tuscl

Amateur Nights - Worth It?

Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:15 AM
What's your experience with amateur nights? Are they worth it, or just lame and awkward with inexperienced women? Are the stage shows hot or entertaining for whatever reason? How about lap dances from "amateurs?"

13 comments

• sinclair
    14 years ago
    Alot of the amateurs are just dancers from other clubs. A $500 prize with no tip-out is quite enticing for a dancer. Some of the contestants might actually be newbies, but most aren't.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Depends. I've seen lame ones and good ones. Sometimes, girls who want a job will use amateur night as an audition. I've seen some really good ones. And when a hot, drunk "civilian" gets up there, it can be really good. YMMV, though.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    I agree with Sinclair. They are usually dancers from other clubs. I've seen "amateurs" work the pole vertically. Six feet up. Yes, I know there are classes for this, but you can tell when a girl is used to the stage and the attention. I keep going hoping for the hot drunk civilian but they seem to be more uncommon than unicorns or honest politicians.
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    Only amateur nights I've seen were in Canada where they did seem to be mostly drunk civilians (some hot, some not). Fun to watch but they were usually with a group of girls who were only interacting with each other, and not the crowd in general.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sinclair nailed this one. "I keep going hoping for the hot drunk civilian but they seem to be more uncommon than unicorns or honest politicians." Pretty good line, CC.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Never have I seen a worthwhile one.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    Most of the ones I've seen involved dancers from other clubs dancing at the club the contest is at. At the club near me which has amateur night, they have girls who used to dance there, but have been long gone, which is weird. Most of the ones I've seen had true amateurs, but by and large, it's for dancers who don't want to dance at their regular club. On the flip side, I enjoy amateur contests, because it's nice to see new pussy on stage once in a while.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    In another topic, I posted... A fellow that used to work for me went on a poker run to Key West with his bank teller wife. While there, she did well as a true amateur in a club contest. On returning home, she decided to forgo her bank teller job and entered the dancer world. She did allow them to pay off their condo, Harley, car, and boat before she ended up running away with a customer. Might have been worth it for awhile.
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    I am hooked on amateur nights. The downsides are that they attract pros from other clubs, contestants almost always include a few fatties, and my person pet pieve is that they almost never start on time, and sometimes waste your evening by not attracting enough contenstants to start at all. On the other hand, they often attract some real college girls. This tends to attract coed clientelle who get tanked-up and provide some mardi gras party action. I like that the amateurs often stip down from street clothes. I like the fact that they dance in flip-flops or bare feet instead of those ridiculous stripper shoes. I like everything about it. I see that The Penthouse Club in Sauget near St. Louis has a $3,000 contest the first Wednesday of every month and I plan to drive way out of my way to attend the February show. Has anyone been to it. Please share your experience - every dirty detail.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I've never seen one that was worth waiting for. The older I get, the fewer amateurs I want to be around, dancer-wise.
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    I like that it is less predictable.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    The best thing about amatuer night is the same thing that is great about featured dancer nights. While everbody is watching the stage there is more privacy in the lap dance rooms.
  • Raincoat
    14 years ago
    You have to like the potential for 18-year-olds getting naked for the first time. At Beansnappers near Appleton, WI it is like rite of passage. They get pumped up on amateur night and hop spontaneously on stage. Lumberyard in Des Moines also has a way of attracting young talent for amateur night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion