed when they remember us.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    If they remember me thats fine if not thats fine also
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I'd probably remember several dancers a lot better if I wasn't drinking. Plus meeting up to over a hundred dancers in a single night can make it harder to remember any one girl. Lots of bright flashing lights in your face mixed in with dim lights making it hard to see many times especially after getting flashed with bright overhead lights make it harder to get a good view. Some dancers approach from behind or come up beside you while you're watching someone else. Those are lots of reasons not to remember dancers. visa versa applies as well I believe. Not all dancers drink and some clubs don't allow it but I like a dancer able to drink with me. I remember face and body. Which part I remember better depends upon how impressed I was.

If I only talked to her for a minute or two and she remembers me, that impresses me a bit except that a lot of dancers told me they remember me. That was a couple of years ago. I'm doing a better job of blending in not being as noticeable now I think.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I am the only one on this site with a vampire pic so maybe It's easy for dancers to remember me. I may be more interesting to talk to. That is if a dancer gets me talking without making me uneasy that she is going to be asking for dances, drinks or money. I may buy her a drink if I want to talk but that's not likely if the music is blasting away too loud.

I don't recall any dancer taking notes. That seems a bit extreme but if it helps her income, I don't blame her. She is working and it may help to get repeat customers. That is if she puts the right face with her notes. I don't really want a dancer taking notes on what I say. Unless we're exchanging phone numbers.
  • canny
    12 years ago
    I've been greeted by name at different clubs by different dancers who haven't seen me for months. I look them in the eye when I talk to them and I treat them the way I want to be treated. A lot of the dancers who smile when they see me coming in the door and come over to say hi are dancers who I've never gotten a private dance with. They're people too and they appreciate being treated with respect and courtesy the same as we do.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I don't really want a dancer taking notes on what I say"

There's nothing you can do about it if a Dancer is taking notes about your conversation.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I expect some of them will remember just about everything I tell them. Some won't remember a word.

I just need to remember what their name is if they are one of my favorites. Dancers don't like it when you forget their name if they act like your buddy in the strip club. I think I bought one such dancer more beer than any other dancer. She would sit and drink with me. I hope to run into her again. She is hot too. Of course everything has two sides. It seemed like it could be hard to get rid of her too. After 2 or 3 hours, I like other dancers to feel welcome even though some were approaching me anyway and talking to her and me.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    NOT being intoxicated will help remembering Dancer names.
  • scatterbrain
    12 years ago
    Can you say, salesforce.com? A nifty app for sales people to document previous interactions. A dancer's best friend to extract mucho cash from their customers.
  • scatterbrain
    12 years ago
    Can you say, salesforce.com? A nifty app for sales people to document previous interactions. A dancer's best friend to extract mucho cash from their customers.
  • scatterbrain
    12 years ago
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "Can you say, salesforce.com?"

Er, what happens if you say it 3 times?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Er, what happens if you say it 3 times?"

You join Dorothy in Kansas! LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion