tuscl

How to carry your money

Columbo
Atlanta
Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:21 AM
How do you carry your money when in the SC? Do you simply pull it out of your wallet as needed? Keep it in a roll or on a money clip? Also, do you make a point of displaying money, such as having a wad of bills or having a $100 bill on top?

21 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    I keep $1's and a few $5's in a shirt or pants pocket for tips. Then in another pocket $10's, $20's and more for dances. Never had a problem. As for a "roll", no. Dancers will know, but need to show to some scum that may be watching. I don't need the grief of blasting some ass that try's to rob me!
  • snowtime
    13 years ago
    I do not carry a wallet inside. Only take in the maximum amount I want to spend. I keep the ones and fives for stage tipping and drinks in one pocket. I keep the larger bills for private dances and extras in a separate pocket. I do not openly display my money. I don't take in my wallet so I don't have to worry about losing it or having it stolen. This system works for me, others will have there own way of handling their money. I can always go out to my vehicle if more funds are needed.
  • snowtime
    13 years ago
    Clubber, your post appeared while I was typing mine, but it seems we have a similar MO. Maybe that's a common money management scheme in strip clubs.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    In SCs - NO wallet, just a wad in my back pants pocket. For drinks and tips - a smaller wad in my shirt pocket. Early into the game I learned about the dangers of carrying a credit card into a SC !!
  • oldCALIFORNIAguy
    13 years ago
    I only go to strip clubs when I travel for business and I NEVER carry my wallet into a strip club. I use a leather money clip that I keep in a zipped pocket for the larger bills with slots for my driver’s license, hotel key and a condom. I keep a stash of ones and fives in my shirt pocket for the tip rail and drinks. The credit and ATM cards stay at the hotel so I can’t go over my budget. IMO flashing a roll of bills only invites the hustle. I prefer to ‘interview’ my ATF for the night without the influence of visible cash and let her impress me with her talents versus me impressing her with my cash.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    One good trick is to have two or three money-clips. I use the ultra-cheap variety, available at Walgreens or Wal-Mart. They're essentially nothing beyond a flat piece of stiff metal bent into a "U", roughly $5. I often have three or four clips going, or a stack of bills paper-clipped together with a larger traditional office paper clip working in a money-clip-resembling sort of way. In a back pocket I keep bundles which total $200, usually gathered as 10 of $20-bills. I sometimes have carried as many as 6 or 8 of these bundles (= $1600 total!), if there's a serious blow-out going on. But generally I'll only go into a club with two bundles (= $400 total). I pre-bundle these stacks, carefully, tightly, neatly. I'm anal about it. I find that $20-bills are the proper operative currency. Larger is annoying. The $50-bill and the $100-bill cause concern and perhaps consternation among staff and dancers, and also heighten my risk of mis-counting. Also, I carry another money-clip for $1-bills. This smaller bundle (usually it's physically larger, but worth less) goes into the front shirt pocket. I let it flap around a bit, and don't bind the money very carefully. That bundle is for stage-tipping, titty-tipping, and general tipping-tipping. It is continually replenished and then depleted throughout the night. My perception of how much money I'm "wasting" at a club is based on how many times I dip into a bundle of $20-bills and reduce its original $200 total by breaking a $20. The $20-bills I watch, but I ignore any reduction in the $1-bills bundle, allowing it to "flow" out of my hands. I feel that this system -- ignore the $1 bills but watch the $20 bills -- gives leeway for tipping spontaneously while still guarding assets carefully. (Technically, of course, I'm NOT guarding as carefully as I COULD guard, but I'm not concerned with that technicality. Emotionally, I am guarding where I WANT to, and NOT guarding where I DON'T want to.) I still haven't figured out what to do with $5-bills and $10-bills. Sometimes the $10-bills go into a (former) $200-total bundle with all the $20-bills, and I do find that $10-bills are helpful for paying or tipping a dancer with whom I've had an extended lapper session, especially if the total price comes out to exactly match a round multiple of $20-bills. Similarly, sometimes the $5-bills go in with the $1-bill bundles to be used later for drinks. This, however, risks me sticking a $5-bill in a garter when I intended to only put a $1-bill in there, so I don't like putting $5-bills in with the $1-bills. But usually I don't receive $5-bills or $10-bills. If I do I'm annoyed. :P
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    PS. I usually have a slim-wallet with driver's license, one credit card, one ATM card, in the same pocket as the $20-bills bundles. I don't like going about without proper ID and emergency-funding source ...
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I can't imagine not having a card available. Not inside, but still available. How can one "budget" money/time/"event" at a club? Do you go in knowing how the night will progress? I've never done that. So how do you do it?
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    Normally 3 Stacks like others do, One pocket full of Ones, One full of fives and another with 20's Just don't get your ones and 20's mixed up.. That would be one Giant Stage Tip!!
    13 years ago
    I keep it pretty simple. I bring my wallet stuffed with the max I'm budgeting for the visit. Also bring 5-10 singles in my front pant's pocket. Replenish the singles with change I get from drink purchases. In nearly 25 years of clubbing I've never broken out the credit card or ATM card. Not planning to start now so not concerned with bringing them. There's always another day if I want to continue with a hottie.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    $1's in front pocket, $5/$10's in wallet (for drinks), money clip in other front pocket with 20 Lap Dance Units. "$100 bill on top" (with smaller bills underneath) spells poseur.
  • metaldude
    13 years ago
    I never bring anything but cash with me into the club. I self park with the valet (when available) and tip him so I can park close to the door. I keep $100 or so in small bills in one pocket, how ever many $100 bills I think I need in another and the rest locked in the car. I never bring in any credit cards or ID of any kind.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    I walk in with cash sticking out of every pocket, a C-note hanging from my zipper and a twenty stuck to the sweat on my forehead. Being old, ugly, fat and a Hillbilly to boot, it seems to be in my best interest.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I bring my wallet in with me with all the normal cash and credit cards. Never had a problem with dancers trying to pickpocket me. Now if I could say the same thing about my glasses. :)
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I leave the wallet in the car (or at home) only take the cash and my ID (along with my concealed carry permit, because it's only illegal to carry a *gun* into a bar, not *all* weapons) into the club. It's mostly to remove *my* temptation to impulse buy, rather than protection from lying, thieving whores.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    I did once experience pick-pocketing, in which I lost the wad of $1s that I had in my front shirt pocket. It was $8 at the time (I had recently purchased, added to it, and so forth; and therefore knew its exact contents) and I can identify who, how, and when. I confronted her and she was amazingly bland and blase' about it. "Oh I probably just took it. It's money isn't it?" It didn't really bother me that much since that $8 would have gone into this particular girls tits and g-string anyway, probably; or, if not her, then someone else's. I think the thing which bugged me the most, was the seeming lack of awareness on her part, that such an act might BOTHER the victim. It wasn't so much that I wanted her to be "moral" or "upstanding about it." I wasn't looking for, "I'm sorry" or "It's not a bad thing / yes it is / no it isn't" type of interaction. Rather, I was looking for "Uh oh he's going to be mad at me" or "Ooops you figured it out." I didn't get either. I just got "Yeah, I took it. I wanted it, so I took it. It's money isn't it? Everyone wants it if it's money." Weird ...
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    Several ones wrapped around a couple of fives/tens are in a pocket for easy access. Everything bigger is usually in the wallet or else in a money clip that also holds my I.D. and possibly a creditcard. I've really gone away from using the money clip... If I can't handle having my wallet then I shouldn't be going in.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm, There are a couple of dancers at Stir that always pick my pockets! :)
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    I keep my wallet in my left pocket and take out whatever singles I have for tips in my right pocket of the pants I'm wearing that day.
  • GSWx4
    13 years ago
    Pick out a dancer for the night and ask her told hold my money for me. After all, if you can’t trust a stripper who can you trust?
  • destrosmask
    13 years ago
    I assume that they can pick my pocket like Gypsies in europe. Switch pockets throughout the night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion