tuscl

calendar seasons?

chimark
Illinois
Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:38 PM
I was having a conversation with a stripper recently and she was complaining about the winter that no one comes to the club anymore because it's cold. I just nodded but I got to thinking that I'd had a conversation with a different girl complaining that summers everyone stays away from the clubs because they're outside playing golf or doing yard work or whatever....

It made me wonder is they're really a busy strip club season or is it just the girls complaining? I actually think 'IF" there is a busy season it may be spring time, building on the old spring time makes people feel young.

Has anyone ever noticed a time of year when clubs are really busy? Is it mostly based on tourist seasons?...for example, Ive noticed that florida clubs are definitely better in the winter time, and Vegas is really busy in the fall for conventions and football gamblers.

13 comments

• JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Dude I live in asheville and its all based on tourism for us ! After that its back to normal in my town ! Time of your : fall people love watchin them leaves change colors !
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Oooops ! I realy need an edit button I meant year not your : )
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    In 2010 & so far this past year 2011 are the only times in my Clubbing career where I have visited a Club outside of my traditional April to October Clubbing Season.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    Every retail business slows down in January and February, strip clubs are no exception.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    ....then after slow January and February it picks up when people get tax refund checks
  • pqphillips
    13 years ago
    A lot of it has to do with the area the club is located in, as well as the quality of dancers working. I live in Houston, and there are clubs that will do mediocre business on a Saturday night with no cover during tax refund time (mediocre to hideous dancers in questionable/dangerous areas of town), while other clubs are packed to the gills on a Wednesday night with a $50 cover during Christmastime (exquisite dancers in the high end hot spots). It really boils down to where you go and who is dancing.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Tits are always in season.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Incometax ! Yes motorhead ! Fuckin good one : )
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    At times, it seems like it is just random chance which determines whether a club is busy on a certain day and time or not. Popular sporting events, like football games or UFC, take away from the crowd. Big events in town always attract customers. At the one club near me here in the Omaha area, there are two guaranteed crowdedperiods not to go there: 1) College World Series week and 2) Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway stockholders meeting. I would think Mr. Buffett would tell them lapdances are poor investments, but I went there that day and it was bizarre, as all these guys in ties were there.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Detroit Auto Show, this week, and the Society of Automotive Engineers, in two weeks, keep the clubs popping. Then the high rollers take off for warm weather in February. Detroit clubs pick up in late March or early April.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    For some areas, the answer is yes, though obviously it differs based upon location.

For example, in Florida, the snowbirds all flock north during the summer and tourism is way down, so some of the clubs slow down a lot.

In the clubs here in the NE, winter is slower due to road conditions and just generally cold weather.

I am sure that there are other examples for areas with high tourism levels during certain times of year, or for those areas where weather conditions can be harsh, but there it is.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Up in Michigan, I've seen the clubs deader in the summer, when people are doing other things. Business picks up in the Fall, then dies right after Christmas when the Christmas bills come in. (:
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    In phoenix the busiest time of year starts to slowly pick upin early November and its in high gear from January to late April. Mostly from Snowbirds and golfers coming from across the world.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion