tuscl

Strip clubs hope to take advantage of tourney crowds

PROVIDENCE—The NCAA tournament is in town and among the businesses taking advantage are strip clubs.
Elaina has been dancing at the Foxy Lady in Providence for about a year. The tournament means big pay days for her.
“It means a lot. This week is a big week. People are coming from everywhere to down here. It's crazy. Everyone's having a great time and you make a lot of money,“ she said.
The Foxy Lady took out a full-page ad in Thursday's special NCAA tournament promotional section of The Providence Journal. Other strip clubs paid for smaller ads.
For the dancers, college sports fans make the best customers.
“Lots of guys come in and they want to see pretty girls. We give them great service. Everybody's in a good mood,“ said Triana, who also dances at the Foxy Lady.
Tom Tsoumas, the owner of the Foxy Lady, said he's got plenty of dancers for the big crowds.
“We're going to be having 60 entertainers working all the time the whole weekend,“ he said.
Other strip clubs in Providence are also hoping to cash in on the crowds visiting the city.

Video of the news story here:
http://www2.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/…

7 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    What I find amusing is that a percentage of these sports fans are guys who are married and they will only see the inside of a strip club two or three times in their lives.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, don't strip clubs try to take advantage of anything??? I guess they can interview the "entertainers" now because they're no longer likely to boast (since the law change) "I blew 6 guys last hour!!!"
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    The Final Four in Detroit a few years ago really had the SCs jumping. I fear that some of the action was too public, creating the oppressive over regulated enviornment we now face.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I dunno if that kind of thing was happening at the Foxy Lady CT. It was always one of the most upscale clubs in the Providence area.

Was that dancer's name "Elaina" or "Triana"? They used both names in the story...lol... I never realized that the Foxy's owner was a such an old geezer!
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Mr. G, I've never been to the Foxy Lady. That said, there was one gal at Bogart's who did take about 6 or 7 guys up to VIP within a little over an hour. And I was up there twice for normal dances in that time, but did see her 'doing her thing' both times.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    The Foxy Lady has always had a reputation for having overpriced LDs and not much contact. A while back, they changed their layout & added a heck of lot more relatively secluded LD areas and the mileage went up some. Outside of a waaaaay overpriced VIP room experience, I really doubt that one could get anything from a BJ on up through FS at the FL.

I've never been to Bogart's... :)
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The arnold classic was here in Columbus march 5th weekend and doll house now claims they had over 576 people through the door on 3/5/2010.
    Doll house is a pretty small club that seems like it would only seat about 50 at the most.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion