tuscl

Are there any clubs that are just dancing anymore?

Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:14 PM
Are there any clubs in the US that are stage work only? Is everyone basically looking for sex or do any of you actually enjoy the good ol' tease, fantastic pole work and a fun personality? Please advise. Thanks

26 comments

• LeeH
    14 years ago
    There *are* no-contact clubs here and there. One here in Atlanta -- Boomers. The overall dancing quality is better there than at other clubs, but there *are* dancers at Boomers that are just as clueless about dancing as those in other clubs (i.e. as erotic as your granny's girdle). On the flip side, there are some dancers there that do fantastic pole work or just dance so damn seductively that they can nearly make you, er um, "arrive" just by watching them.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    If I JUST want to see dancing, I'll go to the ballet or watch "Grease" or "All That Jazz". I go to Strip Clubs for a "Closer" experience!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I saw one on Bourbon St in New Orleans back in the 60's.
  • bhunter5252
    14 years ago
    All the clubs in washington d.c. are no contact but most of the on stage activity falls short of dancing.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    When I first saw that original post I thought I was reading Hindu or some long dead Aramaic language. Then I cracked open my "Dancer Speak for Dummies" book and it all becamse clear :) DC indeed which does not allow lap/table dances. Eastrn MA is a close second, with no contact laws in full force. Of course, DC and MA are both full nude, but you may rest assured that the kitties on display remain unsullied by uncouth patrons, at least ITC ;)
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    Ballet Alucard?? lol...can't imagine any TUSCL member going to see ballet.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    What the heck, londonguy, we should all dress in tutus and go as a group and grope the dancers.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    I still enjoy sitting at the stage, watching the show and tipping. I've had fun nights at clubs without getting lap dances, but that's not the norm.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    Captain's Cabaret in Lake Forest, CA is pretty stage-oriented. They do have couch dances but they're in the open with no touching. It still seems popular - every time I've been, there were more patrons than most other clubs. In general the women are better looking than most other clubs, with better "dancing," although I use that term loosely. Cheetah's in Hollywood seems more stage-oriented too. Then there's Dumbo's Clown Room...
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Today's strippers are not, in any way, dancers. They cannot dance and have no sense of tease. Walking, jiggling and bouncing around the stage and sliding down a pole is all they can manage. Usually boring stuff. The real money and action is in lappers.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Joie: "Is everyone basically looking for sex or do any of you actually enjoy the good ol' tease, fantastic pole work and a fun personality? " Just looking for sex.
  • spudd
    14 years ago
    Reminds of the movie "Let it Ride", about horse racing. The wife was lamenting on her husband's excessive betting. She asked, "Why can't you guys just watch the horses race for fun?" The whole room laughed.
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    I not looking for sex when I go into a strip club, however I do go into the club with the expectation of getting some heavy grinding, breasts in my face, making me want blow my load lap dances.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    "....do any of you actually enjoy the good ol' tease, fantastic pole work and a fun personality?" I suppose I'd have to visit a strip club museum to see that kind of stuff.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I long thought the clubs here in Omaha and Council Bluffs were purely dancing, but the last two different clubs I went to here, one had private dances and the other table dances. I don't know about the other clubs in Omaha and Council Bluffs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Of course, I don't actually consider those clubs worth going to on a general basis, because they're bikini/pastie bars. I thought the Lincoln clubs were similar, but they've added private and table dances as well. I don't have any familiarity with any club which doesn't have some sort of 1-on-1 dance experience available.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    As noted, DC (for nude stage dancing) plus still some traditional stage dance only pastie titty bars in Northern Virginia. Compared to Baltimore clubs, however, a visit to those clubs can seem rather anticlimactic.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Louisville still has some clubs where you can't get squat. (OK, *I* can't get squat.) Little to no contact lappers are still available, though.
  • how
    14 years ago
    I have no interest in being teased.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Strippers need to be careful not to confuse what they think they would like as customers onto customers. Part of the thing is that strippers are female so they like teasing, costumes, pole work and all that and so tend to imagine customers do as well. The other part of the problem is that, for more or less obvious reasons, strippers would prefer to make big bucks for doing all that rather than fucking your typical customer. Unfortunately, for the strippers, most of us guys are rather simplistic and would rather dispense with all the non-sense and get straight to the sex. Especially at the rates strippers think they can charge. Strippers need to be careful not think their ideal world, i.e. idiot customers pay $1000/hr just to look at a pretty girl and be delighted by her dazzling personality, has anything to do with reality.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I think Washington D.C. has clubs without lap dances.
  • ArtCollege
    14 years ago
    Most Portland (OR) clubs are dance only, and lots and lots of clubs with booze. Boise has just a few clubs, and mileage is approximately zero. Just search for lowest mileage clubs.
  • scatterbrain
    14 years ago
    Try Salt Lake City...one of the most boring Strip Club towns in the US.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    From a flight attendant T-shirt: "Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you may be in Utah". Been there!!!
  • Cheo_D
    14 years ago
    As mentioned, if you're within the borders of Washington, DC, there is no lap dancing or touching. She may later sit next to you at the table (fully dressed) to chat and share drinks but otherwise it's stage only (full nude and full bar, FWIW). Look at it from the positive side: you will NOT be out a car payment for a couple of hours!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Eastrn MA is a close second, with no contact laws in full force" ...most of the time. I dunno that I've ever been to a strip club that just had stage dancing & no LDs or at least table dances available.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion