tuscl

Price war?

Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:22 PM
Are you noticing a SC price war? There's a lot of buzz about a few clubs in southern CA that could be considered "value" players, and I just noticed another one basically matching prices with two others. I'll let y'all name names if you want to -- my point was the overall price war. Have you noticed it? How about in other parts of the country?

28 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Not here in Louisville as of yet, at least not with regard to the clubs themselves. The girls who are engaged in extracurricular activities, on the other hand, seem willing to dicker a little more than they used to.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    no price war around northeast ohio either. maybe there should be though, all of northern ohio has been hit pretty hard by the recession.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Standard lap dance price here in Columbus, OH is $30-35 with occasional 2fer1. Club X is the highest ranked club in Columbus and they do allow you to do a 2fer1 whenever even when the DJ does not announce it (kind of an unwritten rule and most girls are good for it) There are some dives in town with $20 lap dance prices, like Private Dancer, but the reviews for these places suck and I have been to several myself and agree with the negative reviews.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The price wars suck so much here in Columbus that most dancers won't even bother doing the $10-12 table dances. They say it is not worth their time or they want other customers watching.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    No price war it must be a Cali thing.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    yeah....one of my fave "upscale" clubs near LAX has started offering 2fer1's all day, everyday. They also recently added nude dances instead of just topless. Nice.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Definitely not in Houston. The main challenge here is the food. The food in the clubs is actually very good, but vastly under rated because guys don't go for the food. Back in the mid 90's, when St. James had trailers in back for extras, I was going for the food, when I found out that there was more on the menu than steak and chicken. I didn't partake and stopped going because a family friend advised me that a vice operation was ongoing. The trailers were eventually moved, just months before the place was burned to the ground. My fire department responded in mutual aid and I worked the fire for six hours (St. James was rebuilt).
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    I hate that the dances here in cbus are so expensive when I hear so much about the $20 dances in canada. I wish they'd just legalize the sex trade so the things I like would be cheaper!
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    In Phoenix, Candy Store was the last to offer $5 dances on the floor. A few years ago, they upped them to $10, in line with the other clubs. Recently, back to $5. At Centerfolds last weekend, there was a $5/dance special for a few songs -- something I had never experienced there.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Dayton clubs seem to have competition between themselves. Cheeks and Living Room are now both open until 4AM on Friday and Saturdays. No Columbus club stays open this late unless it is a BYOB club. Also I wanted to agree with prim0 that the competition in Columbus has sucked. For example, Kahoots started to comp the first round of drinks for free in their $200/30 min VIP. Then a couple months later they increase the price to $250/30 min to justify this. $50 for 2 free drinks? I don't think so.... The new club that came to town (Whispers) tried to compete with prices (2 for $20) but the mileage and privacy sucked so much I would not pay even $1 for those stupid dances. Needless to say the club is now out of business.
  • texastraveller
    14 years ago
    Price wars only happen in cities where you have atleast 8 different sc owners who dislike each other. In my area, we have 6, but half is own by the same guys. Beers are still $7-8, covers are still $15-$25 and your standard dance is still $20.
  • studman17
    14 years ago
    Hey Iopaw, would that club be Bare Elegance? I've been meaning to go back for a while but I hated their weird pricing and the fact that you had to pay at the bar. Made it very awkward post dance
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    No price wars here in Detroit, unless you count them raising prices. That's all we need, ripoff owners.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Yes indeed, studman - it is Bare Elegance. Their prices are still weird (now that there are nude dances, you'll need a friggin crib sheet to keep track of the prices). And you still pay @ the bar afterwards. I gotta say, that if it weren't for the 2fer1's, I probably would have stopped going there. $41 for a nightshift topless dance ($51 for nude) is WAY too rich for my blood. The 2fer1's make it alot more palatable.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1, I wonder when "Dayton" changed? Last I recall (about 2000), closing time was always 2AM. There used to be a place (not a SC) out on 48 somewhere around Kettering called "The Underground". At 2AM the placed closed to the public, but employees from other clubs in the area came by to party. I was known as "Miami" there, even though not a local, and got to stay for that. ALWAYS a good time! This was back about 35 years ago, however.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Clubber, I don't know when it changed. I made a mistake in my posting though, it is only Cheeks that stays open until 4am on friday/saturday, NOT living room. Maybe Cheeks can get away with it because they are not in the city of Dayton, they are in the suburb West Carrolton. However, what is unique about The Living Room is a place that serves alcohol and offers both topless ($20) and nude ($40) dance options. I have always thought it was illegal to serve alcohol and be full nude in Ohio. They advertise as having "all bottled beers", not sure if this is how they get around the rule or not...
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I also just looked at the ad for Cheeks in Ohio Night Vision magazine and it does say "Now open 'til 4AM Fri & Sat" so it must be a pretty new thing.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1, I thought that Cheeks was in Miamisburg.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    No Miamisburg is very close to West Carrolton and has a lot of hotels though.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1, Not that it matters, but looking at the maps, it looks like a "finger" of Dayton actually extends down between West Carrolton and Miamisburg where Cheeks is located. What matters, is, that is one of the best clubs in the area, or at least it was.
  • studman17
    14 years ago
    I know what you mean Iopaw. I haven't been there in a year even though it's 10 minutes from home. I'd rather make the drive to COI (hour and a half round trip) since there's not only more mileage but the prices are also in simple $10s or $20s.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "I hate that the dances here in cbus are so expensive when I hear so much about the $20 dances in canada." Sometimes it's more like $10-15/LD in Canada.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Oh, and this is quite the "subtle" ad for Bare Elegance: [view link] LOL...
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I recently visited a place in Ohio called Fantasyland West. Couch dances were only $5.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    ss1: But were the dances *worth* $5?
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i've thought of taking the drive to fw west, so what do the girls look like there? i would most likely try to hit it in the late afternoon or early evening if i decide to go.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    gmd, yes I think so. Some of the $5 dances were better than the $30 VIP dances I have got at Columbus strip clubs. Although on average the VIP dances are more fun. But for "lower priced" dances these $5 dances were much better than the $10 table dances at Club X and the $12 table dances at Cols Gold. Not to mention this club was outside of columbus so I did not have to put up with the pasties. That alone made it worth the $5/song for me lol.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    troop, you will find a couple hot dancers there but most are average as a 4-6. The club closes at midnight because of city rule though so yeah late afternoon/early evening would be good time. I don't think it is worth a long drive to visit but if you are passing along I-71, it is a much better stop than Showtime.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion