tuscl

From Wikipedia's Lapdance Entry

Friday, November 4, 2011 10:08 PM
"Menstrual cycle and earning power In 2007, based on statistics from 18 dancers over 60 days, it was noted that female lap dancers earned the highest tips around the time of ovulation, during the most fertile period of their menstrual cycle, and the lowest tips during menstruation; the average difference in earning between these two times amounted to about $30 per hour. Women on the pill earned overall less than those not on the pill. The results were interpreted as evidence of estrus in humans: females apparently advertise their fertility status to males in some manner.[20] This find earned its authors the 2008 Ig Nobel Prize in Economics.[21]"

12 comments

• mmdv26
    13 years ago
    Maybe there really is another way out of this economic downturn.
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    Duh... What dumbass guy doesn't know that women are most horny and sexually exciting during their ovulation. Horniness = more sexy = more money for the dancer.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    I had also written an article on this here some time ago. The interesting thing about this is that any action must be subconscious because the dancers are trying just as hard every single night to earn as much money as possible yet have no actual desire to reproduce with any of the men at all.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I love studies. Most of these social science studies are complete bullshit, but you get to talk about sexy stuff like strippers and make sweeping generalizations that will be refuted by the next study that comes along.
  • pabloantonio
    13 years ago
    "Dancers are trying just as hard every single night to earn as much money as possible yet have no actual desire to reproduce with any of the men at all." You mean all the sex I have had with all those beautiful dancers was meaningless and without love or purpose? I am deeply hurt beyond words. I feel so used.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Pheromones, also. We can pretend we're evolved past all that, but when it comes down to the line, our primal instincts and responses are still intact. A woman whose ovulation has not been hindered by chemical BC will provide pheromones that subconsciously attract men.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Fuck studies
  • SnakePlissken
    13 years ago
    Kudos to those grad students for tricking their advisors into letting them study for their masters thesis by getting lap dances.
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    agree w/ jackslash. It's all BS, but entertaining for those who give a fuck enough to bother reading it.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I agree with myself
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    as FD said, it's the Pheromones
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    18?? That report a while back about physical and mental abuse taken by strippers had a sample of something like 18!! How can you even call it a study with less than a hundred test subjects?? LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion