tuscl

Tipping floormen/hospitality?

Saturday, February 4, 2012 1:44 PM
At my favorite local club there is one guy that works as hospitality/bouncer during the day. If I'm getting a private room with a girl for 30 minutes (or doing this twice), is there general etiquette on tipping him? My thinking is that with tipping him when I get a room with my ATF while asking him to come back when we have 10 minutes left will give us more privacy to engage in extras. Has this been your experience? In the past I have tipped them and received extra privacy, but don't know if it was the tip per se that did it. What is an appropriate tip (10% of the room, etc...)?

13 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    ITC I've tipped to get a booth at some Clubs & tipped to assure Xtras privacy when the Dancer indicated that I should. Both of those tips range between $10 & $20. I don't tip "PUSHY" Shot Girls - even to try to make them GO away. I tip servers & Bar persons per drink or per food dish. And coat check if I must use it. NO one else.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    I've been tippin on 4 4s I'm "juicebox!" Back then they didn't love me ! Now I'm hot and hoe's all on me !
  • TABB
    12 years ago
    At my favorite club I go to I always tip the bouncer/floor manager. They been giving more freedom and if there's at girl that new to the club or my cup of tea they will always them over. I usually tip the 10 to 20. The only reason ill be tipping them more if i know that will be the last time ill visit. As well when i go to different clubs I usually tip the bouncer a couple to 5 dollars.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    At my fav club in SC they prety well know me. thats becuase i spend a lot of money there. so tiping is slim
  • JGoose
    12 years ago
    I tip the DJ because he will put my ATF into VIP status so she doesn't get called on to stage. If I have change I'll tip the waitresses that are nice, and the 'bartender.'
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I don't tip them.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    At a hotel yes at a strip club fuck no
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Depends on the club and the situation. But if I am going into a VIP/CR with the expectation of getting my knob polished or FS, they you're damned right that I'm going to grease whomever is theoretically in charge of monitoring the room. There is such a thing as penny conscious and pound foolish. In many cases, the girl will let you know if some grease is needed. Every once in a while I will end up at a club where the "host" himself will have some special fee or other way to solicit the tip up front. In situations where real fun is potentially on the menu, it is not about whether or not to spend another $20, but rather whether or not you want the $200+ you are about to spend to be wasted money. VIP hosts/managers can become dickheads when they don't get a taste for the courtesy of leaving you unbothered with your companion, so why fuck around over $20 when you are already spending a big chunk to have a good time?
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Thanks for not mentioning my name rick. LOL. What rick described happened to me at the Goldrush in Atlanta last year. I doubt that I will ever get a VIP there again due to the lack of talent but if I do, I will grease the monkey.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    I was encouraged to tip the guy AFTER leaving VIP in Arnies in south Chicago but I have never been in a club where tipping before the VIP was necessary. Thanks to rick and shadow for furthering my education. I guess I am still a rookie at this game.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    What farm said thanks rick and shadow for expanding the game knowledge
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    LOL Shadow. I will admit that our vastly different experiences at Gold Rush were very much on my mind when I posted that. ;) But my comments were not targeted at you per se and I cannot deny that I've paid my own tuition relating to this issue over time. It sucks to come to terms with a girl, and to be on the hook for good money, just to have it all fucked up by some asshole banging on the room door or sticking his head in over and over just because he didn't get his taste. @farmer: I found the practice at Arnie's to be odd as well, though given the relative value of the place overall I really did not have an objection to it. ;)
  • Shamrock211
    12 years ago
    I've been a 'monkey' for a long time now and at a variety of different style clubs. I can tell you that I appreciate customer tips very much and that I'll go out of our way to help those who help us. Let me give you a couple of examples. A place I used to work at was monitored like a maximum security prison, cameras everywhere and the girls were NOT allowed to go to VIP without a floor guy watching the cams. As you can imagine this place was pretty strict, any kind of sexual contact was completely out of the question and even grinding was forbidden. In the same night I had 2 guys in from out of town for business. We had talked about what could and could not happen in the club because I'm a pretty stand up guy and I'm not going to mislead people until they've done something to piss me off. That being said they both got the picture that they weren't going to get their dicks sucked but both opted to stay. One guy tipped me a 20 to "look the other way" and the other didn't. So when they both went back to VIP, the tipper got A) a girl who didn't mind being groped a bit and B)got a much dirtier dance than the non-tipper. Meanwhile his buddy who opted not to tip got warned like a regular joe to please keep his arms to the sides and not touch the girl. He didn't get nearly the bang for his buck as the guy who threw me a twenty. Another guy who came into the same club tipped my a hundo and I let him get away with murder in that same strict club. I even went back to warn him the manager was coming around and that both he and the dancer had to back it down for a bit until I gave them the all clear. He had a great time and the dancer, myself and the club all made money. That was a good night. The only thing I can tell you that bouncers are people too. Treat them with a bit of respect and generally they'll do the same. If your local place has hardcore, asshole bouncers-find a new place. I'm just trying to make a living like everyone else but I have to do it with the within the parameters of whatever club I happen to be working in.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion