tuscl

Removing closed clubs

Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:42 AM
Recently I came acros one listing here for a club that no longer exists. Is there a process for removing them? I tried writing a review for the nonexistent club, but what is there to say that would meet minimum review length?

10 comments

• Clubber
    14 years ago
    Send a message to founder. He can fix anything!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I believe the "minimum review length" is a warning only, and won't actually prevent the review from being posted, eventually. You just won't get credit for it. FWIW, I think a note that a club is currently closed is often sufficient. I've seen a couple of clubs around here close down, and then open back up again a few months later, or even days if it's for something like a renovation. If it stays closed more than some period of time, it might be a candidate for removal.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I just had a closed club removed a couple of days ago. First, click through to the club's review page. Second, click Update Club Info. near the top of the screen. Third, in the notes section that is included on the club info page, simply write a note telling the editor that the club is closed.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    I passed on info about a closed club here in Vancouver. The club was removed from the list the next day. I don't know if founder checked or just accepted my word.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I noticed that the 24K Club in Atlanta had changed it's name to Bliss and notified Founder. It was changes immediately. If you do a search for the 24K club it still comes up but with the new name and the old name in parenthasies.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have done the update club details and mention that if they don't believe me they can try to call the club themselves.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    I found a few NOLA clubs on here were out of business so I just mentioned that in the Update Club Details link and they were promptly removed from TUSCL. Thank you to all the people on here who submit updates to the club review pages (ie changes in prices, hours, etc).
  • NascarFan1026
    14 years ago
    I found out a club was closing, the Loch Ness in Somerset, Wi. I wrote a review as I did make it there for the closing. It's sad to lose a club, I just hope that someone does remove it so that someone doesn't try going there, as it is kinda out in the boondox area! LOL
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Either using the "Update Club Details" link or just writing a short review (to say that you visited a club & found out that it was closed) works.
  • LeeH
    14 years ago
    Or write a review that says "This club is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very closed."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion