tuscl

Mandatory coat checks

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:56 AM
how many of you guys go to clubs with mandatory coat checks? I know some clubs that do this for safety reasons while others are just doing it to make money by either charging a fee or putting a tip jar out.

17 comments

• Lewis1975
    13 years ago
    I plan to start sneaking beers into the club, using my inside coat pockets. If there is a mandatory coat check, I'm going to have a problem.
  • Drippy
    13 years ago
    Usually don't take my coat in at my fav club. Required valet drop off is only a few feet from the door. The coat check is mandatory but complimentary. Coat check girl expects a tip though.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Never been to one that had it, but it doesn't sound like something I would honing of my way to avoid. It's not like I wear my best coat to strip clubs anyway, and I don't generally leave anything in my coat pockets that would be worth taking. If the tip is only a couple of bucks or so, it might be worth it not to have to keep track of it all night. More than that, and I'd consider leaving it in the car, even on a cold WNY night.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Yeah, my regular club has a coat check for $2, which is just another way to take our money. So I usually don't wear a coat, even on cold winter days. I get into my car in my attached garage and leave my car with the valet, and so I don't really need a coat.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    If mandatory valet is right in front of the entrance, I leave the coat in the car. If I get cold waiting for the car when I leave, it is reflected in the non-tip.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    I usually just leave it in the car. It's not just strip clubs, most "clubs" don't want people wearing coats, usually for security reasons. If I took a coat into a club, I would probably leave it there after a a bunch of drinks and laps, so I really don't mind personally. My goal when I go into a club is to come out of the club with everything I came in with. To date, I've lost 2 hats, a drivers license (bad), and a ton of money. Technically, I didn't lose any money, I just spend too much!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Never a problem in South Florida. Even on the coldest nights, a few feet walk without a coat from a warm car to a warm club is no big deal. Now if I go to the club on my bike, I wear it in, instead of leaving it on the bike. Never heard of a coat check in south Florida, in any case.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Even on the coldest nights, not a problem in South Florida. A few feet walk from a warm car to a warm club is no big deal. If I visit the club on my bike, I wear it instead of leaving it on my bike. I've never seen a coat check in South Florida, in any case.
  • jester214
    13 years ago
    If they want money, I'll usually walk it back to the car, just on principle.
  • boatmonkey
    13 years ago
    Yes, my favorite club does sometimes require coat check. When they do, I check it with the girl - no big deal. It's a couple more bucks and I don't have to drag it around with me. This winter they haven't cared but I would expect them to require it just to save the room in the club that all those un-checked coats take up. They need to fill that up with customers and strippers rubbing on the patrons!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Just about all clubs I have ever been to in cold climates require a coat check. Tough rocks, I'll walk from my car without it. I'm tough. 200 feet in a winter wind won't kill you.
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    despise mandatory coat check. if i'm forced to pay, i WILL tip less to dancers, wait staff, etc. sorry, but that's the way i operate.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Leaving your coat in the car is a good idea but the clubs here in columbus are run by cheap skate managers who do not want to spend money on heating so the inside of the club is cold. Also the fact that the smoker's patio door is constantly being opened letting in cold air makes it cold. I wake up feeling sick the next day sometimes after a night of clubbing so I have to make sure to put on a sweater before leaving. There have been times I have been out driving and thought about a quick stop at the nearby SC but changed my mind not wanting to deal with coat check hassle and freezing my ass off inside the club without a sweater with me.
  • LeeH
    13 years ago
    "I know some clubs that do this for safety reasons" -- samsung, I like you and all, but BULLSHIT. It's for the $$$.
  • MisterGuy
    13 years ago
    I haven't seen that many strip clubs that had mandatory coat checks...maybe a few in downtown Montreal (like Club Super Sexe & Chez Paree) & one or two in RI (like the Caddy).
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    Like Clubber, I am fortunate to live in a very mild climate, so at most I might need a hoodie if it's a little chilly - but it will always stay in the car. I don't think I've ever even seen a coat check in my area.
    13 years ago
    One club has a mandatory coat check, $2. Depending on the weather I'll sometimes rough it. Another place has the mandatory coat check but it's complimentary. Of course there's hot girls taking and giving back your coat. Here I don't mind at all and tip 'em a buck.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion