tuscl

Starving

Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:08 AM
About seven months ago, I moved to a rural area. There are two clubs about 20 minutes away, and they both are overpriced, low mileage places. I have reviewed them both. In fact, I visited each once and gave them low scores, then tried again a few months later and my impression wasn't any better.

And yet...I am thinking about visiting one more time. Why? Because I'm starving for some SC action.

I *know* that it will be a waste of money and I will have buyers remorse on the drive back. This time, I am contemplating just trying to pull a dancer for OTC instead of wasting any time on LDs or drinks. But it can be hard to get acquainted without buying some of that stuff. I feel like it would be worth it if I can get the connection.

Help me convince myself not to waste my time/money.

17 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    sorry i won't try to convince you because i would probably do the same thing. it's pretty common that there's a high turnover of talent in strip clubs so there's always the possibility of connecting with a new dancer even if it hasn't happened in previous visits so unless i had some kind of incident that was a total turn off i would keep plugging away and hoping that things pick up on the next visit.
  • Realist123
    14 years ago
    I say try and wait a bit longer and venture a bit further than 20 minutes out and try a different club, or if you go to one of these 2 only take a small amount of cash and leave your plastic at home
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Save up for a road trip to a place where you won't be wasting your money. :)
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sit at the rail and tip the $1s. I've done that a couple of times. At one per song, $100 in $1s goes a long, long ways (4 hours at The Spearmint Rhino in Vegas on Saturday night.)
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    I've found in circumstances like yours, that reframing the club in one's mind can help. It is what it is, and if you're in a low mileage area with few options, then to gmd's point above, save for the road trip where you'll get what you want. In the interim, go on occasion to the home clubs, and just appreciate them for what they are - some cute girls getting naked, or almost naked, who'll pay some attention to you for a few bucks.

I did this with Tootsies in Miami. Some PLs like it, but I find it to be too high pressure by girls with attitudes. I'm usually looking for more of a laid back experience with cute girls with nice personalities. But I do like the sheer volume of attractive women spreading their legs and giving a great rail experience for the dollar tips. So I've learned not to expect more from Tootsies than that. When I go there, which is not often, my enjoyment stems from sitting at the rail (during half-price happy hour, if I can), enjoying a couple drinks, and getting a few low-priced feels in when I tip the girls. I've partaken in their lapdances, and while not bad, at $25 per, they're just too expensive to put up with the short songs and surly attitudes. So I don't ever expect it to be different, and I'm not disappointed. It's only when I wish it was something different that I start down the road of frustration, which I've learned helps no one. So to compensate, I'm planning to make an occasional road trip to Cocoa Beach for Inner Room and Tampa for Mons Venus.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Either move or do a road trip.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Be careful with OTC in less populated areas; it's harder to remain anonymous at motels, etc. But that probably shouldn't be enough of a deterrent to rule it out. I agree with Rod, lower/alter your expectations at the nearby clubs, and try to cope with a lower level of stimulation.

If you can go missing for most of the day (like 10am - 6pm) run up to Washington Park. It's interstate highway all the way. You'll get in there around 12:30, which is an OK time to start the hunt. Stay for 3 hours, and beat the rush hour traffic on I-44 through STL going back. There's eight or nine clubs within a mile of each other; a couple of real fancy ones, and the rest are Alice's Restaurants. I think you'll find the price for "lots of fun" to be less than you were paying up here, but admittedly, the overall quality is a notch lower -- still tolerable, tho.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    Good suggestions...

At one of the clubs, they have a nice big screen TV. Maybe I will go there to watch the playoff game tomorrow evening and see if I can find a girl for OTC.
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    Skip for a few weeks. then road trip it up.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I, also, will agree with Rod. As one that also goes to Tootsie's, I don't expect what I can get at my more local club. My main reason to visit Tootsie's is to find Asian dancers. Difficult to find them in South Florida, even of the 100's there.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    You're starving? Consider poor old farmerart out in Alberta. Nearest SC is about an hour away. Nearest SC with reliable OTC is three hours away. Best SC lap dances - 1350km away. Nearest SCs with reliable ITC action - 2500-3000km away.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Bring the party to you.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    A rural area? What about all those farmers' daughters they're always talking about?
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Three letters: ESL
  • rob0411
    14 years ago
    I agree, ESL is only 2 hours away. Take a short trip to a better world.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Digitech, I have found that the game is a little different in low mileage areas, but OTC is almost always available in any area.

The difference is in required approach. In high mileage areas OTC is fairly easy to score on a one shot deal, but in low mileage areas one needs to be recognized at the club, and get to know a few of the dancers enough that at least one would be comfortable with doing this, before OTC opens up. Remember that in lower mileage areas the girls can be very paranoid about being discovered doing OTC, so the multiple visits are often necessary in order to establish raport and comfort level.

Now I'm not saying spend a bundle on lap dances - in fact I never do and instead tip for time. Play it cool and, after a couple of visits and time spent with a particular girl, the chance to introduce the concept should open up.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Rick is definitely right. Low mileage clubs do not necessarily mean no OTC. In fact, I have had OTC pitched to me in every low mileage Alberta SC (but one); and much more frequently than in any high mileage club I visit (with the possible exception of H8S in Detroit). Things are a bit complicated in Alberta in that the dancer roster changes every week or two. In Alberta clubs you usually have to prime the girls for OTC by spending a buck or two on private dances. I have a tame waitress on my side in my usual hunting ground in Calgary so I don't have to waste time in the preliminaries of the hunt for OTC in that particular club.

Don't despair, Digitech, there is hope for you in your quest.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion