tuscl

TUSCL makes the news.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
P.G. officials target undercover strip clubs

By:Ben Giles | 10/21/11 8:05 PM
Examiner Staff Writer Follow Him @ben_giles.

Legislation being considered by the Prince George's County Council would give the police more authority to root out and shut down clandestine businesses operating as shops by day and nude dancing clubs at night.
Councilman Eric Olson, D-College Park, introduced a bill that redefines the county's definition of adult entertainment and requires businesses seeking to comply with the new code to participate in a public hearing.

The tactic would place clubs under the scrutiny of the surrounding community, Olson said.

Officials don't know how many illegal strip clubs are in Prince George's County, but rumors fly of barbershops and auto repairs stores bringing in nude dancers late at night, according to Deputy Police Chief Kevin Davis.

Clubs are most often discovered when police are investigating late-night crimes, such as a recent shooting and stabbing at the Family Restaurant in Temple Hills.

Investigators at the scene discovered nude dancing inside the restaurant, police said.

Police shut down Family Restaurant under the dance hall bill, passed this summer to help officials remove businesses with violent reputations. Davis said Olson's legislation could have a similar effect.

"This bill will attempt to identify the unknowns, and the unknowns are the ones giving us problems," he said.

A collection of law enforcement, attorneys and county agencies are in the midst of investigating a few suspected clubs, including Puzzles Event Center, a Suitland store police have had their eye on for about two years, according to Maj. James Harper, commander at Oxon Hill Station.

Inspectors sent into Puzzles several times say the venue is a strip club, though it has two permits: one as a auditorium, the other as a movie production studio.

Owner Terrance Williams said Puzzles is used as a film studio for uncut rap videos, which regularly feature naked dancers. The facility is rented out to artists and is not open to the public, he said.

"I have cameras rolling at all times because we videotape everything we do," Williams said. "I'm not a strip club and I'm not a dance hall."

Posts online at the website Ultimate Strip Club list show reviews of Puzzles dancers written as recently as Oct. 16. The site bills the venue as a topless, bring-your-own-beer club with VIP rooms for lap dances.

The website lists Puzzles' address and Williams' phone number. Williams said he doesn't know how the information got online.

Harper, who called Williams' explanation a fabrication, said it's frustrating to watch businesses blatantly flout county laws.

"There's due process, but why should you be given a warning when you know what you should be operating as?" Harper said. "It's not like it's a surprise to you."

21 comments

• staxwell
    13 years ago
    Here we go.
  • Sowhatt
    13 years ago
    You accept patrons, you charge fees, you're a club. Not our fault that your business licenses aren't in order.

Seems tangential and not our problem to me.
  • Pete22z
    13 years ago
    Dunkin Donuts and strippers? If only.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    You shut down one club, another pops up. You arrest one prostitute, another takes her place. This kind of thing has been going on since mankind first started living together.

From caveman days:

Tor: Ug ug (I want to sleep with your woman)

Dug: Eeh uh ug (You pay pterodactyl wing for a night of sex)

Tor: Eh oo uugh (I'll pay her when she puts out.)
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Where do I find a Family Restaurant like this?

"...a recent shooting and stabbing at the Family Restaurant in Temple Hills.

Investigators at the scene discovered nude dancing inside the restaurant, police said."
  • rell
    13 years ago
    lmao sounds like pg county to me... i live in pg county.. and these fuckers will put a strip club ANYWHERE i just found out about 2 new strip clubs last week.. most of the young men that are starting these business are drug dealers or former drug dealers tryna expand their enterprise
  • rell
    13 years ago
    lol even more funny everybody in the area knows puzzles as a strip bclub.. it does look like q resturant though.. a small one lol a very very small one... i always wondered why they called it.. puzzles EVENT CENTER lol

i guess this is work of our friend policeman lol
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    Now hopefully all of you in denial will accept that LE is aware of and reads TUSCL...
  • troop
    13 years ago
    ^^
    thank you for repeating what i've said here several times wallanon, and i agree that alot of the guys here are in denial.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Rap studio is a strip club?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'm not clear as to who went on line. Was it the police or was it the writer of the article?
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    hard to say who found out about these places by visiting this site. makes sense that they'd be paying attention to any and all possible sources of info though.
    so, guys, if you find a club where the dancers are willing to be a bit more "relaxed" about what's permitted and not permitted, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to indicate that you'd be willing to share via PM's?
  • rell
    13 years ago
    @gator fan .. the original location of this place looked like a photo studio with a mobile stage.. really cheap looking but it got the job done .. i wrote the 1st review for this club and found out quickly about the goings on about this place .. i know alot of people are sad this place is shut down.. but like everything in this county .. it be up and running again in no time
  • steve229
    13 years ago

"License?...we don't need no stinkin' license!"

lol
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Eat shit and die, stupid pig.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Man you couldn't troll your way out of a paperbag.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Oh no. The police found out there is information online. I guess I need to think of more creative stories that are more believable.

How about Bank of America has 73 trillion dollars in derivatives and our whole economic system could collapse any day making those dollar bills we're saving become worthless? Our country is bankrupt but the politicians are managing to drag things out so our whole economy hasn't collapsed so far. Our government could cut all spending on police and the military and our budget would still not be balanced. Drastic cuts in all government services are coming or economic collapse. Yet people pretend or want to ignore what's coming and focus on all the little things.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    I'm not surprised Tuscl is in the news. Maybe dancers may not know or care to know much about it but if you do a simple Google search of strip club reviews, it will come up.
    Oh and policeman, as I said in my earlier post, come my way. It would make my day.
  • rell
    13 years ago
    i bet you policeman goes to these strip clubs gets himself a bbbj and then turns around and trys to arrest them lol
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I bet Policeman can't get it up. LMAO
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    @ policeman: You had almost no credibility, whatsoever, when you first started posting on TUSCL. Each time you post, you loose even more credibility. You're now into the less than zero category of credibility. You might be the first one, ever, to have a "negative" credibility rating. (In case you can't comprehend that, it means that even your own mother doesn't believe anything you say.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion