tuscl

Why Is This So Difficult ?

JohnBuford
Massachusetts
Friday, September 30, 2011 11:17 AM
I will preface this by saying I believe I speak clearly,slowly and at an adequate volume.This comes from both my time in the military,when I had to speak properly while on the radio and currently officiating a sport that requires I speak that way when addressing players, coaches and having to report fouls.I asked for "Jameson,make it neat,with a rocks glass of ice on the side and a glass of water." Pretty simple and straighforward yes ? Yet the bartender, (who clearly should have her brain in her boobs) kept f... it [view link] took FOUR attempts to get it right.I have less patience for stupidity the older I get.What are some examples of stupidity you guys have seen in SC's ?

25 comments

• Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    A good bartender is a blessing and a good reason to become a regular.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    LMFAO - Well John I thought I was the "only" person who seemed to have a tolerance for STUPIDITY that decreases as I grow older. Nice to know I have company!
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    "Jack Daniels and ginger ale, please." "Is that Scotch or Bourbon?"
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    '"Jack Daniels and ginger ale, please." "Is that Scotch or Bourbon?"' Nothing that good, just piss water...
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Sorry, could you repeat the question?
  • GSWx4
    13 years ago
    Hate to call it stupidity and it was a stripper so it’s not fair but… In a full liquor club that is notorious for hiring under aged (not yet 21) girls despite the local liquor laws. Dancer asks me to buy her a drink. I tell her I would be happy to *IF* she is old enough. In her most indignant voice she says “I’m 22.” I ask, “What year were you born?” Glassy eyes, open mouth and gears grinding to a halt she just stands there. Another fine product from the US education system.
  • Doc_Holliday
    13 years ago
    Every underage dancer this far has been honest with me about thier age.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    My problem is the older I get the less patient and the more stupid I become
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    At the Discotheque Lounge in Augusta Ga the bar tender told me that she could not accept $2 bills. Reason: "I do not have a place for them in my till". So I paid with a $5 bill but she didn't get a tip.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I'd like a vagina and juice
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    At a generally blue-collar in Dallas, I ordered an imported beer. They served so little of that particular brand that they didn't have any cold that night. So, rather than offer me another choice, she brought me a warm Heiney, already opened so I couldn't refuse it, and a goblet full to the top with ice.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Fen, that's what you get for asking for a green bottle on Harry Hines Blvd. ;)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Most places I go, they don't even ask. It is there when I sit or very shortly after.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Simple? Sounds pretty complicated to me too. There's only Bud or Bud Lite on the menu where I go. They can't screw that up. Neat is how is how i keep my garage not how I order my drinks.
  • mikewazowski
    13 years ago
    This was about twenty years ago, but I ordered an Absolut White Russian and watched the bar staff in a huddle. Finally the bartender came back and asked, "I know what a White Russian is but what do you put in it to make it an absolute one?"
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    LMAO Mike -- I don't drink and I could have figured that out!
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    Shortly before my doctor told me I couldn't drink anymore, I went to two different clubs in one night and asked for a Bud Light Lime at each one. At the first, I got a Bud Ice (I wasn't aware they had even made that anymore, much less that some bar would dare to sell the stuff). At the second, I got a Bud Light with a lime slice put into it. I thought A) Bud Light Lime was pretty much a standard option at bars anymore and B) They'd be smart enough to say they didn't sell that kind, but no, they don't.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    mikewazowski 09/30/11 9:56 PM This was about twenty years ago, but I ordered an Absolut White Russian and watched the bar staff in a huddle. Finally the bartender came back and asked, "I know what a White Russian is but what do you put in it to make it an absolute one?" ^^ that's a good one! nobody ever accused bartenders of working for nasa! ;-)
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Simple? Sounds pretty complicated to me too." I have to agree with motorhead. Way too complicated for the typical strip club bartender. And why do you need THREE glasses anyway? ;-) A proper drink order should be no more than five words at the most, e.g.: Johnnie Walker Black, neat. Jack Daniels on the rocks. Gin & Tonic, Tanqueray. Vodka martini, shaken, not stirred.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    I didn't NEED three glasses,I CHOSE it.I have never heard of the "five word limit" and will ignore it,as future failures provide fodder for this site.Only in SC do I get the blank stare and furrowed brow when placing this order.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Just say "Beer" They should understand that. LOL
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Vm, Of course, when you are down my way, cerveza is the word!
  • Cheo_D
    13 years ago
    Well, it IS the SC, not Raffles Singapore. Much as they may want to put on fancy "Club" airs, I do not expect them to have very high hiring standards.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    What is this world coming to? Once again I agree with steve229. Early in my lifetime of drinking I learned that a simple drink request was the easiest for the majority of the world's bartenders to deal with.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion