tuscl

Movies Experts - Please Help Me

A movie called Fubar 2 was shot in one of my beloved Alberta SCs, the Rig Pig in Nisku. The club has retained many of the set decorations used by the film crew two years ago. In the movie the club was called Peelerz and those logos remain inside and outside the club. The Rig Pig is one of the two Alberta clubs that I actually enjoy so I am curious to see this movie.

Anybody here ever see Fubar 2? Over to you, steve229.

14 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    No but here is the trailer

http://www.fubar-themovie.com/
  • Ermita_Nights
    13 years ago
    You can buy it on Amazon for $15.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Nextflix has it. I added it to my que even though the ratings are low.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Art, Until you can see it, you can read about it. See the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUBAR_2

It was released in Canada in Oct. 1, 2010. The plot description contains this line: "Terry starts dating Trish (Terra Hazelton), a waitress at the local strip bar who has slept with every member of the pipeline crew at one time or another."

Sounds like fun!
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I wouldn't waste money on that movie lol
    It might be worth downloading from somewhere else though
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the links, guys.

shadow, your link led to others that followed the band associated with the star/writer of this movie. At one time or another in my life I have been in every single one of those bars. This band tours the real down and dirty spots in western Canada! I am kind of surprised that I have never heard of Deaner and The Heatseekers; a generational thing, I am sure.

I won't be seeking out this movie any time soon.

Apparently FUBAR is an acronym for: Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition ??
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    ^^^^^

Ooops! Deaner and Night Seeker
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Either "Recognition" or, more often in my experience, "Repair".

Common in military circles.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I turned the movie on tonight. I could only stand 2 minutes of it. It is FUBAR. :)
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    FUBAR (Fucked Up Beyond All Repair) and SNAFU (Situation Normal--All Fucked Up) were coined by US soldiers in World War II, making fun of military acronyms.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    There's also a mixed-company version of FUBAR: "Fouled up beyond all recognition." I have heard of Jacklash's explanation before. It's intesting that today "SNAFU" is quite a socially acceptable term. I've heard it used on TV and radio. I don't hear FUBAR used very much.
  • twin_flame
    13 years ago
    I thought FUBAR was fucked up beyond all reality... think I first heard it from the movie Apocolypse now. I enjoyed the FUBAR movies, reminds me of growing up in AB.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I didn't even finish the "trailer"!
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I was snowed in last weekend on the farm and attempted to watch this movie. I watched more than you did, shadowcat; but you are exactly right. This movie is definitely FUBAR!!

To anybody else: don't waste your time on this piece of shit. Just goes to show - we Canadians can make just as crappy movies as you Americans do.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion