tuscl

Unusual/Little Known Etiquette/Protocol ?

JohnBuford
Massachusetts
Sitting and sipping with one of my faves and she wants to go to the stage to check out a new girl dancing.We sit and tip for the three song set.(As an aside,I find it very erotic watching a girl tip another dancer.)A new girl comes on and we remain sitting for another minute or so and she says she wants to return to our table.We stand and I start to walk away and she says "You really should leave a tip." I gave a quizical look."I took you away from the stage and we there when the song started." Hmm.OK.I toss two bucks on the stage and start to walk away again.To her credit,my fave walks to the stage,holds up the money for the girl to see and points to me.The girl dancing smiles and mouths "thank you." I felt like I did the right thing.OK,so my question is this: are there other less-well known,or unusual situaltions where you have tipped ?

14 comments

• Alucard
    13 years ago
    No.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Strippers think you should be tipping all the time and that you're made of money.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Tell her to shove that doller up her ass ! Then I would pay that bitch again !..............juice : )
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Oooooops ! Would'nt lol ! Goddamn edit button !
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    13 years ago
    Years ago I ran into a situation at a club where I was a regular at the time. A cute girl that I kind of knew was on stage (who I'd never danced with nor was really interested in that way - partly because I did know she was a regular with one of my buddies). Anyway, it became known this night that it was her birthday. So, I go up to the stage she was on, reached into my pocket and grabbed what I thought was a $20 and laid it on the rail. Anyway, I'm mostly looking at her to say Happy Birthday and as I turned to walk away I noticed it was $100 bill I'd just placed. Not my intention, but anyway I walked away. From an etiquette standpoint, IMO then and now, once the $$ hits the rail or stage - it's off limits.....
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Occassionally a favorite will ask me to tip or even buy a dance from a newbie or a friend that is not doing so well, money wise. I do so. It is good PR.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    @Maddog:Wow.Classy move by you.I'd like to think I would have done the same thing,but knowing myself,I would have given a waitress a couple of bucks to tell the girl it was a mistake and I'd like some lap dances in return.@Shadowcat:very thoughtful touch.May it come back to you tenfold in good karma.You're both gentlemen.
  • bluemonday
    13 years ago
    @maddog_romeo... to do that you are both, a mad dog and a romeo! classy, and your right you cant take it back ever, but i'd be gutted if that same girl didnt at least come say hi or give a dance or two in return.
    @shadowcat... well if a fave insists, and the girl is nice, suppose you have to force yourself eh?
    otherwise
    i'm with alucard here ... no tipping unless its earned. i tip the waitresss/barstaff who aint making much money for every drink, but dancers who are raking it in one way or another, no, no, no.
  • JackKash
    13 years ago
    I'm with sc and have had the same happen. I've also walked over to the rail to tip a girl if she's been dancing for no one at least to reward the effort. I don't stay though and go back to the bar.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    In my 'beloved' Alberta clubs I tip every single stage dancer at least a $5 bill since it is unlikely I will be buying any private dances. I think that it is the height of bad manners to sit with a drink, watch the girl's stage performance, and not leave a tip.

In Toronto clubs or in Detroit clubs, no stage tipping for me since girls will get an excellent shot at my wallet when we go to the VIP for......................................???
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    It's a tactic for getting more of your money, pure and simple. If *you* want to be nice, by all means do so, but don't let anyone pull some "etiquette" bullshit on you.
  • JacksonEsskay
    13 years ago
    I've had the same experience as shadowcat . . . i.e. asked by a dancer I am with to tip or buy a dance from another performer. And Mad-Dog, I don't know about the club you were in, but I know several where if you pick any tip up off the rail after putting it down, you are out the door faster than s*** through a goose.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    In one club sometimes when I want to tip the dancer on stage because I like her or just want to be friendly and there is a dancer with me whom I like as well. I'll just ask her if she'd like to tip the dancer on stage with me rather than leaving her by herself. For a mere two bucks most of the time, the dollar I give the dancer I'm with and a dollar for myself, I get to watch the two dancers and then another dancer in front of me. There have been a couple of times where I've become a dancer sandwich which didn't bother me. Then there are times when the dancer didn't want to go up to the stage, not her favorite dancer on stage. A few other times a dancer I'm with wanted to go with me to tip the girl on stage. In other clubs, I never see that.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    A couple of weeks ago, a female customer kept getting me to tip an extra dollar while I was sitting at the stage. There were no other seats available. The first time didn't bother me. The next 3 times she did that I was ready just to sit in peace and only have the dancer on stage approach me if the dancer on stage wanted to rather than get pushed into tipping by the female customer each time. After that I got up and walked around because I thought the female customer seemed to be as interested in me as the dancers on stage. I just wanted to sit and watch. I see nothing wrong with that. If you sit at the stage I don't see any need to throw money at every dancer unless she comes over to you wanting a tip. If she wants a tip, I believe that is the least she can do and doesn't deserve one just because she walked out on the stage and I happen to be sitting nearby. Of course some clubs may be different.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion