tuscl

Quick opinion-related question for avid clubgoers

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 3:29 PM
Aside from dancer quality and a club's level of, well, niceness, does the clientele have an effect on your experience? This could mean the amount of guests, their behavior, etc. Do you feel that dress codes are put in place for the "safety" of the girls or more so to create a certain ambiance for customers?

36 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Dress codes are in effect to counter the THUG factor. I do not feel comfortable in a club with a high amount of low life lookers.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Both, bmoreshowgirl. I'm with shadowcat, I won't return to a club with a bunch of thuggish customers.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Dittos here, although, I did bend the rules a couple of times since I went with vm. :)
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    I'm a lot more concerned about how customers act than how they dress.
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    At one of the clubs I visit, customers cannot wear "colors" (gang colors), hoodies, or caps/hats of any kind. I think it's to reduce the thug-factor, thereby reducing any alienation/discomfort other customers may feel, hiding places for weapons, and any potential violence that might come from gang affiliation.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Clubs with dress codes tend to have better looking dancers.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Give me the sleaziest clubs with thugs and Latin immigrants as their primary customers and I will have a good time. Hell, I often go into those club in my best suits. From there the question is not if I'm going to get laid, but simply how much it will cost me. I was just in that type of club the other night. Most of the customers couldn't speak English, and that included both the foreign born and domestically raised customers. Hell, neither could the girl that I went back with, but I really didn't care as no words were needed. Cheap booze, cheap women, disgusting bathrooms, seedy environment - what's not to like? ;)
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Rick: Have I got a place for *you*. Read the one and only review of the Body Shop in Louisville. :)
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    lol gmd - the place sounded perfect, including a couple of diamonds in the rough. Now the odd looking girl seemed like she could have had some real potential. ;)
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Does the club look like a place where a fight might break out? Or a shooting? Do people who might do such things dress a certain way to provoke or make manhood challenges? Will a thug challenge you for buying a dance from "his woman?" Is anyone packing a piece? Is a dress code racist? Upscale is the only way.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Clubber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And which club was that???? LMAO
  • inno123
    14 years ago
    Hey, and if you find being in a large room with thuggish characters to be intimidating, put yourself in the platform heels of a petite girl who has to go into a booth an get completely naked with them!
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    I like the dive bars, and the customers tend toward thuggish at times. Hell, the girls run toward thuggish. In about ten years of dive bar spelunking I have witnessed a few customers being dragged out. They were all drunk white guys. I have been in clubs that were 95% black (Irvington, NJ)and predominantly Latino (Nogales, Mexico) and have never been hassled. However, I tend to avoid the Friday and Saturday night scenes. The young, dumb, and full of cum crowd is out and about then, and the risk level rises.
  • metaldude
    14 years ago
    To address the other part of the question. Quantity of customers certainly has an effect. Too many and, while it makes for a party atmosphere, if there aren't enough girls to go around you are generally shit out of luck if you aren't a regular. Too few and in some clubs the girls just get depressed and go hide in the dressing room. In others it can make them very agressive physically, always a good thing. My favorite is a medium to light crowd.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Within a wide range of reason, club clientele has little effect on my club enjoyment. I don't enjoy the SRO kind of nights as much, so crowd level has an effect, as does the type of crowd (oh, sh^# , not another bachelor party). I generally try to be outta there by 1030p on those nights. As for dress codes- I don't find stripclubs to be as anal/dickheadish about dress codes as some regular nightclubs are. I've been turned away from those for wearing running shoes, or a plain leather jacket( no patches, or insignia on it).
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I don't pay too much attention to the other guys in a strip club. I don't care what they are wearing. I have noticed the dress codes in columbus are typically racist and will usually target young black men. I have never seen white or older people held up at the door because of a stupid dress code violation. I have also never seen a manager refuse entry to a patron violating the dress code, usually just a hold up and then a manager comes over and approves him but lets him know for next time.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    "Cheap booze, cheap women, disgusting bathrooms, seedy environment - what's not to like? ;)" Rick, Henry's North in Inkster, MI, awaits your arrival!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    rick: The place is a dive, even by my standards, but you're right in your estimation that the odd girl was at least interesting. I've contemplated going back, just to see if she's still there, but I just haven't gotten over the stench of the restroom.
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    as far as the customers hell yes they matter. i dont want to be there with a large group of young dumb thugs. a few in a crowd of many isnt too bad but too many in different groups cause problems.i like Ricck like some seedy clubs at times to have fun. at times with all the thugs in there the girls like to come over and sit with people like me so not to be bothered. dress codes are for everyones safety but i hate the clubs that say jeans only- kinda irritating when getting grinded on
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    vm, Somewhere near Catalina, and I don't mean the island. :)
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I'm in a SC to enjoy the ladies. I rarely even look at any of the other customers. I visit both dives & "upscale" clubs. As a solo woman, I've never been hassled by anyone at any time.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    Ditto comments on the thug factor but the white trash factor is just as important. Few of these guys have money to spend anyway. At least that's what I hear from the girls.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    As long as I feel relatively safe in a club and the customers aren't going to break into a fight, I don't care too much what they are wearing. Of course they should all have pants or shorts on, I don't care for the baggy pants hanging below the waist look.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    I do enjoy it when hot female customers have their shirt unbuttoned enough to see their nipples from the side if you happen to be sitting in the right spot. That was sexy and I'm not even sure if she realized what she was showing.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    lopaw, i know of at least one local club that won't admit women unless they have a man with them thinking that solo women might be there as competition for the dancer's money. did you ever experience anything like that?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    troop, On that note, I have been in clubs and approached by a hooker. That was quite a few years ago and not recently. I would imagine that clubs would frown on that practice and try to keep the hookers away.
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    Re: the single woman customer comments, I asked a favorite what would happen if a single woman came into the club. She said she would be watched extremely closely to make sure she wasn't a hooker trying to hit up the customers. If she were just another customer there to enjoy the ladies as lopaw is, then there would be no problem.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I can generally get along in any crowd...not sure why...upper crust to straight out street thugs. Probably my rugged good looks and charming personality. LOL Anyhow, I like hanging out in places that make me look good. Like Melon said, "if you want to look thin, hang out with fat people". I say, "If you want to look good, hang out in a place with lots of losers".
  • troop
    14 years ago
    yeah i've hung out in dives, ghetto clubs, and high class places but as i get older i have less tolerance for clubs full of gangsta thugs and normally avoid them now.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I have a led a life where I frequented many sketchy bars, clubs, taverns, etc. Even though I am now an old fart I am still willing to enter any establishment where I might expect to encounter hot babes, cheap booze, or rowdy conversation. Hot babes always take first position in ranking spots where I will drop a few coins.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    I like upscale clubs where the customers don't look like they might knife you. Once, when I was younger and dumber, I stopped at a club on my way home. I walked in wearing a suit and found that all the other patrons were bikers. The girls danced on the bar in front of you, and they pulled down their g-strings so you could put a dollar in. There was a pool table in the corner without any pool cues in sight. I asked the waitress about this, and she said they had removed the cues because guys used them as weapons when a fight broke out. I finished my beer and left before any trouble started.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    troop, I have never encountered that in all of the years I've been clubbing. I couldn't even imagine it happening. I think it might be a regional thing, and I have never run into it anywhere here where I club on the West coast (L.A.,SF, Vegas, etc.). Way back when, before my first time in a SC in Vegas, I had read somewhere that the clubs there required ladies to be accompanied my a man. But I was determined to go solo, and mentally prepared myself for a fight at the door. Turned out no fight was necessary. I got into every club by myself (and for those curious - no I most certainly do NOT look like a man!). On that trip I went a little nuts & visited OG, Deja Vu, Jaguars (at the time), & Cheetahs. I had a ball! Maybe since I didn't look like a hooker or an angry wife they didn't see any problem with me. Don't know. I suspect that even back then club were stopping that practice.
  • kingcripple
    14 years ago
    i always like to go during the afternoon/early evening when its not so crowded. what really freaks me out is these middle aged men who flirt with younger girls. makes my skin crawl and my stomach turn
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "what really freaks me out is these middle aged men who flirt with younger girls." Dude, who do you think keeps the clubs in business? The girls are the ones flirting with the older guys, cuz they have something the girls want - disposable income. Anyway, get back to us in 20 years, let us know what you think then, lol.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    steve, Ditto! I have never approached a dancer, other then by giving her a larger than normal tip on or after her stage set. Seems that THEY always are the ones that come to me. Make the 40 years. :)
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    nymphincola in his club review for my favorite club, blamed the older customers for giving the girls bad attitudes. I told him and now I am telling kingcripple. If you can't run with the old dogs, stay on the porch.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion