tuscl

Stripper Phones

dustyshoes
Illinois
Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:41 AM
The section on stripper cars, and the ability to buy/finance same, got me thinking about a night I was in my usual club. Just as I sit down, there is one dancer that seems to think I am excited to see her and sits down to talk. I can usually sit and have a beer while she is sitting there, so, it is ok. While she sits and talks, she is constantly checking her phone for texts, and sometimes, sends a text back. All of a sudden, she gets a text, and goes digging in her purse for something. After a while she pulls out another phone and makes a call. After she finished, I asked her about the two phones. The answer astonished me. She said that for low income, you can get a phone with 250 anytime minutes, free long distance and unlimited 911 calls, and any unused minutes roll over month to month. These are for emergency calls. WTF????? Who the f&%$ needs 250 minutes for emergencies, how many people do you need to call long distance in emergencies, and why would they need to roll over? I know, many strippers have kids, and the profession has it's problems, but why would she need to buy a phone, pay for a package, pay extra for texting, and make the calls on a free phone? Am I the one that's nuts here? Please explain.

39 comments

• motorhead
    13 years ago
    I've been seeing a lot TV advertisements lately for these low income phones. Apparently, if you are on public assistance or are a low income elderly person, there are free phones available. I've encounterd a number of dancers who claim they are poor, receive assistanc from WIC, have a Michigan Bridge Card, have Medicaid for their kids, yet walk out of the club each night with more cash than many of their customers make in an entire week. But that is a WHOLE other topic...
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Like motorhead said, adding that we the tax payers, pay for those low income phones. Here's the breakdown: Rent-Stripper pays half. Half is paid by the taxpayer. Utilities-Stripper pays most, but gets 10-15% help, funded by generous utility customers who think that they are helping the poor. Medical-free medical for stripper + her kids. Taxes-Strippers are not required to report their income and 99% don't. So, stripper's needed income for a month-give or take 500.00 and the rest is going towards their boyfriend's dope, probation fees, if any, etc. etc.
  • mo_youngblood
    13 years ago
    Remember. All that cash that they walk out with is most likely not reported as income. If that is there only source of income, essentially on paper they have zero income. I am sure they know how to work the system. So not only do you pay her at the club, but also with your tax dollars!!
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Dudester: "Taxes-Strippers are not required to report their income and 99% don't" What the fuck are you talking about? Everyone is required to report their income. The fact that there is no paper trail to pin them down on, and strippers are not renowned for their ethics or regard for the law to begin with, doesn't mean it is not required.
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    If we worked in an occupation where we were paid in cash only, you think we'd report all of that as income? Doubt it. And we think these girls are stupid? Are you kidding me?
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    ROBs
  • bubbaloo
    13 years ago
    The only thing to do if you don't like it is not frequent this sort of establishment. As for me - I feel I pay enough taxes that somebody should be getting away with something. I enjoy my time and the dollars spent. I don't think I need to worry about the rest of it. Laws, such as rules, are meant to be broken. Seems to me plenty of the posters on here select which rules, and laws they like to adhere to. Enforcing any law is a subjective thing.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "Everyone is required to report their income" Required by the IRS, State Governments, & Local Governments - YES SIR!! Done? Who knows how many paid by cash workers in any job report EVERY last cent to those governmental entities! How many of us "gentlemen" Clubbers if we earned some cash $$$$ would report every last cent? Raise your Hands! I DON'T think it will be 100% of us.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "Seems to me plenty of the posters on here select which rules, and laws they like to adhere to" I'm certainly not following Society's Rules & Laws when it comes to Sexual interactions with dancers. But I'm also NOT married or in a relationship, so I'm not violating any Rules regarding Sexual interactions outside of Marriage or in an ongoing relationship. I certainly don't believe there is 100% adherence to faithfulness to a spouse or GF by the posters in this Forum. But the posters in this Forum can behave as they wish...
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Most people I know in cash only professions still report their income. Similarly for income which is not officially reported to the IRS but for which records exist (e.g. options or currency trades). Why? Because they are scared to death that they would get audited some day. I think some strippers are just plain anti-social, and like anti-socials have trouble seeing past the day and possible future consequences of their actions. OTOH, some of the brighter ones do track everything in a spreadsheet, report it all, and pay. (Almost amusingly, some of the real pros even do their own mini-analysis on their spreadsheets. What times of the year are the most profitable, etc.) Along these lines, have other noticed that a relatively high number of girls seem to be accountants in their other lives?
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Every club I've been to in PA has to keep track of how many dances each girl does and report that income to state and feds.
  • Jackmd
    13 years ago
    We should be carefull. Some politician will want club goers to withhold taxes and provide 1099-G's to the spinners for lap dances and VIP's.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    I earn a rather significant amount of non-tracable money because I'm self employed. I report every penny of it on my taxes for several reasons, among them the fact that I like living in a town where the police department is top notch and I'm safe in my house at night. The fact that Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion and nothing else also helps, but the real reason is because I consume government services and I like having street lights that work, police protection, traffic signals, a military to protect us so that I can enjoy strip clubs, etc.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Jackmd: Technically, if one pays over $600... [view link] But I am not sure how it would go labeling a payment "Sara"
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    these strippers are not as poor/financially reckless as you think. I have seen plenty using top of the line smart phones.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Lying thieving whores
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    @looneylarry- yup!
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    Strippers are paid in cash, in secret, and are not expected to provide reciepts. Even if the club is charging you directly for the dance time, such as with the Deja Vu payment devices, there is still the extras tips. Do you think that the typical stripper is going to report all that secret income? Occasionally the IRS will try to backtrack from a person's lifestyle that they cannot possibly be declaring all their income. But they will hardly do that for every stripper in the country.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    A topic about phones turns into a discussion of dancers' incomes and taxes. Isn't it amazing how often we get back to our interest in those two things? I am as guilty as anyone else with my own almost prurient interest in dancers' personal financial affairs but the truth is that we customers will just NEVER know. Maybe we should just retire this discussion forever.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Strippers file taxes?
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Art, I understand what you are saying, but only up to a point. On one hand, we want dancers to do all kinds of "illegal" activities within the club, yet when it comes to taxes, we (myself included) want them to follow the letter of the law and pay their fair share. My original point was that alot of dancers are very good at manipulating the system. They work in a cash business and use that to their advantage to obtain free public assistance. Does this bother me? Yes it does. In this age of social media, we now can get a glimpse of the personal lives of dancers. Some post photos of their homes and apartments and many are living in very nice surroundings with large screen HD TVs, expensive sound systems, and leather sofas. Yet, they talk of being of being on food stamps and receiving assistance. It is somewhat irriatating, yet being the big PL that I am, I continue to patronize them and complain about it only on this forum.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Well, at least we can console ourselves knowing the strip club owners are declaring all their cash income and paying their taxes, right? [view link]
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Abusing the welfare system is not just limited to strippers. They are paid entertainers, who gives a shit what they do in their personal lives. Are you just as obsessed with the personal lives of your hairdresser/barber or grocery clerk?
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    txtittyfan "Abusing the welfare system is not just limited to strippers" Exactly! That is my point! We rail against the poor single mothers in the ghetto who defraud the Medicaid system and protest against the undocumented immigrants who use taxpayer services yet we seem to give a free pass to beautiful strippers. And yes, I am equally pissed at the hairdresser who sticks her cash tips in her pocket without declaring it as income.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    "They are paid entertainers, who gives a shit what they do in their personal lives" That's too funny. Apparently LOTS of people. Tell that to the Hollywood producers who have made billions of dollars off of shows like TMZ, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc....
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    One thing that has not been mentioned is Social Security deductions. Under the current system(Note Current)retirement benefits are based upon what an indivdual has put into the system. In the long run, this will hurt anyone not paying into it.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    RE: phones. As an old fart, I replaced the cell service I had, with a national major carrier, with a old fart service. Cost, about a third with the same services I use.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Remember the old far portable cell bag phones
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    gf, I know about an AT&T bag phone. I had one as a company phone when I worked for them. That was the early 90's. Don't recall it being an old "far" phone.
  • fetish_dancer
    13 years ago
    Fuck the IRS. And fuck strip clubs that hand out tax forms; as if. We work for TIPS. We don't even get the standard $2.13/hr waitress payrate. Every job I've had before stripping and every one I will have after I am done (because this is for fun, not a career) I pay out the ass in taxes. I utilize roads and highways and want access to police, so I don't care. You know, after dancers pay the house, the DJ, whatever other troll we need to pay off, after the bar siphons money off dances and drinks, it *is* like paying taxes.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    fd, Couldn't agree more with you as to, "...after dancers pay the house, the DJ, whatever other troll we need to pay off, after the bar siphons money off dances and drinks...". Seems every dancer I talk with makes much less than you might figure after those "fees". My fave, I give her enough cash so the I end up paying the house so she keeps what I believe she should get. The entire price of the dance.
  • runrdude
    13 years ago
    As much as it pisses me off how the clubs rape the dancers for fees, I have to admit it does come in handy sometimes. Like at the end of the month, and the end of a shift, and with a girl who has not made enough to cover tipout/house fee/drink fee/other bullshit fee, etc.......
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    All the strippers I know have the latest Iphones or Androids. Bitches don't skimp on the phones.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    sinclair: "Bitches don't skimp on the phones" Young girls. What do you expect?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Some of them have two phones. One for customers and another for friends & family. So don't feel so lucky that you got her number.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Anyone else have an iPhone?
  • steve_ny
    13 years ago
    I don't mind the cash economy. Rather not have the money in the hands of the government. The programs where they give tax dollars away are the problem. There is always a way to manipulate the system.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    @gatoran: I ordered a new 4S yesterday. Two to three weeks waiting time.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Dougster, what are you upgrading from? If your current phone is an iPhone 4, I'd be interested in hearing if you think it's worth it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion