tuscl

Slip-ups

For those that have to keep their clubbing quiet, have you ever slipped up and made a strip club reference in regular conversation?

I almost did the other day at work. Someone was talking about a tower style fan they wanted to get, and asked if I knew what they meant. I said, “Oh, sure,” then stopped myself in mid-sentence when I realized I was about to blurt out “they have one in the lap dance room at the club.”

16 comments

• gatorfan
    14 years ago
    No
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i pretty much have no problem discussing my stripper hobby with people. there are only a couple exceptions but other than that it's not like i'm ashamed of it.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    So Smokey, did you momentarily envision that older guy at the bar as just another PL, thus your automatic slide into SC speak?? I don't know your stage name, but if it is something like Diamond, Luscious, Bubbles or Jiggles, I can imagine the recovery being hilarious.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    smokey - you been working out?
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Not my slip up-twenty some years ago, when I was in the military, I was a well known person in my regiment. Fast forward to the late 1990's. In what is only coincidence, I run into a guy from my regiment no less than three times at a strip club I was going to.

Then, my unit decides to hold a reunion. This idiot comes to the reunion. When he spots me there, he starts calling me from across the room. Before I could escape him, he announces to everyone that he and I had been strip clubbing quite a bit.

I really didn't want that announced as some of those guys move in the same circles as ex GF's of mine. I'm sure they appreciated the intel that I was strip clubbing.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    If it's just one of the guys who may occasionally visit strip clubs themselves, I don't mind talking about it. However I do not talk about strip clubs around most females especially since this is a work environment I'm talking about. I do not want to talk about it to anyone in management unless they bring it up first and we are alone. There are strict rules about harassment policies in many work places so that is something I just don't talk about at work hardly ever. However one of the guys that may visit strip clubs too occasionally mentions something when no one else is around.

I believe certain females would not approve and it could lead to a discussion that would be against company policy so I do keep quiet. I do remember at one job, a girl who worked in the factory actually asked me if I thought she would be a good dancer saying she was thinking about dancing. I was surprised to be asked such a question from someone I did not know. She asked me when no one else was around to hear. It's hard to keep secrets in some places. She knew I was visiting clubs and I never even talked to her before. That was a small company and rules were more lax. One girl on one day was even openly flirting with me and asked to do a one night stand at a local hotel. That was kind of awkward for me to answer since I did not know much about her or if she was even married or not. Then to ask me in front of co-workers? I left things kind of vague.
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    My contribution to this discussion is a bit different. I don't have to keep my activities quiet since I am retired and have no family that would be offended by my behavior. But occasionally I should be more circumspect. After a recent meeting with my Toronto money managers I was treated to a fine meal at an upscale restaurant that included several bottles of Bordeaux. As the meal ended I announced to the other four guys at the table that I was going to a lap dance club and invited them to accompany me on my dime. The youngest of them had a gleam in his eye but said nothing. The other three looked at me like I had just shit on the table in front of them. They politely declined my invitation and left the table. I fear I will have some pretty thick ice to break with those boys at next year's meeting!!!
    The younger guy whispered to me as he left "Tell me all about it some time."
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "my stage name resembles a place you could visit,"

So, could it be a

City (foreign) – Paris, London, Milan?

City (domestic) - Dallas, Madison, Savannah, Cheyenne?

State – Montana, Jersey, Cali?

Am I getting warm?
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Steve, think of all the lap dance money you could win on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader"!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    steve,

Since smokey was basically addressing men, maybe her name is John.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Steve,
    I remember you also mentioned a stripper who almost slipped up at a bar when they played the Girls Girls Girls song because that is the 2fer1 song at her club lol
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Smokey, I was referring to all the geography Steve has learned courtesy of his trips to the club(s), er 'study centers'. ;)
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Ironically, my workplace is the one place where I freely discuss my "hobby" with my male coworkers. They will occasionally join me in my exploits, and it always makes for interesting water-cooler talk the following day.

At home or out with my female friends the subject is a complete no-no, and I try like hell not to slip up.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I used to talk about strip clubs all the time at work. That was how I discovered one of the ladies I work with used to be a stripper, one time when I wasn't paying attention to the fact ladies were around. I used to talk about her time as a stripper with her, but now it's basically our little secret. Nowadays, I don't even bother for the most part unless it's the other ex-stripper at work. There's only a couple people I ever associate with outside work and neither has much of an interest in titty bars.

Away from work, easily the most embarrassing thing I ever said was the time one of my work buddies and I went to a bar I previously never went to, one with chairs similar to my favorite strip club's chairs. I asked the bartender if they got their chairs from the titty bar. I think she wanted to kick my ass for that.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "all the geography Steve has learned courtesy of his trips to the club"

lol, CT, just last night I was learning all about Central America.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Damn! Here I just dug this stuff up on South America, I come back, and it's Central America you'd mentioned. Oh, well. Enjoy Lake Titicaca anyways...

"Lake Titicaca is a lake located on the border of Peru and Bolivia. It sits 3,811 m (12,500 ft) above sea level, making it the highest commercially navigable lake in the world." [Fyi, it's so high because it's located amongst the Andes mountains.]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Titica…

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion