tuscl

New laws

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:13 PM
Missouri last session passed a new law that outlaws nude clubs, requires a 6 feet buffer, imposes new 1000 foot requirements from schools, churches, etc. It has really strangled the clubs that used to be pretty liberal. The same bill was passed by the Kansas House and died on a tie vote in the Senate. It will certainly come back again this year, and I expect the resurgent GOP to jam it through. It even goes after the little video jackoff booths in some adult stores, which I think are almost already gone. The question: Since this same bill appears to be getting introduced all over the country, is it a matter of time before the two-way LD or nude LD goes the way of the dinosaurs? Does the industry have a chance at reversing the trend? Next thing is bikinis behind plexi-glass.

20 comments

• nengneng
    13 years ago
    an endangered industry...an endangered hobby...
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    The religious right is a major force in the GOP coalition. As the Republican ascendency and return to power gathers momentum, states will enact more laws restricting clubs. The GOP needs the support of these groups in order to get elected and pass laws reducing the size of government and government spending. Those who want smaller government through the effort of the Republican party must accept that part of the coalition wants an end to strip clubs. In Michigan the Governor, the legislature and the Supreme Court are all under Republican control. The great days of the Detroit clubs are numbered. I know that many people who want smaller government are not interested in banning strip clubs, but a major segment of the GOP political coalition wants that to happen and they must be satisfied.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    In exchange for smaller federal government, they want more intrusive government involvement in private lives. And they don't see the contradiction. Morons.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    I don't speak for them, but from what I am able to understand, on the state level their argument is: (1) strip clubs are immoral; (2) the clubs are fronts for prostitution; (3) underage girls are exploited; (4) clubs reduce residential property values. While not the focus of the small government GOP crowd on the national level, strip clubs and other forms of adult entertainment are targeted for extinction at the state and local level, by parts of the state GOP groups calling for smaller state government and balanced budgets.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Can't we have a party conservative on finances and liberal on sex? Nope.
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    "In exchange for smaller federal government, they want more intrusive government involvement in private lives. And they don't see the contradiction. Morons." agreed, people who can't see they're making a mockery of the very thing they profess to support. fuckin' bible-thumpin' idiots.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    SuperDude: Yeah, called Libertarians. Unfortunately, they don't have a chance in he'll of actually gaining control, because they tend to not be good compromisers.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i've said this before, i live in a democrat controled county. about 98% of the politicians are democrats and every time there's talk of a strip club opening they come out in droves trying to keep it from happening. currently they are trying to stop an existing club from expanding it's size. the donkey party is just as guilty as the gop.
  • nengneng
    13 years ago
    Sorry, can someone clarify this to me: which party, Rep or Democrat, wants to kill this industry? "Superdude" seems to point to Rep while "troop" mentioned Democrat... I'm confused...
  • troop
    13 years ago
    neng, although some like to blame one party, like i said, both parties are guilty, especially around election time.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Dems will let the GOP go on until they simmer down and then Dems start up with feminism, human trafficking, etc.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Texas is completely ruled by the GOP. Draconian laws against SC were passed in 97. Why is Houston a great two way contact/FS/OTC destination ? The city/county/state are having a financial crisis. Lots of states are facing financial problems. The difference between them and Texas is that Texans hate taxes more than anything else. Add in that vice squads have been revealed (in the past) to be big time free spenders. When that hit the media, SC prosecutions slowed way down.
  • bhunter5252
    13 years ago
    on the other hand, The Florida legislature has been Republican for years. There are some pretty loose clubs in the Sunshine State
  • 2ofus
    13 years ago
    it isn't based on political party, it is based on individual lawmakers that like to pretend they are moral authorities and others who are afraid to not yell "me, too!" when the legislation is proposed. No one will ever be voted out of office for closing down strip clubs - but many people would base their votes on that platform. That is the real answer.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Detroit passed some very restrictive strip club laws but they don't seem to be enforcing them. That may be the perfect compromise. Pass laws to please the prudes and ignore the laws to please the pervs.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Yes, both parties are hypocrites on the issue of strip clubs. I didn't make it clear that I think Kansas may have a GOP faction that wants to close clubs. Detroit is a Democratic stronghold, but the City Council caved in to pressure from the politically powerful clergy and passed new restrictions on clubs. If the voters want clubs closed, they will find support in either party to get it done. I just happen to think that the religious right is stronger in the GOP.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Both parties are hypocrites on just about all issues. I think it has more to do with it being an easy way to garner support from the sheep, than it is about religion.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    All I can hope for is that the government gets its shit together and gets the economy rolling again...then I can make more money that I could then spend to go to places that do have liberal sex entertainment laws...like Toronto! I too am one of those small government...and stay the hell out of my sex life guys. Too bad the all of us that think that way can't join forces and take over.
  • txtittyfan
    13 years ago
    Good idea Primo, we could call the group the "Immoral Majority".
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    Today is your lucky day, do you know what a 6-foot rule for lap-dances means? More extras for you buddy, obviously no dancer is going to abide by this 6 foot rule, there will still be lapdances.. and since they will be already breaking the law because of the 6 foot rule they will be more open to actual extras since they've already broken the law This is an extra hounds dream
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion