tuscl

About Drinks.....

Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:32 PM
Of late, there have been some threads talking about the drinks at a club and buying a drink at a club is like buying food/drinks at the theater (theater stays open because of food/drink revenue,nothing else). With that said, I'm a tetotaler. I have an allergy to ethyl alcohol, and actually, I don't like the taste-mainly because I have hyperlexia (elevated senses). My sense of taste, smell, and touch, are way above that of most people. I prefer my food bland, and when I was a chef I used to win contests because I could tell the difference between nutmeg and allspice. Anyway, When I go into a club, I'll order a soda, or a bottle of water. It's rare that I'll get a second. Not because I'm a cheapskate, but the combination of liquid refreshment + air conditioning on full blast = many trips to the bathroom. So, yeah, I'm cheap to the club, but when I find the dancer I like, I'll spend at least 200 on her. Since she's having to pay tip out + locker fee, I'm not hurting anyone.

19 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also another place with expensive drinks is amusement parks. Ohio is home to two popular amusement parks, Kings Island(Cincinnati) and Cedar Point (Sandusky - between Toledo and Cleveland). The dancer drinks at a low mileage places is what bothers me the most. How stupid is it to pay $20 for a "conversation" with a dancer. Some places it is not even a conversation just a "thank you" and they move on to the next sucker. Whispers cabaret is the place that comes to mind and it did not surprise me when it went out of business 5 months after opening.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Around here, the drinks can be a little more. There's often some touching and manipulation of various things. Of course, it's mostly an attempt to sell more drinks, dances and/or VIP. For me, it's often a conversation about where, when, what, and how much for some OTC.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I do buy drinks for dancers, but I usually just go up to the bar and order. That way they don't know I'm buying for a girl.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    One beer is fine with me, I like my Miller Light, if forced to buy another one by the club, I may buy it, or leave. It depends on the club and the dancers working that shift.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    At my favorite club, dancer drinks are the same price as customer drinks. I am a recovering alcoholic and stick with cokes. I do buy the girls drinks gridget does not drink alcohol either and will go to the bar to get her own cokes. Dancers get them for a $1.00 tip. last Tuesday night "Sassy" handed me $6.00 and asked me to get her a drink from the bar. I thought that a bit odd but did it. I found out later that she is not allowed to drink at the club. They have had to physically carry her out too many times. At least I know that the club is NOT pushing high priced dancer drinks.
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    Potheadpl - if you buy a drink for a dancer, and management doesn't know you are buying it for a dancer, then she doesn't get any credit for that. Is she OK with that? If the answer is NO ya shouldn't do it. If the answer is YES, then why would there be any difference in price. In the two clubs I frequent there is no difference in drink price whether it is for dancer of customer. What I have noticed however is that the dancer usually likes the $5 or $6 "fancy drink", not the $3 glass of beer
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Then why not buy the drink for management or why doesn't management buy you a drink?
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Getting fairly, but not sloppy, drunk while enjoying naked ladies is one of my greatest treats. Getting a dancer drunk with me is even more fun. And my absolute best nights have been when the dancer and I BOTH get drunk and the situation converts into p4p OTC. I also prefer to work my game from the bar rather than a table or stageside. I tip by bartenders very generously, having learned from experience over the years that they can be very helpful in certain matters if you treat them well. Just my thing and I'm not suggesting it for anyone else, but there it is.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    arebeeguy---when I tell the girl she can either have me buy her the drink at the regular price or not get a drink at all, she opts for the drink. $5 or $6 "fancy drink"? Where are you living? Try $12 Vodka and Red Bull. Here it's $5 for a can of Red Bull. $4.50 for a Coke.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    This thread reminds me, how much fun are BYOB clubs? I always thought it was be a lot of fun to go to a club and be able to watch naked strippers and drink strong dark beer, French wine, single malt scotch, or cognac. A friend and I were considering doing this a while back but never got around to it.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Snake, when I travel to places that have byob nude it is always my first choice. To me nothing beats a good bottle of Jack or Crowne and naked women, especially when you can share that booze WITH those women.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Here in Columbus the nude byob strip clubs are strict about it being BYOB = Bring your own BEER...this means no liquor or wine. Not even allowed to bring soft drinks or water bottles since the club can sell these to you.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Not to mention some of the BYOB clubs won't even allow you to bring your own ice, you MUST buy it from them. Even if you do bring your own ice you are still charged a fee for it. Not to mention the byob places always have the higher cover charges here in Columbus. Vanity cover charge after 2:30am on Fri/Sat is $25 and it does not usually have any more than 10 dancers.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    What do you need ice for?
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    The bartenders at the clubs I visit are extremely attentive about making sure you have one at all times. While most look pretty good, sometimes the waitresses have the better personalities and will spend some time with you if the club isn't too busy. At one club I frequent, one of the waitresses is the best looking girl there, and has a terrific personality to boot. Anyone had any luck otc with a hot waitress/bartender?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The ice to keep the beer cold. It is like those small buckets of ice like they have at hotels. Except the hotel usually lets you use it for free and the byob ndue clubs will charge for it.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Rickdugan, you've summed up the core fun of strip clubs. Sitting at the bar, flirting/playing and getting buzzed with a semi-naked girl who is just waiting to get more naked with you and maybe meet you later. While I try to be careful about not drinking too much, it's the whole thing that makes up the fun. Just coming in and nursing a beer and getting a quick lap dance just doesn't do it for me, unless I'm pressed for time. Do I vary from this, sure, but getting back to core values is always the best fun.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    They don't have coolers behind the bar to keep the beer cold? What kind of club charges for ice? This is more like how airlines nickel and diming customers, what next charge you for napkins or per flush at the urinal
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    "per flush at the urinal" several strip clubs around here have a bathroom attendant who expects a $1 tip every time you come in. These same strip clubs are also the ones who have signs posted to "Please tip the door girl" at the entrance and the door girl will remind you and ask you for a tip. I don't mind tipping if she talks to me but if all she does is say "it is $10 cover tonight" then I don't see the reason to tip her. Bad customer service in my opinion but the strip clubs justify it with their twisted thinking as "if you are too cheap to tip the door girl and bathroom troll then you are too cheap to be here". Whatever, I just take my money elsewhere to a classier strip club. I spend plenty on LDs and don't need some punks running a strip club to tell me how to spend it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion