tuscl

My New Job Will Let Me See Strip Clubs Around The World

Yesterday I came up to Washington DC and had an interview with two engineers and a 4 star admiral and now I'm going to train to be a submarine nuclear propulsion officer. There will definitely be a strip club to celebrate, I'm thinking Scores in Baltimore.

18 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Congrats. Just no Paper Moon in Springfield, VA. Place needs a TUSCL boycott.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Don't forget to write (reviews).
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Congratulations and good luck with that, Snake.

You're going to *need* a club when you come back.  The husband of the LT I worked for when I was still with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children was a nuclear engineer on a boomer sub.  Six months or more at sea, with no communication back to her.  She'd take a week's leave when he came back, and we used to give her all kinds of crap, because she would quite literally come back from leave sore, and walking gingerly. :)

She was a good sport about it, though, so I'll give her credit on that score.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    At least you'll be on a boomer, so you don't have to hot rack. The bad news is that you'll be based out of Groton Connecticut. Because of the salt on the roads, make sure you have a throwaway car. Also, you'll be visiting Canada, Southern South America, Diego Garcia, Scotland, and Gibralter.

I look forward to your travelogue.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    I'm hoping I won't be on a boomer, I'd prefer a fast attack. I heard that after submarine officer's basic course I fill out a dream sheet of which boats I want to serve on.

I heard if you pick a boat in Guam you'll get a fast attack and see all of the Orient; and since it's so isolated nobody with a family or anything wants to go there, so if you request it you're guaranteed to get it. Since I'm single I'm planning on doing that so I'll get a cooler assignment and the most travel I can.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    SP,

And all those Asian women! Be still my beating heart!
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    You might have a point there Snake. I forgot, that post Soviet collapse, that some boomers were converted into fast attacks. Look into that, so you can do the Guam & Asia thing.

Regular diesel fast attack = hot racking = YUCK !!

I guess the boomer conversion would have more room, so no hot racking.

Good luck with everything. Do some LBFM's for us.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Congrats on the new job...in most countries I am guessing the whore houses/brothels are more fun than their strip clubs though.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Good luck Snake.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    First, congrats to SP. May I suggest putting in for the USS Houston, which is based in Guam ( at least according to Wiki). Might as well be on a sub named after a strong stripclub city!

Dudester- 1) Officers don't hot bunk 2) I don't see any diesel subs in service with USN, all listed ones are nukies. Not to say there may be a few in Spec Ops, but not the most likely billet for a newly commisioned officer. With 57 attack subs, and 18 "boomers", the odds seem to favor an attack boat in Ens. Plisskens' future.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    well, if you draw the Pacific, Manila and Angels City are supposed to be hip-deep with the type of strip clubs, and if your leaves are long enough, there's always the promise of Bangkok and the other joys of Thailand. give it to'em, snake!
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    Minnow, you are correct. Officers generally do not hot rack, however sometimes it is unavoidable.

There are also no more diesel submarines in the US Navy. The navies of the US, UK, and France operate only nuclear powered submarines.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    If there are female submariners, "hot rack" sounds pretty good. Of course I have no idea what that is.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    Hot racking is when multiple people share the same bunk in a submarine in order to conserve the limited space that there is. So one person will wake up and report to duty and someone else will get off duty and get into the bed the first person was just sleeping in.

As one of the perks of being an officer, you don't have to do that.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Then again, Snake, you may want to go with Clubber's advice on the hot racking...

"Navy to allow women to serve on submarines"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100506/ap_o…
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Good luck Snake, seeing the world usually is a good experience. Even the bad experiences can be a good thing.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    steve, unfortunately, "hot racking" does *not* imply sharing of racks. One person gets out, and the next gets in, keeping the rack "hot" at all times. From the stories my father told my mother about it in WWII, it was not a pleasant practice.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Good luck Snake and please keep the information flow coming in! If I see enough reports of a particularly good area I may be motivated to pick up and visit ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion