tuscl

Numerically Challenged

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Friday evening at the Hustler Club outside Detroit, I bought a dancer a $13 drink and gave the blonde waitress a $20. She returned with a stack of $1's and when I counted them there were only 6 bills. I decided not to complain but to make that missing $1 the waitress's whole tip. But I mentioned the incorrect change to the dancer and she immediately called the waitress over and told her about the discrepancy. The blonde waitress looked puzzled, and then she counted on her fingers, realized her mistake, and fished a dollar out of her cleavage for me.

I don't remember when I last saw someone count on their fingers, but that performance convinced me the waitress wasn't dishonest. When I left, I tipped her 20% because I felt sorry for her. She probably doesn't know what 20% means.

Why couldn't the waitress do simple arithmetic in her head? Because she was blonde or because she worked in a strip club or because she was the product of the American educational system?

15 comments

• troop
    13 years ago
    jack, no doubt that many of the younger generation have been dumbed down and really can't count but just as there are rob dancers there are also rob servers and bartenders. maybe she honestly didn't know but it's also possible that her response was just an act.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    She probably didn't think you'd count the $1's. Nice try, bitch.

Speaking of numerically challenged, our dumb president thinks there are 57 states!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtI…
  • JGoose
    13 years ago
    I wouldn't doubt that it was an honest error based either on a blonde moment, or her education.

Ever try and see a kid these days try and figure out change if the register isn't working?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Well, a few days back at The Penthouse Club. I had just joined samsung1 at a stageside table and ordered my usual Miller Light for $8.25 and gave the waitress a $20. She brings me back $11. I looked at her, like you dumb bitch, you don't decide what I tip you. So she got a $0.75 tip. Service people don't decide whether to give correct change, you just do and let the customer decide what they will tip if they decide to. I worked in the restaurant business for many, many years. Dumbasses like her deserve little or nothing.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    vince, that is standard procedue at Follies. My coke is $4.25. I have yet to see a waitress attempt to give me 3 quarter back.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I have yet to run into a numerically challenged waitress or dancer, but I could go on for quite a while about how the education system is failing today's kids.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    jack,

I'll say the latter. I love to go through a drive up, give the cashier the dollars, then after they ring it up, I say I have some pennies. They have ZERO clue!!!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I can hardly wait for a nuclear strike and we lose power and people don't have machines to think for them.
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    Very often I will hand the waitress a $20 in payment for my drink. I will then tell her what I would like to receive back.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    $13 + $1 = a strippers dozen
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The greater the booze consumption for me, the more challenged I become.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Today's C average high school graduate would have flunked out in my day.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    God damn, it can be awful watching them count out change. Fortunately for them, most of the places I go to nowadays which aren't BYOB have it set up so that everything is a whole dollar amount, so they don't have to deal with pesky quarters and dimes and stuff.
  • 10inches
    13 years ago
    always thought it was stupid for clubs to set pricing so that change was involved. why not make it simple and round off all prices to even dollars. just another logical business rule.
  • edak94
    13 years ago
    I announce to the bartender the denomination of the bill ("this is a 50") so that if she tries to shortchange me (it has happened), I can tell her that I TOLD HER it was a "50" and then miraculously she remembers and give me the change for a 50 and not for a 20.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion