tuscl

Another strip club shooting. This one in Canada.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:53 AM
Cop involved in shooting at strip club Police are investigating a shooting at the Cabaret Taboo strip club in Gatineau, Que., early Wednesday, August 17. One person was shot inside the club, and police shot one suspect fleeing the scene. (LARISSA CAHUTE/QMI Agency) OTTAWA -- Two people have been shot -- one by a police officer -- after an overnight incident at a Gatineau, Que., strip club. Police told radio station 1310 News that two people have been shot, including one suspect who was apparently hit by gunfire from a Gatineau police officer responding to the first shooting. The incident happened at the Cabaret Taboo strip club around 3:30 a.m., Gatineau Police Sgt. J.P. Lemay said. He said one person was shot at the club, and an officer in the area heard the gunfire and immediately called for backup and responded. Outside the club, several suspects were spotted fleeing the scene. "One of the fleeing suspects was shot by one of our officers," but managed to get away, Lemay said. Three people have been arrested, and police are still searching for more suspects. It's not known how serious the injuries are to the man shot by police. One witness told QMI Agency she was staying in a hotel on the same street. "Suddenly, I hear the shots and I thought my husband was going to wake up, but he didn't. I was scared, so I didn't go out," Louise va de Boncoeur said. "I was just stunned." Seconds later she heard police arriving at the scene. Provincial police have also been called in, as they are whenever an officer is involved in a shooting. The street remains closed while police continue their work at the scene.

8 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    "The incident happened at the Cabaret Taboo strip club around 3:30 a.m."
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yes, another early morning incident. Reinforces my habit of not staying until closing at a club.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    it's from a new reality show, "oil drillers gone wild" i guess art was pissed that the dancers were butchering the french language. ;-)
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    Nothing good can happen at 3:30 in the morning.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    The only shootings at strip clubs should be from the shot girls
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    troop, In Quebec it is most likely me that is butchering the French language but I make do quite nicely all the same. I once had a late, late night at Le Pigale directly across Gleber from this club. Didn't get shot at but to read this story is no earth shaking surprise. There was more than a sniff of bikers in the air at Le Pigale.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    ok art but i have royalty rights to the oil drillers gone wild reality tv show because i said it first. sheesh!
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    troop, For your new reality show, 'Oil Drillers Gone Wild', I could happily be a 'technical advisor' verifying the reality parts. 35 years ago I could have taken on one of the starring roles as one of the 'bad-assssss' rig pigs!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion