tuscl

Question about private rooms in clubs

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:07 PM
Regarding private rooms in clubs. I have never been to a club that has them. I've read about them here on TUSL. Do the dancers do Texas style couch dances in these rooms?? And are they high mileage or just a lame ass waste of time and money?? If I was willing to travel, where would I go????? Somebody post and help me out please...Thanks guys.

17 comments

• bobvz
    18 years ago
    FONDL: you are right...Show and Tell in Philly still has that closed door thing going on...you can now get the underwear off if you put a condom on. See my recent reviews....had some good times there with my gal. In fact, we may be headed there again soon, if she gets her way, and she usually does!
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Golfer: Thanks for clearing that up. Now to erase my earlier mental picture of Texas Style...
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    well Chandler I was speaking in terms of the manner in which a woman tends to ride a horse upright moving her hips back and forth slowly lol I wasn't thinking in terms of screwing the horse lol but you are correct the man was on his back so I guess the horse would have been ridden on it's back. It was actually a club called the Razzmatz I think in Seattle.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    "the girl would climb on top and ride you like a cowgirl riding a horse" ....if the horse were lying on its back, I presume.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I thought those were called bed dances, is that the same thing? I only know of one place that does that: Show-n-Tell Showbar in Philly. They charge by the minute with a timer rather than by the song, I don't recall how much but it wasn't outrageous. And as I recall the girl is nude and the guy can strip to his undershorts, although that may vary by girl.
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Golfer...I'm from Seattle and that club(s) was De Ja Vu. I don't think they do the texas thing anymore. Just LD's.
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    JC I first heard the term Texas Style Couch Dance in Seattle at an old club there, cant' remember the name, wasn't Ricks. They had couchs for Lap Dances. You would lie down on the couch and the girl would climb on top and ride you like a cowgirl riding a horse.
  • giantsfan
    18 years ago
    Book Guy...Southwest flies in to San Jose and Oakland. Both are bout 45 minutes from SF. They stopped flying into/out of SFO because of too many weather delays.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Indeed, FONDL, I agree with the "monitor" thing. In many reviews it's mentioned that, if you tip the monitor (or waitress) substantially, they'll leave you alone. I haven't been to any clubs that people have reviewed thusly (not for any reason; I just haven't been to the right cities in my life) but I'd have to think that the whole "procuring" aspect of paying someone to leave you and a stripper alone would really make me tense and uncomfortable. I'd rather pay at the door and then shut it (metaphorically) right behind me, than have to navigate the vagaries of bribes, semi-bribes, bribe-like tips, and the like. And don't get me wrong. I'm seriously into "extra" pay-for-play service at strip clubs. I'm not generally there simply for the eye-candy, though I have no problem with the guys who limit their desires and/or experiences to that. So I read with relish the Seductions (Niagara Falls, Ontario) and Mitchell Brothers' O'Farrell Theater (San Francisco, need I say?) reviews. MY KIND O' PLACE! Hmm. I have a free month or two this summer. Maybe I'll head on up to San Francisco. I've never been there. Anyone know what airports Southwest serves in that area? ... ah, wishful thinking ...
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Probably the only thing you can generalize about is that private rooms that are monitored, either by camera or by some good sticking his head in the door regularly, are likely to be less fun than the ones that are totally private. Providing you have the right (or maybe wrong) girl.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    People are writing about VIP's as though there are "systems" out there, by which clubs have "organized" their method of getting money. I don't find clubs to be as consistent as all that. For example, some places that have a $100-per-hour "Champagne" room on weekends will let a dancer and client amble back there on a Tuesday afternoon for no charge. Another example, some places charge cover to enter one room, higher cover to enter another, and yet you'll often find that the service and privacy are greater in the lower-cost one because it has couple-sized booths rather than a large foyer of potted plastic palm trees and couches. And then some clubs will call their high-end room "Champagne" and others will use that term for their low-end room. My suggestion to anyone trying to find out what a "private room" is really like? Try it out. Every single one. And most important, realize that the intimacy (and service and extras) that might be available from one dancer will bear literally no relation to the same stuff offered by another dancer. And then there's the whole question of a "VIP Membership Card" that some places offer. In some jurisdictions, this is necessary to allow secluded activity (you become a member of a private club which has "invited" you to a private house party, rather than attending a public function at a public liquor-for-sale location), while in others it's just another way for the club to get cash (untraceable! untaxed!) for nothing. "Is there sex in the champagne room?" Well, Chris Rock is often wrong, but it all depends on ... the variables. For me, there are just too many to generalize.
  • ShotDisc
    18 years ago
    I think the term private room can mean many things depending on the club. In some clubs, Like Platinum Plus in Memphis or Mons Venus in Tampa, it is a single room with a number of couches where dances are done in semi-private. In clubs like Ybor Strip and others, it means a closet sized room with a love seat and a curtain. In others it might mean open cubicles in a single room like the old Showtime in Nashville had. Tiffany's in Memphis used to have large high backed couches that had deep sides so it was almost totally private even though it wasn't closed off at all. Then you have the classic VIP or Champagne room. These are the ones the other have mentioned that cost big bucks for a period time rather than per song. There is usually a charge to the house and the dancer's fee.
  • JC2003
    18 years ago
    I still want to know what a Texas style couch dance is.
  • Golfer99
    18 years ago
    The real answer is you never know. Most of the real closed off VIPS rooms that I have visited were a rip off. The VIP areas that are like in Ybor Strip in Tampa or the old Pony in Memphis offered a room in Ybor with a curtain and a couch in the room. It was pretty much whatever you and the dancer came to agreement upon. House took $10 for each visit. At the Pony in Memphis it was $10 you went upstairs and they had these high like 7 ft tall oversize loveseats that faced the wall or the back of the one ahead of it. Same deal as in Tampa, whatever you and the dancer agree upon. Other places I have been are like $100 for the room for 30 minutes then it's $30 / song to the dancer for air dances so go figure. Look at the reviews on the clubs and believe about half of them. If you see someone who seems to know about a club you are interested in zap him an email and get the scoop before you blow $200 in the bubble in 2001 in Tampa lol
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Yoda is right, many of them are rip-offs - this is one area where you really can't generalize, each club is different. I've been to clubs that have three or four different semi-private VIP rooms at different prices, but the action is the same and all are supervised. I've been to other clubs where you get a totally private room for just you and your lady, and what happens there is strictly up to her. And just about everything in between. Prices also range all over the place, and in some places the price includes the girl and in others it doesn't. Some places even include free drinks for both of you in the price of the VIP room. Some places have standard LD's that are fully clothed to force you into VIP. I tend to avoid VIP rooms unless they're inexpensive or I'm with a one-in-a-million girl. In general the fancier the club the more expensive the VIP and the bigger the rip-off. There's rarely any correlation between how much you pay and what you get.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    VIP rooms can be a great deal or a complete rip-off. It all depends on where you are and what you are looking for. Dancers who work in clubs with VIP rooms are generally highly skilled at talking guys into those rooms and promissing you the world to get you in there. In my experience the girls who talk the most deliver the least. If you like a girl and like her dances the VIP room can sometimes be a better deal than buying individual dances. If you are trying a new dancer for the first time I don't recomend auditioning her in the VIP. Buy a few dances first and see if she rings your bell...so to speak. I've had some great times in the VIP room and they have ranged from spending an hour or two with a girl on my lap sipping drinks and chatting to BJ/FS-no, not from the same dancer!
  • giveitayank
    18 years ago
    Yeah I know it's my money. I might have to go to SF later this year so I might check the MBOT. I do have to say though, I would be very uncomfortable getting high mileage dances knowing that her husband was there at the time. Even if he was ok with the things that she does to you, I still would rather he weren't in the club when I was getting those kinds of dances from her...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion