tuscl

The ladies who only work the floor

I'm curious what thoughts any of you might have about the ladies at strip clubs that don't participate in the stage rotations but work the floor for private dances or VIP room engagements. How do they stack up against the dancers? Why do they opt not to dance on stage? Is there more than one reason why some gals only work the floor?

One of the clubs that I frequent usually has about forty gals working, about half of whom are dancers participating in the stage rotation as well as working the floor for private dances or Champagne Room excursions. The other half of the ladies apparently only works the floor. As best as I can tell, the gals who never appear on stage fall into two groups. A few of them are exceptionally fine looking women who are able to attract private dances so readily from the male patrons that they're busy virtually all night long. They probably make better money doing private dances only than performing on-stage, where the $2 tippers are occasionally plentiful, but sometimes few in number. One of my favorite young ladies at the club is of that kind. She truly lights up a room with her radiant beauty. I've sometimes walked across the entire length of the room to approach a gal for a private dance after she's caught my eye from a distance.

The remaining gals who only work the floor are often gals who are attractive in one particular way but not as spectacular overall as the dancers. For example, a gal might have an exceptionally pretty face and long streaming hair but have a body too mediocre to want to bare on stage. These gals are pretty shrewd about putting their best side forward. When one of these gals approaches a guy at a table to suggest a private dance, she'll go down on her haunches so she's face to face with the guy and her figure is not really subject to examination. It would take a pretty callous patron to suggest that she first stand up and do a turn so that he can examine her before responding. After falling for that approach tactic a couple of times, I've gotten into the habit of automatically saying "No" to the non-dancers, at least initially. I can always change my mind later after watching the gal a bit from a distance.

8 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    "To me, when who avoid ..." = "To me, WOMEN who avoid ...". Sorry, typo.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I agree with chandler. Often, if a dancer approaches me, I will politely put her off by asking when she will be going on stage. Basically, I want to see what she looks like without clothes, before I start agreeing to private dances. If she says she doesn't do the stage, I might unfortunately come to understand that she has something to hide. Perhaps her tits are post-child-rearing saggy, or her belly is much wider and floppier than her tight bustier suggests. To me, when who avoid the stage are unwrapped packages.

Then again, a major draw for me at a strip club, is girls flirting with me table-side, with minimal outlay on my part. If they come by, sit with me, and participate in slight mutual fondling and groping, I'm happy to eventually reimburse them for their efforts by purchasing private dances or by simply tipping them at table-side. Thus, any stage set they might dance, would simply reduce the time they would have had to approach me and similar customers.

And again, I've known some real professionals who like to assess men for major earning potential, and feel that the stage takes all control of their clientele away from them. These women can almost always smell, in me, a willingly open wallet, so I am often the beneficiary of their selectivity. Hence again, stage sets are to my detriment.

It's a mixed bag. If the girl is not going on stage, then I would want her to make clear to me what her body is like in a manner that would have been clear if she had gone on stage.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I really don't like this practice. I enjoy strip clubs as more than a rendezvous point for getting private dances. Tipping at the stage and flirting with the strippers as they circulate are as important to me as lapdances. I feel it detracts a lot from the club for some strippers to be in a separate "elite" category that makes them less visible or accessible. The DJ or manager may get a big tip out of it from her, but the club loses in the long run, even if it results in more VIP room fees in the short run. My home club has been doing this more and more as the push everything into the VIP out of short-term greed and it's ruining the club for everyone.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    In the time I've been going to my current favorite club, there have been at least 2 ladies who never dance onstage (or at least almost never, because 1 of them did when it was offpeak hours once). Of course, I should say beforehand that they don't follow a strict rotation. If you are in one of the private areas, you don't have to dance onstage; they just go to the next dancer on their list, or sometimes, I think they just make it up as they go along. Anyway, one of them is an S&M chick, and the other is a 50 something lady whose whole game was taking older gentlemen who are all by themselves back to the champagne room and doing extras. I believe they have some sort of deal with management. It's possible there are or have been others, who know how the rotation, or lack thereof, works. Frankly, I think it's weird.
  • SteelerDawg
    18 years ago
    Yup, that's the story I get from all the dancers I've talked to in depth (four or five). They most all hate the stage.. and the majority are actually a little self-conscious up there. It's all about the money though. Stage tippinghere is slow compared to what I've heard you guys discuss about other parts of the country.. so they definately make more money on the floor... not to mention it breaking momentum if they've got a nice repeater going on in VIP. (ie, a guy who might go 10 dances stops at 4 because she has do a two-set on stage). But, if they don't want to work the stage, they have to pony up money to the club for the priviledge..
  • chitownlawyer
    18 years ago
    I have an OTC friend who fits into this category. She pays the dj not to put her on the stage rotation. She makes much more money on the floor, and has a steady clientele that allows her to get sufficient business without getting up in front of the whole club on stage. Every dancer with whom I have discussed this subject has advised that stage dancing is merely "advertising", in hopes of getting couch/VIP dances, for which they will make much more money.
  • DocErotica
    18 years ago
    The club that I'm referring to is the Platinum Plus in Portland, Maine, which, as I understand it, is not nearly as much fun as the one in SC. The rules in the Portland branch are much more restrictive. I hate the way they operate the club but many of the ladies there are magnificent to look at (which is mostly all you get to do). Some of them provide very erotic private dances. The Champagne Room excursions are mostly a complete waste of money, unless you get very lucky, since you can get all the same entertainment downstairs at a much lower price.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    I don't think I've ever encountered this practice, although I have encountered the opposite - girls who only dance on stage and won't do private dances. It sounds to me that what you're talking about occurs mostly in large clubs, and I tend to avoid large clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion