tuscl

Drill, Baby, Drill

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:35 PM
With gasoline prices rumored to be $5 per gallon thus summer,' I've wondered if it will affect my strip club habits. But I digress. What iI wanted to talk about was what my ATF said to me tonight...

32 comments

• MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    Mo'Head, more on shore drilling can only help....and btw, nothing better than a great attitude....
  • southtx_007
    12 years ago
    Tell me about it the closest SC to me is 30 miles away, that's 60 miles round trip plus drinks and lapdances. By the time I get there I already bought two lapdances in gas its getting ridiculous.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "But I digress. What iI wanted to talk about was what my ATF said to me tonight..." And that is?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Drill baby drill. Lol
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    Maybe she's Republican. :) That is if she's saying drill, drill. It wouldn't bother me if certain excess oil profits were taxed more heavily and those funds were redirected back as refunds to taxpayers. I know what's going to happen when they start exporting our natural gas. Price increases.
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Let me guess: a gusher was had?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Let me guess: a gusher was had?" I'll bet! LOL
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    I didn't know gas prices were rumored to be that high by Summer time. Gas prices in Virginia right now are slightly over $3.50 per gallon. My car is 15 years old, but it's a Honda with low miles and great gas mileage. I can fill my tank up for about $26 bones, which is great considering how high gas prices are right now. :)
  • SnakePlissken
    12 years ago
    I invested some money in oil ETF's for this very reason, especially since an Israeli strike against Iran will make oil and gas prices skyrocket, and that is near inevitable now. So hopefully high gas prices will yield me a lot of extra cash. Some of which will of course be stuffed into some strippers' g-strings eventually.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Hell. Let's hope Israel nukes Iran. LOL
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    I don't know how seriously to take this topic considering the venue, but do you honestly think that the oil companies funding these politicians shouting 'drill baby drill' really want lower oil prices? Really? They want to manipulate your unease about higher gas prices to get them to be able to extract even more oil faster and bring on even higher prices sooner. The earth only has so much oil. Accept it. The really cheap to get oil has been taken. We are now on the more difficult to get oil. Drilling deep in the gulf and in Artic climes is not cheap. They need higher prices to make it work, and when that is done comes the really expensive to get oil. Besides it will take many years for a new oil field to reach supplies. What will bring down prices, and do it sooner, is a reduction in demand pressures from conservation combined with a reduction in supply pressures from alternative energy sources such as biodiesel, ethanol, solar, and wind. The oil companies want to complain about 'radical environmentalists' but what they really fear is competing energy sources.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Let me tell you guys a dirty little secret about current oil prices. Everybody sees the price of oil being touted in the news as $106/bbl. That is NOT the price that independent producers like me receive for our oil, especially guys like me in Alberta or the Backen guys in North Dakota and Montana or any other producer in the middle of the continent. Spot price for us is now in the $70 range. The sole reason for this is lack of pipeline capacity to move the crude to the gulf or east coast refineries. That gigantic pool of crude at Cushing, Oklahoma is depressing North American prices to a criminal level. Killing the Keystone pipeline project was a seriously bone-headed move by you Americans screaming about high gas prices. The recent fire at the big Cherry Point refinery in Washington is also not good news for gas prices for consumers. US refineries are mostly pricing their crude feedstock off Brent prices ($121/bbl) already. So, restricted refinery capacity? Rising crude prices caused by geopolitical uncertainties? Idiot political decisions in DC? Brace yourselves for shocking gas prices very soon. I have excellent hedges in place for about 75% of my current production until Dec/2013. And, I am drilling exploration wells as fast as I can drive my drilling contractor. Right now, motorhead, my motto is most definitely: DRILL, BABY, DRILL. Would someone now please do something about natural gas prices?
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    Nationwide average right now is $3.60/gallon. Gasoline is around $4.25 in Los Angeles and San Fransicko.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    As of yesterday, gasoline at the pump here is averaging $3.69 per gallon. What are you guys and gals paying around the country?
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    Guys, please count yourselves lucky by comparison to us. Over here it's about $9 a gallon.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Higher gas prices don't worry me too much. I walk for excise, and I can easily walk the 7.7 miles to my favorite strip club. But I might have some problem walking back when I'm drunk.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "I can easily walk the 7.7 miles to my favorite strip club." In Detroit? Yikes!
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    Well, if a certain member of this board would quit drilling dry holes...sheesh!
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Ouch, steve229, price just went up again, farmerart called in a favor for that one. LMAO
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Amazing how Ben Bernanke's 'pools of liquidity' haven't caught any blame in the thread. The same guy who testified before Congress in 2007 saying the subprime crisis "would be contained". No, it wasn't. Papering over the problem added $10 trillion to the national debt with the bill given to the U.S. taxpayer. Ben Bernanke: Wrote his Phd on fighting The Great Depression. Selected by president Bush in 2005 to replace Alan Greenspan, nominated for a 2nd term early by Obama. Evidence the finance industry controls both political parties = he's doing exactly what they want: bailing out the financial system via cheap dollars on the backs of the taxpayer. The collateral effect? Cheap dollars mean high oil and gas prices, with spillover into higher food and service prices. This in turn pisses off strippers leading to price increases (see Brad's Brass raising their famed $10 per dance to $12 and now $20, a doubling in two years...) Ben Bernanke: The enemy of the strip club!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Ignorance abounds! vm, From $3.69 to $3.89. When I used to fill my first car, I had to "squeeze" in $5 TOTAL!!! Bike these days is over $16 to fill.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    vm, And the car back then used Sunoco 260.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    "I can easily walk the 7.7 miles to my favorite strip club." In Detroit? Yikes! Steve229, thanks for your concern. But my favorite club is in Inkster. I would have to walk through some ugly commercial districts but no really dangerous areas.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Yep, yep Clubber. When I first got my driver's license in 1969, the gas stations were giving away all sorts of things : dishes, towels, silverware, glasses, etc., etc. to get business. Gas was about $0.25 a gallon I believe. Oh well, what are we going to do. Current and future gas prices will affect everything including clubbing experiences. We'll see how it goes this year.
  • bobvz
    12 years ago
    Simple solution, I drive to a spot about an hour away, on business so it's paid for, and then get my ATF to drive 90 miles to meet me there so she incurs the driving and gas. Drill baby drill!!!
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    If Alaskan residents get gas rebates for tapping their natural resources, why doesn't that apply to all legal U.S. residents? Who do our natural resources belong to?
  • how
    12 years ago
    Leftists like Obama WANT high gas prices, and want individuals to have less mobility and less freedom in general. Tough to accept for some, but that's who those people are: they want large, controlling central government, with citizens dependent on them.
  • ajvet
    12 years ago
    I am going to make a simple suggestion, and DON"T DISCUSS POLITICS. As much as I love a good political discussion, this is not the forum for it. It will do nothing but generate discussions where people are going to yell at each other from one side or another, and will lead to bad blood between members (I have seen this happen on other sites). If you really want a "political" discussion, how about How may republican delegates will be at the Tampa Strip Clubs during their convention later this year
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    I'm paying 3.99- 4.15 now and depending on the station.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    ajvet, No one has or will force you to participate in ANY discussion, here. To answer your question, fewer then will be at Baby Dolls, Club Nikki's, Club Onyx, Crazy Horse, Daisy Dooks, Gentlemen's Club, Girls Next Door, Gold Club, the Leather & Lace clubs, Men's Club, Paper Doll Lounge, Silver Fox, and Twin Peeks. I think I would like to have the cigar concessions at the above clubs.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    ajvet: "I am going to make a simple suggestion, and DON"T DISCUSS POLITICS. As much as I love a good political discussion, this is not the forum for it. It will do nothing but generate discussions where people are going to yell at each other from one side or another, and will lead to bad blood between members (I have seen this happen on other sites)." You are absolutely right. Plus all politicians, whether liberal or conservative, will happily attack strip clubs and their patrons for the sake of a few votes.
  • Cheo_D
    12 years ago
    Back to the OP, I believe he just drank her milkshake... On the serious discussion side, there's also the matter that price-at-the-pump for MOTOR FUELS (gasoline/diesel) would not be that greatly affected by increased domestic drilling short-term. It is even more affected by shutdowns of refining capacity, production policy clusterfucks like Keystone(and as the saying says, never attribute to malicious conspiracy what can be explained by folly), and rapidly expanded demand in the billion-people countries. Besides - average US gas price was $4.12 in July of 08, since it has gone down then back up then down and now up again, so it hitting and widely passing $5 by 2012 should faze nobody. IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE CHEAP AGAIN, WE GOTTA LIVE WITH THAT. And in any case even if you're drilling and tapping the domestic sources, oil and its products are traded in open world markets so unless you subsidize domestic consumption(like the OPEC countries do) you end up with not that much less of a before-tax base price for motor fuel (and remember, oil is used for other, often more valuable purposes - synthetic chemicals). One good string of mines across Hormuz and next morning you're paying four bits more per gallon no matter where that gas came from.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion