tuscl

Why do some clubs let the bouncer keep up with the number of songs in VIP

Saturday, September 11, 2010 6:25 AM
I was out at one of my favorite clubs tonight. A new dancer asked me to get a dance from her in VIP. I normally don't care for 1st time dancers but she seemed eager to please me, asking me what things do I like in a lapdance. Well the new girl was a little too late in getting multiple lapdances from me because I had already had fun with 2 of my favs so I only asked for one. Well the dance that I got was really short. The song they played seemed barely 3minutes. So I in turn asked her would she give me at least 30seconds or so of the next song that started playing. She agreed and finish off the dance. Well after the dance was done I paid her the money for only 1 dance, which is the agreement we had. However, a little while later she comes to my table stating that the bouncer had put her down for 2dances. The clubs around where I live do not have security guys keeping up with the number of dances the girl is getting. I would have reluctantly given her the money for the 2nd dance but I intentionally left my ATM card @ home(spent way too much here some weeks ago). I didn't have enough cash on me to pay for the second dance so I just gave her the remaining cash I had left in my wallet. I think that it is shitty that the floorguy/bouncer dictates how many dances the girl has actually performed. Even if I had of had the money for the 2nd dance I would have felt like I got screwed out of my money because the 2nd dance was not a "full length" dance. Oh and please do not act like I am being cheap because I am not. This club has made good money off of me over the past 4 week

18 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Some clubs will take a percentage of the dancer's dance money after each dance of hers. For example, if a dancer sells you a lap dance for $30, she gets to keep $20 and has to pay $10 to the club. So if the club marked her down for 2 dances, she owes them $20 not just $10. She probably was happy with you giving her at least $10. Typically these kind of clubs are rip offs. I enjoy clubs like Living Room in dayton where the dancers don't have to pay a percentage, they just pay the club a flat fee of $35 and can set their own prices and terms with lap dances. Some clubs are such rip offs they will charge a house fee AND a percentage of dance money. I guess as a dancer, she might like paying out a percentage instead of a flat fee so on slow nights she does not lose money...but on busy nights she will end up paying out more to the club then if she just did a flat fee arrangement.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    She should know the rules and the way the money part of it works. I she knew that she might get nicked for an additional dance for her extra 30 seconds on you, she should have explained that to you before she started the 30 secs. Hopefully, she would have given you a 30 sec. dance at her cost. I have had that happen, and it's not usually worth the math. If she stopped after the short song, your only complain might be that the club cut the songs. A valid complaint, but a common practice among lower rated clubs.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    With a new club or new dancers, I usually count them out. After the first, I'll say something like, "Why not go for two?" I keep this count going, that way she know I know. Never have had a count go "wrong".
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Like samsung1 says, a lot of clubs do keep track as they get paid a cut of each dance a dancer does. It's unfortunate, but that's the price they pay for the "privilege" of working there.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    The club I go to most often in Calgary - $30 private dance per 5 min. Dancer gets $18, club $12. I know two other Alberta clubs where the fee is split 50-50.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I have no problem with the club keeping count as long as it is done fair and consistent. There is a big upside to letting a dancer you know do the count because she will try to under report how many. Now it is a big problem if a dancer trys to scam for more than what was done on her own.
  • dustyshoes
    14 years ago
    In the 2 clubs that I frequent, the dances are 25 and 20. The dancer has to give the house 5 and 3 respectively. If she knew how the house rules worked, she should have only charged you for the house share of the 30 sec. song, and you both would have left relatively happy.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    I thought the dancers just paid a set fee for their shift and then they kept everything the 'earned'?
  • Jpac73
    14 years ago
    I learned my lesson, just do not ask any one else for a few more seconds or minutes of a song at this club. I still enjoyed myself, not with her, but the other dancers before her who are veterans in the "game".
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    londonguy, that is the way a lot of clubs do it. Like Living Room in Dayton, but some clubs in areas like Columbus, OH will charge them a set fee AND take a percentage out of their earnings. This probably explains why the prices in Columbus are $30/song and most every where else in the country $20 in the normal price.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    So the girls do all the 'work' and the clubs take a cut, hell, that seems so wrong. As if they didn't make enough from entry fees and rip-off drinks prices! I suppose they take their 'cut' from VIP visits as well? Oh well, won't let this worry me too much next month :-)
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    at my favorite club, to get to the VIP rooms, you walk past a guy with a sheet of paper on a clipboard. the dancer will put you in the room, then go pick up her towel (for your lap) and mark the sheet to show she's going to start. if she gets in there during a song, she'll usually talk to you until the next break, then get going. the guy with the clipboard keeps track of the number of songs and she gets charged a fixed amount for each song (but gets a 'discount" if she can get more than two out of you). if the dancer you were dealing with was a first timer, she might not have been clear enough on the rules to know that she'd get nailed for the second song. a mistake on her part, but a situation where I can understand her asking you for a few more dollars. maybe mark it off to a cheap lesson in the economics of the average SC?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    londonguy: Girls generally keep every farthing of "extras" cash apart from stooge tipouts but I always help out with those if she was an exemplary performer.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    lg: It's one of the points I make when trying to negotiate OTC. It's more profitable for her, she gets to keep every "farthing" of what I give her, no tip outs, house fees, or anything. I'll even spring for the beverage of choice. And it usually works out as cheaper for me as well, in absolute terms. It's *always* cheaper per hour.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    You have a good point gmd, so my OTC offers of previous years were actually better than I had thought. I will bear this in mind next month. Thanks farmerart.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    But always blow your load at the end of a song.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    Never had to deal with that crap here in Houston. What a piss off having a damn Bouncer keep count of your action like that.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "So the girls do all the 'work' and the clubs take a cut, hell, that seems so wrong." Yup. "I suppose they take their 'cut' from VIP visits as well?" Usually.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion