tuscl

Christmas Greetings From Canada's North

I am spending Christmas in the exploration camp with two of my employees just to maintain the monster machinery while drilling is shut down. Yahoo! No sunshine; up here at this time of year there are barely 4 hours of daylight. Weather has not been too bad so far this winter, no extreme cold apart from an initial grim stretch of bitter cold and wind. Simple food, camp cook and camp attendant are off until Dec 27. My partners return on Dec 28 with the next drilling crew rotation and I am off to Hawaii for a holiday with a dancer from my favourite Toronto club.

I wish all tusclers a better Christmas than I will be having. I guarantee that my New Year's will be much better!! And, all the best to my tuscl buddies in 2012.

9 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Same to you Art. I will be thinking about you when I hit the strip club tomorrow. :)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    LMAO, shadowcat. Art, have a good holiday, wherever you may be. Hawaii will be a nice change of everything for ya.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Look at the bright side, Art. Santa will get to you sooner.

One of these days, are you gonna get over "appearances" and just hire a girl in to take care of you in these desolate places? :))
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Same to you art.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Happy New Year, Art!
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Merry Christmas, Art!

Wish I could migrate over to Toronto, but I guess I'm fortunate work is too busy right now. Someday....
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    Merry Christmas! I miss you around here.
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    make sure it doesn't freeze and drop off before you get the chance to head for Hawaii, art. and remember, when you get there, make sure you warm everything up the "right" way!
    Merry Christmas.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    A very Merry Christmas to you too, Art.

Hawaii with a dancer? Sort of eases the hardship of not having the cook
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion