tuscl

TUSCL Top Ten Clubs List

I think the averages have been re-calculated once again, as I see The Cannonball Cabaret has appeared at #7. Having been to both The Cannonball and #6 The Sundowner, I can't help but think of an analogy of Jaws chasing down Bambi.

10 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    "I am long CAD, Aussie, and Kiwi against USD"

Art, are you saying we here in the states have the most incompetent central banker out of the group???
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    CTQ:

Cross trades in the forex market tell the brutal truth.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    just wondering do the Canada clubs accept USD as their normal currency?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    CTQ: Is there an intrusive janitor at Sundowner? I still giggle whenever I remember my encounter with the hapless janitor at Cannonball.
  • dv0564
    14 years ago
    Cannonball tends to be a little more "hands-on". Sundowner is more of a lap dance factory with bachelor party atmosphere. Extras seem to be the order of the day at cannonball, if that is what you are into. Both deserve high ratings, in my opinion. It's just that the dancers vary in the way they approach selling the fantasy. Many more beautiful dancers at Sundowner, but more intimate experiences available at cannonball.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    sam, I was waiting for art to reply. In my experience, Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto & Niagra Falls USD are generally accepted. BUT you will not get as good of an exchange rate as if you went to a Canadian bank. Same is true in Mexico.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I swapped out approximately $620 US dollars for Canadians (Loonies?) at the free duty shop at the border. That funded a visit to The Sundowner followed by Cannonball Cabaret, and a $4 glass of milk at "AlMacs" ripoff breakfast buffet ($6.95 for all you can eat ... just don't buy a beverage!)

I wonder how many Sundowner visitors realize the pool of gals who rotate stage duty is very small? Maybe 8 gals total? There are far more mercenaries running about hawking lap dances who never see the stage, and they weren't any better looking than the gals at The Cannonball. In fact, I think The Cannonball gals were better looking AND more available. PLUS, a higher top end in that extras are available.

Art: In my review of The Cannonball, I threw in a special mention about the janitor just for you! I will add though he must really suck at his job, because that bathroom is pretty awful in terms of cleanliness.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    sam;

You bring as many US$ to Canada as you wish. Any dancer in any SC in Canada would be delighted to relieve you of your entire stash. As I post this C$1 = US$.9938 in live spot trading. So in effect the two currencies are at par. No dancer is going to fuss with exchange. :)

In my managed futures account I am long CAD, Aussie, and Kiwi against USD and have been so for 6 months. I wish I had put on those positions 18 months ago.

Why can't I find a sharp stripper/investment counselor like Dick Johnson did? Did Dick pass on her name to any of you guys?

CTQ:

The C$1 coin is indeed called the loonie (bird on tails side of coin). The C$2 coin is called the toonie. A few years ago C$ was called the "Hudson Bay Peso". It is much more golden now.

If I was still in the oil business this would be the shits. It was so sweet to have a C$.72 when oil was trading at US$100.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Ben Bernanke doesn't publicly speak on THAT data...
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "just wondering do the Canada clubs accept USD as their normal currency?"

Not really...at best, you could expect them to take your U.S. money at face value & not give you any exchange rate, since private businesses aren't required to do so in Canada. When I frequent Canadian sites, I use Canadian money for drink, tip, and cover charges & whatever else I have on hand for LDs. Loonies are what the $1 coins are called in Canada.

"You bring as many US$ to Canada as you wish."

Actually, the limit, I think, is around $10,000 U.S. per short trip into Canada. It's a bad idea to lie to the border guards about the amount of money that you are carrying across the border.

There's actually a lot more that goes into monetary policy than who your central banker is, but that's a long story on its own.

What more than likely happened with a place like the Cannonball Cabaret was that they ended up recently with the required number of recent reviews (really reviewers) to be eligible for the Top 100 List. It happens...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion