tuscl

OK this is a little weird but how much is an acceptable tip for this

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:45 AM
As much as I enjoy getting dances, I find it to be even more entertaining to sit down and have a few drinks with a stripper and talk. I do realize these girls do not work for free, how much is an acceptable tip to give to ask one of the strippers to sit for a while and have drinks?

27 comments

• GoVikings
    13 years ago
    haha, you aren't alone man. I also like to just sit and talk to them sometimes. I've never tipped them for it, but I have bought this one stripper named Germany a drink before. I've been to this club on multiple occasions and gotten dances from her a few times, so whenever I'm in there and she see's me, she always walks over and gives me a hug. One time, she came over and sat down and talked to me for at least 15 minutes or so. Believe it or not, it was almost as enjoyable as getting a dance. Just looking at her (and how gorgeous she is) and carrying on a conversation was a lot of fun.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    i agree.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    $0
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I don't tip dancers for talking with me, but I buy them drinks. Then if I like their boobs, I take them to VIP.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Interesting question and I bet each of us has basically a different answer. Myself, so much depends on the dancer. Most I just try to get them to leave me alone. When the Catalina's (you know who, vm)of the world stop by, I offer a drink and take it from there. If I decide to VIP, well they make their money that way. If I don't VIP, they just get their cut of the drink price or sometimes I give them a few dollars (less than $5) as they wonder off.
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    If I would take them back for a dance but I'm just not in the mood (normally because the VIP drained me) I'll usually give them a 5 for their time.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    At most local clubs, engaging in long conversations will be expensive. Dancer drinks are $20+, and even if they wanted to, the girls wouldn't be allowed to spend more than 10 or 15 minutes per drink. I'll sometimes buy one, but I'll also usually make it clear that barring extraordinary circumstances, it's probably going to be the *only* one. Most of the wait staff are annoying pests about hitting you up for drinks, too.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    It depends on the siuation. If you are not going to do dances or a VIP, then if she sits with you for a long time IMO you should give her something. I usually use a $20 if she sits for a long time. If you don't want to give her anything then you should tell her early on so that she can move to her next prospect. If you burn a lot of her time and give her nothing, she may burn you with other girls or the other girls may otherwise take note. Net-net, burning a lot of a girl's time for $0 will quickly make you a leper. Just my two cents.
  • mikeya02
    13 years ago
    I agree with Rick. If you're the only guy in the club,then tipping isnt neccessary, but if its busy and she says she needs to work, buy her some dances or tip for her to hang out with you.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    At most local clubs, engaging in long conversations will be expensive. Dancer drinks are $20+, and even if they wanted to, the girls wouldn't be allowed to spend more than 10 or 15 minutes per drink. I'll sometimes buy one, but I'll also usually make it clear that barring extraordinary circumstances, it's probably going to be the *only* one. Most of the wait staff are annoying pests about hitting you up for drinks, too. I've pissed them off a number of times by asking if they really thought I'd changed my mind in the last 30 seconds.
  • skibum609
    13 years ago
    Where I go dancer's drinks cost the same as the customers. It all depends on the experience. Sit for an hour; buy her a few drinks; some sweet 2-way contact and tipping $ 30 - $40 is appropriate.
  • DoctorDarby
    13 years ago
    In a club where there is not pressure to buy overpriced drinks for dancers, buying them a drink and/or a shot from the shot girl is a nice way to thank them for their conversation, particularly if you are not going to get at least one dance. If you ASK them to just sit and talk and the conversation lasts for more than 15-20 minutes, you should probably tip them the minimum charge for a dance. If they plop down and spend that time talking on their own, a drink, shot, dance, or nothing at all should be adequate compensation for the chat time THEY chose to spend with you.
  • pjsands
    13 years ago
    If its over a couple minutes, ill usually just buy a dance since they took the time to get to know me. If they are not my type, ill just say I'm waiting for someone. It's true, I am waiting for someone, not sure who, but I know it's not her.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    pj- that is cruel. man do i have a story about that!
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    I like to sit and talk too. If I like them I'll buy a dance. I won't go to places that have overpriced dancer drinks. At Palms in Signal Hill or the Venetian in Anaheim the girls often hint that they'd like a drink. They may be pushing drinks for the club (which are normal priced) but they so sit and drink, and often beer or wine (not mixed drinks which may be fake). This seems normal enough, and if I like the girl I'll buy a dance. Like anywhere else there are people that I hit it off with. I have a couple of stripper buddies who stick around all night because they seem to enjoy my company. They're free to leave, and do, to work the room when new customers come in, but come back to pass the time when they're not busy. Tip a girl for her time? No way. If it's not for real then it's part of her sales process, and if she's not selling quick enough she should just move on. If she doesn't get the hint and leave, I will. Clubs with trolls that glom on to customers, lose customers.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    You should do the following equation, take the price per the number of drinks and multiply by 2 then add 20% gratuity then take the strippers hourly champagne court rate and divide by 8 then you should take a phone book and smack yourself silly.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    It's actually not weird, it's a really good question. It's one of the only things in the strip club that there isn't really an obvious protocol for. For me, I never give them cash for their "time" sitting. It's really awkward, like saying "I don't want a dance because I don't find you attractive, but here's $5 for your personality." I just buy em a drink. If they want to hang around after that, that's fine. If I plan on getting a dance, I tell them early, if I don't, and they can't take a hint, that's their problem. All that being said, I like gators formula.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    i didn't understand gator's formula. you guys forget i am the youngest guy in this forum
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    I don't necessarily tip them for their time although I have slipped them a 20 for this simply bc the mileage was good. Once you get a coupla drinks in them watch the mileage improve.
  • curiousgeorgefun
    13 years ago
    ive actually had dancers tell me not to buy them drinks... just tip them. If the dancers are not aloud to drink alcohol... buy them a redbull and you a shot of vodka... ask the dancer to drink about a shot of redbull and and you can... pour the shot in the can (make sure she can see you, but not bouncer/dj/door guy etc...) loosens them up a little
  • dw.buck
    13 years ago
    normally tip em on stage then they come and talk to me so i paid in advance, i have had several strippers come by sit and talk and i might drop a buck or two on their gstring as i feel em up
  • manuela
    13 years ago
    Never enough !? ;-) xxx manuela
  • gk
    13 years ago
    You don't have to tip them if you're buying them a drink(s). Try to find the dancers who want to have a conversation and spend time with them. They are the ones looking for some diversion from the craziness around them. They're not hard to find. The problem with that is--giving up being part of the craziness. As Rick says, if it's a slow day or you are the only one in the club, no, you don't have to tip them. But if you spend say half the shift or longer with someone, common courtesy might dictate that you give her something because she hasn't made any money.
  • quicknight
    13 years ago
    i have dreds and the girls like to come over and play with my hair. if she's hot, i don't mind, but i've occasionally told some of the ugly ones that they would have to time ME if they wanted to touch them. i tried this with a fat chick at the bar once and she touched them anyways! she must've really wanted me to fuck her--lol. but i usually do give them a dollar or two just for coming by if the club is crowded...
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    I would never pay for a dancer to sit with me... that seems to border on pathetic. If there's a girl that I want to get to know, I will ask her to sit down and buy her a drink. If she won't do that, then I will ask her to come back when I'm ready for a dance. However, if she's not interested enough to sit with me for a free drink, than I am certainly looking elsewhere for my entertainment. I WILL make an arrangement with a girl to spend the rest of her shift with me, which is KINDA like what you are asking, but the amount then is for ALL of her time (less when she must go on stage, or take a "potty break" - which in some cases is probably a "weed break") and unlimited dances. Usually, my favs will do this for $250 - $300, which sounds like a lot, but if I have 30-40 dances throughout the shift, it's a bargain. Its also a plus for her 'cause she no longer has to hustle to make money and can relax and enjoy the company of a nice guy (moi).
  • DoctorDarby
    13 years ago
    Kingcripple: You can simplify Gator's formula by skipping the math parts and going straight to the self abuse. Further clarity might be forthcoming if this act if performed in a public place, preferably without pants.
  • ilbbaicnl
    13 years ago
    Well, one way to handle it is, when she starts saying her goodbyes, pass her a $5 or a $10 and ask her if she can chat with you a little longer. Keep doing that until you run out of money or get bored. If she's ordering drinks that cost more than $8-10, very likely she's getting a commission also. If you go at a slow time, I bet a lot of the girls would be happy to chat for a half hour for the cost of 5 table dances.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion