tuscl

Would you visit TUSCL if you owned a Club???

Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:59 AM
As I was writing my lastest review, I really wished I could tell the owner of this one club how disappointed I was with how his club is being run nowadays and how it went from "world renowned" to average. 1)If you were an owner would you listen to all the learned and savy individuals posting here or would you be to busy counting your money and laughing? 2)Why are so many clubs run so piss poorly?

22 comments

• Dudester
    13 years ago
    1)If you were an owner would you listen to all the learned and savy individuals posting here or would you be to busy counting your money and laughing? It's good market research. I think that SC's are the only businesses that don't care. 2)Why are so many clubs run so piss poorly? I think we're all agreed that strippers are head cases. Dealing with them, day in, day out, one develops a hard skin and tends not to really give a shit, about a great many things.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I've wondered the same thing; I swear I could run a better club than most owner/managers out there today. Regarding your questions: 1) Would an owner listen? - I don't tend to think so. I believe enough SC patrons will come in sufficient numbers, regardless of how the club's run, to make it profitable, especially since most of the help is paid on a sliding scale (i.e., tips) that goes up and down with the number of customers in attendance. While there's some embedded expense (rent, heat/AC), it's relative low compared to the human element. As a result, it's mostly it's a service business run on tips, so fewer customers = less operating expense. 2) Why are many clubs run poorly? - I think I partly answered that question above. Like restaurants, there's no "residual" or "recurring billing" built into the SC business model. Instead, restaurants and SCs must rely on a sufficient quantity of individual customers making a decision each day to visit the establishment to make it profitable. Unlike restaurants however, there are far fewer SCs relative to the number of potential customers (low supply/high demand), so even a shitty club can still bring in enough to turn a profit. That may be all some owners need/want, so there's little incentive to innovate or improve. That's my 2 cents...
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    So tell the owner what you think, carmelcd, if nothing else you'll get it off your chest. Who knows? The sleazeball might even do something about it.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    If I had a club I would run the best high mileage extras club around. So ya I would be lmao and counting my money : )
  • rell
    13 years ago
    as much as i am a hobbyist of sc i think owning a strip club would be a conflict of intrest. bad bad for business me doing otcs and laps with the dancers that worked at the club i own.Going to another club would not smart ..unless im going to scope out the competetion i guess
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Yes I would, but not for the same reason I visit it now. I would visit to read the reviews and see if any of the girls are likely to get me in trouble with the law, and see what I could do to get rid of them. I wouldn't want to lose my license to operate or serve alcohol revoked because of one of them. I *might* implement fixes to some of the gripes aired here, if I could do so without costing me money, and more importantly, they could *make* me money. After all, the reason most strip clubs don't fix those things is because they don't have to; most if them still make carloads of money without those fixes.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I know managers who use stripclublist but a lot of them are too stupid/lazy/busy to write a review on here for free access or too cheap to pay the fee.
  • happylap
    13 years ago
    I agree with Dudester. But I also think that a lot of the customers are not that discriminating. Many are addicts (like I probably am) and keep patronizing the same places over and over not matter what the conditions are. I've always thought that if I ran a strip joint I would treat the dancers better than most owners do. You know: not charging them to work in my club, taking a smaller percentage of their take, not putting quotas on the number of dances or drinks they solicit... I could go on and on. My logic being that happy employees make for happy customers which makes for better business and more profits. However, it's easy to say that. Much harder to put into practice I'd bet. Many of the women who go into stripping have personalities that will take advantage of others as far as possible. But I'd definitely check out tuscl for market research. What a great way to see where one could improve service!
  • Hefneresque
    13 years ago
    I recently made a number of suggestions to the owner of a strip club. I expected to see no changes. To my great surprise, a number of the suggestions were implemented.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    There's great blog to read with thoughts on this subject, as well as others. It's written by a former strip club manager: [view link]
  • 1Chanman
    13 years ago
    Personally, I would, but I'm willing to bet a large of them don't, especially if they're raking in the dough
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    Look you guys; get your heads out of your asses! From the business owner's standpoint it is all about maximizing profit. If the profit comes from rip-off fees (valet, cover), outrageous booze prices ($10 beers, $300 champagne, $6 water), blood sucking dancer tip-outs; it DOES NOT MATTER. Cash is cash wherever it comes from. It is up to us PLs to point the owners of SCs to the proper way to do business. Spend your money wisely! Do not piss it away on the owners' profit centres. Spend it on the girls so that the girls get to keep the coin. Tip in the VIP or at the bar before you go back. The girl gets 100% of that cash. Who Knows? Perhaps the VIP experience will be much better if you follow this route.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    1) Aboslutely. 2.1) As long as there's easy money to be made, they don't have to try too hard. 2.2) They only care about making money, not how satisfied customers are. (See FarmArt's post above)
  • Dolfan
    13 years ago
    Art's got it - you gotta know how/when/where to tip the girls that maximizes their benefit. I'm always interested in the tip out structure and fees, so its a common topic during first time visits to a club. I've noticed a strong increase in the level of service I get just by spending in ways that benefit the staff. What bugs and confuses me is the things that don't cost/make money. I can understand the decision to charge $10 for a beer. I get the parking and admission fees. However, hings like keeping the place too dark, having the music too loud, letting the DJ run his mouth too much, etc that I just can't get my head around. Do they think its cool to have it so dark I literally run into dancers because I can't see them? Do they think I'll buy more dances if I can't hear anything the person next to me is saying? I don't buy dances from strippers I haven't seen or spoken to, and I'm not gonna hang out not talking with my friends, while drinking $10 beers knowing there are naked women dancing around that can't fucking see.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Everyone here has made the same salient points. Even though there are a lot of people on this site, if you were to compare it to the number of people who actually go to strip clubs is probably minimal. Unless their bottom line is being affected, they have no compelling reason to do any research from a small portion of their attendance base. I think if there is something you want to see changed, talk to the manager and see what happens. If its a good idea, a smart business person will take it.
  • canny
    13 years ago
    Considering how hard it is to open a SC because the "moral majority" fight tooth and nail to keep them from opening, the owners of SC's don't care. They don't have much real competition because when someone tries to compete with them the politicians don't let them open their doors.
  • blockbird
    13 years ago
    Maybe sometimes it's good if club owners don't visit TUSCL. There is a club in Philly where extras were being provided, pretty much out in the open, in the lap room. The owners apparently didn't know the extent of the service their employees were providing their customers. Either that, or they weren't getting their share of the proceeds. Anyway, one day they found out about a website..not this one...with graphic reviews of the goings-on. The clamp came down immediately, and hard. The club is only now beginning to recover and become a shade of its former self.
  • spudd
    13 years ago
    Everyone of us wants a club with a lot of extras and no interference from owners. But it's a fine line to allow only so much, because getting busted by the cops would really hurt the bottom line. For example, in my fav Philly club (don't know if same one blockbird mentioned), extras can be had easily. Also, it's supposed to be only topless, but you see some girls go all nude when on stage. My ATF says that the cops are being paid off, but even then, the bouncer still occasionally peek into the VIP area, just to keep the girls from being too blatant on the extras. I've also heard the strip club owners in DFW would have a monthly meeting amongst themselves to discuss these matters (ie, how much heat the cops and politicians are planning to apply). It's a nice dream to have, but I do not think I want to be a SC owner, even if I won $100 million in the lottery.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Owning a SC requires mob connections.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I would still visit here. In one strip club visit, I ran into someone from work and he introduced me to the son of the mafia boss for our county. I guess I was on the path to possibly becoming a strip club manager. :) Just kidding. I have no interest in running a strip club.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I did end up talking to one strip club manager who listened to me and fired some of his employees because of me. I reported a problem that was driving customers away from his club and made me angry when a dancer did something to me. He told me he didn't need dancers doing that when he had enough trouble with the city trying to shut his club down. Unfortunately the city won the battle and shut them down. There was a church across the street so it was too close. Apparently secondary parking at the strip club across the street must have offended some of the people going to church.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I don't know maybe someone should sell me a club for a dollar and we'll find out
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion