tuscl

Manager interrupting LD to inform dancer she has to go to VIP

I recently decided to visit Christies Cabaret in Cleveland after seeing it listed on the top 100 (spot 14) and ranked in the top 10 for best dancer quality and best physical club. The club had $20 floor dances done on couches or upstairs VIP options. I had a dancer giving me a LD and the floor manager comes over and interrupts saying she has to get to VIP as soon as possible because the VIP party is back from their smoke break and want her back up there.
It was a buzz kill and then after the LD was over she collected the $20 and departed. No apology from dancer or manager.

Any other similar situations? I just stayed silent and left the club shortly afterwards as it was getting late. Anyone else been in a similar situation? Complain to the floor manager for free passes? complain to dancer for a free dance (2fer1) deal?

16 comments

• Realist123
    14 years ago
    Never happened to me and hope it doesn't because the manager would get an earful, even if that is the wrong approach to it, that is very unacceptable behavior by him.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Options:

a) stop the lap dance right then, and refused to pay.
    b) suggest that
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Sorry...TAB has interesting function here...

Options:
    a) stop lap dance right then, and refuse to pay.
    b) suggest that VIP party's smoke break isn't over;
    c) get free VIP pass, and sit next to the other party to finish with that dancer at floor rates.

Part of the strip club fantasy that you will be respected as a customer.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Don't pay for the dance. Leave and never come back.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I would agree with vm on this one, except for the fact you were not in one of your regular clubs. You have no idea how that might be handled, and speaking for myself, I would prefer not to regain consciousness in a back alley, or something like that.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Happened once, about 30 seconds into my dance, in a place where you have to prepay for the dance. Told the manager that he could either refund my dance fee, or get the fuck away until my song was done. When we were done, I talked to the owner. I never saw that manager again.
  • qweasdzxc
    14 years ago
    I had it happen once, i was getting a ld before they closed and he comes up to her telling her to pay her extra fee for coming in late. She tells him she will and then she atleast apologised for the destraction.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    I've had a similar issue at Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy. Every time I've sprung for the $100 VIP room (30 mins), the house mama (blond, portly, mid-40s/early-50s) intrudes to remind the girl to square up with the bar/bouncer/staff when finished, sometimes talk about other crap like club regulations, and to collect the VIP chip (a poker chip thing you get when you buy the 30-min VIP. Why they use them is beyond me). My boner, of course, stops responding and I'm thinking this intruder is chewing several of my $3 minutes. And don't get me started on the waitress who stops by next - geez.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    sam, same club, last fall. i was sitting with one of the two hottest dancers in the place. a few minutes earlier i had actually blown off the hottest dancer that i was supposed to get dances from because she made me wait over half an hour for her and in the meantime i had tipped #2 while she was on stage and she told me she was going to join me when she was done, which she did.
    anyway we were going to do some dances and this midget bouncer comes up and motions to her to get up. he whispers in her ear for a minute and then she sits down again and tells me that a browns player was in the club and she had to go over and join him. i asked her if she was going to do the dances with me 1st and she said ok. she gave me a 3 for 50 deal and the dances were decent, then she said sorry she had to leave and off she went. i went back to my seat and i could see a couple big guys sitting at a table with 3 or 4 dancers on the other side of the room. as you know it's dark in there and i couldn't make out which players they were. the dancer that was with me was just hovering around because there was no place for her to sit there.
    i finished my drink and got up to leave and walked up to the midget bouncer and asked him who the browns players were and he acted like he didn't know what i was talking about. that pissed me off, i just sneered at him and left.
    that dancer no longer works there btw.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    On a busy night at Kahoots several years ago I kept getting asked to move from one booth to another as various parties came in (I was solo). I didn't mind and understood they needed to take care of the larger parties (more money). The manager ended up giving me a free pass and a t-shirt before I left. I thought he handled it well.

I've never had a LD interrupted and probably wouldn't want to pay either!
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    I once told a lousy manager that I was scouting for a convention (true) and he fell all over me trying to apologize for being rude and making me move. I told him it was too late and left.
  • nengneng
    14 years ago
    To me, part of the strip club fantasy, especially for LD time, is that you own the girl EXCLUSIVELY! You don't want her to mention her boyfriend/husband (her son is okay) since you don't want another mature male in the picture, at least for that short time. Same logic, you also don't want to be reminded that she will leave you soon and serve another (group of) male(s), especially that big turning-off reminder interupted your LD and took the time you pay.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    ss1- I'd simply say to mgr- "Excuse me, but I AM getting a lapdance, and I don't appreciate you interrupting it." The ball is now in his court, if you don't get satisfaction from him,(e.g.some kind of "comp"), then I'd consider taking it up with his supervisor. If not resolved, leave and write it up.

I agree with m26 that one should feel respected as a customer. I haven't experienced ss1's situation exactly, but at Baby Dolls- Dallas I was chatting with a hot prospect for a minute and about to ask her for dances when a female mgr type interrupted me, and steered dancer to a VIP party. This is a bit of a gray area, as I wasn't paying dancer anything yet, but I still thought it rude, especially since I hadn't been talking with dancer all that long. I didn't make an issue of it- talent pool was deep and attractive enough to find another good dancer, it rankled all the same.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    I've experienced lap dance interruptus. One time a dancer was on my lap rubbing her tits on my face while I was sticking my finger up her snatch. Then a waitress came in to ask me to pay my tab! It was actually kind of funny. As the dancer said to me afterwards, "Well, at least your dick wasn't out."
  • Realist123
    14 years ago
    Just to add..I've been interrupted by bouncers telling me to watch my hands but that's about it, Didn't think there was anything I could really do, tipping those ratfucks a few dollars seems to help though.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I don't remember a manager interrupting me. I do remember the DJ calling the dancer on my lap to the stage. I do remember a dancer being called to the stage by the DJ but I believe those dancers that left for that tried to finish up their dance before leaving. Most dancers I've known ignored the DJ in one club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion