tuscl

Good Club Gone Bad

Visited a club recently that's clearly seen better days. Apparently a TUSCL Top 20 club at one time – probably back when some of the dancers were actually young and hot. Made me wonder - what happened?

If you know a “good club gone bad,” what went wrong? I assume “poor management” usually covers it, but what exactly – prices, marketing, talent, etc.?

4 comments

• vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hey steve229, which club are you talking about? One of our local Detroit masterpieces??? As far as Detroit clubs, I'd say Tycoons. It was a hot spot back in the day, but management ran it down, a year or so back the owners did a complete remake of the place, but in the few times I visited there, it certainly was not as good as it used to be. The number of patrons is low, I do like the new VIP area, I've had fun back there, but I hope it improves from the lack of talent it had. Jon Jons in Warren is a waste of time. It's one of 2 clubs in Macomb county and the city's regulation of it, and the lack of good dances there, has basically killed it. I haven't been there in ages, but judging from comments over in SCL. It just isn't a good place to spend money. That's Macomb county for you.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Definitely, the original Ricks. The building that once housed Ricks is now a black strip club. The interior and exterior is like an 80 year old alcoholic-she's seen better days, but now UGH !! It's new location is a rebuilt club that had been burned down, but they chose poorly for location in that they are in a strip mall with two massage parlors and a couple of restaurants (they should have a stand alone location, like St. James, Houston Dolls, et. al.)

Also, twenty years ago, Ricks girls were strictly college girls who got classes in hostessing and hospitality. Today, strippers from Ricks are skanky ho's who rank somewhere between truck stop hooker and diner waitress (they would aspire to be the waitress).

My last stop there was 2:30 on a Friday afternoon. I was the only customer and of the five strippers on duty, none were desireable.

I don't know what went wrong, but the only lapdance area is VIP, where you'll pay for a bottle and more. There are table dances available as an appetizer to VIP, but you since you can go into private booths in other clubs, I don't see the point in the upsell.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I don't know what causes good clubs to go bad. I do know my one former favorite club went bad because it went from a fun club to one where the dancers were all on drugs, so I blame management for that. On the other hand, I've been to a couple clubs which used to rank highly on here, but they slipped, but I don't think the basic character of either club changed. Those could be the dancers, but then again, the dancers don't dance if management doesn't hire them.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Kahoot's used to be a top 100 tuscl club but has fallen off. I don't think it has got too bad though. Still one of the best in Columbus.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion