tuscl

Tipping on Stage in Canada - How is it Done ?

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Friday, May 20, 2011 11:31 AM
I will be attending a horse show in Langley, BC next week. IF I can make it to a strip club while there, I have two questions about tipping the dancers on stage: 1. Is it even allowed or encouraged? (I'm most familiar with the Washington state clubs. They don't even have a tip rail (except one club that has "bird baths" that they expect you to put the tips in). The front row of seating is required to be a certain distance, maybe 6 ft. away from the stage. Very discouraging to tip the dancer while on stage. 2. Since there isn't a dollar bill in the Canadian currency, do customers actually throw loonies and twoonies on stage? I heard that did happend once to a feature dancer, and she first thought she was being "booed," or insulted for a poor performance, until another dancer reminded her that Canadian currency is different that in the U.S. (Could just be B.S., but it made for a funny story!) So, how does one tip the dancer on stage in Canada? (Based on my last discussion item, I know I can depend on you guys for some "great" advice!)

10 comments

• newmark
    13 years ago
    I don't know about other parts of Canada, but from what I saw of Toronto, there isn't really any stage tipping going on.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    A few years back, Club_Goer, I was skiing in Alberta. I stopped in a club in Calgary and the locals were tossing "loonies" on stage. The dancers didn't mind at all.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    The only club I know in the lower mainland of B.C. is No. 5 Orange in Vancouver. It is a very expensive place - $50 lap dances. Stage tipping there is minimal. Usually stage dancers do not do lap dances. House dancers can be very accommodating upstairs. I have received HJ and BJ upstairs at the Orange but be warned: "It will be very expensive and very hard to find." The compensation is that the Orange has spectacularly attractive house dancers. You will be in Langley - a good hour from the Orange. Can't help you with advice in the Vancouver suburbs. My guess is that you will be in SC wasteland.
  • Maverick100
    13 years ago
    It is very rare in BC to see stage dance tipping and if you do it will be a minimum $5. Langely is a good hour fom the orange, the closest place to you is Maple Ridge but you have to cross the Fraser River to get there, either exit 192 ot 200 and follow the signs to the Golden Ears Bridge. It's a toll bridge, they will photo your licence and send you a bill about a month later, you'll have to google map it for further directions. I've never been to the club in Maple Ridge, check the reviews on tuscl. That said I was at the orange a week ago and Stage dancer Sugar said she would be in Maple Ridge for the long weekend. (May 21-24), if she is there check her out, she has quite the figure. Dances will be $50 though you may get 5 for $200 if you try. Your only other option is Surrey and it will be a bit of a drive as well, at least 30 minutes. Don't know those clubs except went to G-spot once, its a long way from Langely. Hope this helps.
  • Maverick100
    13 years ago
    Another quick comment. By exits I meant for 192 St. and 200 st., the freeway exit numbers don't match the street numbers. Public tranportation out there will suck after rush hour and is mostly designed to get you to and from downtown, not from suburb to suburb. A cab ride to the No. 5 from Langley will run you about $80 one-way...
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Ay I hear ay the tipping in Canada ay is great ay
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Pig latin = Canadian ?
  • Philip A. Stein
    13 years ago
    I stop into Nicki's Roadhouse every once in a while. The first few times, I didn't see a single stage tip. The last trip, they had put chairs around the stage. A few custies would tip $5. They would lay on their backs and the nude stripper would get on top, 69 style.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    I noticed a lot of stage tipping in BC, just like American clubs. But paper money only means it's at least five bucks. I've never seen anyone leave a loonie or a 2-nie.
  • Maverick100
    13 years ago
    Gatorfan, you sound like a young pirate. If you want to speak Canadian so badly at least get it right, it's eh. In cetain situations the tonal inflection is that of a question, like eh? For example, "good beer eh?"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion