tuscl

How do you explain how you know a dancer?

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
I'd like to focus on one point jackslash made in his thread, "An Etiquette Question" (12/29/2011). I've had several occasions with a dancer OTC, where we were among her friends or family. This can be an awkward moment, because of the inevitable question, "Where do you know (insert dancer's name) from?" Sometimes, the dancer and I have agreed beforehand on an answer to that question--other times we didn't discuss it. When we didn't, if asked I had planned to say simply, "I know her through work." Fortunately, this delicate social situation has never caused me or the dancers any embarrassment. What has been your experience?

15 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    I knew my ATF and I knew some of the same people. When we first met with others we both knew, we just acted as though we were just introduced. It has continued that way and no one is the wiser.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I usually only run into people I know in the town I live at. Therefore I never had this problem before because so few people know me (I believe) away from town where all the strip clubs are. There was one girl that said hi to me like she knew me in a restaurant the other day. I just told my relative I can't remember everyone I meet. She looked slightly familiar but I really do not remember everyone. I may see thousands of different faces over the course of a year especially if you include everyone where I work, bartenders, waitresses, and dancers many of whom are in your face or talking to you while distracted.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Another point, usually other people will not know someone is a dancer just by looking at them especially if they are the type that don't usually visit strip clubs. I'm the only one in my family that visits strip clubs that I know of. Many other people I know never visit strip clubs.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    All the clubs I go to are out of town so the only time this comes up is via Facebook. I've had friends and family ask me about someone (I guess they can't believe I would know a young attractive woman). For me it's easy. Since I went back to school a few years ago I just tell them we worked on a class project together.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I took my dancer friend Gloria to Red Lobster for her birthday. On the way out we ran into a couple I know. We chatted for a minute, and the wife asked Gloria, "What do you do?" Without missing a beat, Gloria said, "I'm a waitress."
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Where do you know (insert dancer's name) from?"

Discrete:
    -Mutual friends
    -Gym
    -Facebook
    -School
    Direct:
    -The club
    -Backpage.com

TMI:
    "I"m her Wed VIP regular - DFK, FIV, DATY, HJ, BBBJ, FS - $$$ plus tip - 4 1/2 stars - highly recommend!"
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I never have this situation pop up, so I have no idea what will happen if I am caught out in public with a dancer.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    This begs the question, "What would juice do"?
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Well I'm glade some one asked txt ! Well the juice has a real altho I'm single I do not date dancers or keep contact info such as face space and my face !....no texting or phone calls either ! The reason 4 this rule is life little lessons never again !
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    Oooops I meant rule not real ! Damn edit button !
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    So far, I like Steve229's comments the best. He seems to be the best prepared to deal with the problem. He's got three categories of comments all ready to go, for when there's the need for them !!! Jackslash's "waitress" reponse is a common way to deal with the problem from what some dancers told me. They don't like to be "downgraded" from a dancer to a waitress, but that response usually doesn't prompt any further quesions.
  • bobvz
    13 years ago
    Like the boy scout motto says..."be prepared!"
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    Can you get a merit badge for OTC in scouts, now?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'm always prepared. I alwys carry a condom.
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    @steve229: Dude, too funny!

Had this situation happen several times this holiday season. Have used "she used to bartend, met her there." Only once has there been a follow up question.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion