tuscl

Man Buys an $1,800 Ad for His Ex

Spurned Lover Buys Pricey Love Letter Newspaper Advertisement

Somebody named Raul really wants somebody named Megan to know that he still loves her.

We know this because Raul expressed his most heartfelt feelings for Megan, whom he broke up with an indeterminate amount of time ago, in a 1000-plus-word half-page love letter/advertisement he took out in the San Antonio-Express News Tuesday.

As the story of the unusual advertisement started to gain national attention, the San Antonio-Express News attempted to get Raul to elaborate on the rather cryptic note. But Raul has refused, preferring that his original letter, which contains no last names or contact information, speak for itself.

The $1,800 ad was printed in a calligraphy that Raul helped design, and featured such flowery prose as "I understand your life is different but my soul is still constantly trying to touch yours."

While Raul acknowledges in the beginning of the note that an easier way to reach out to Megan would have been to drop it in the mail, he writes, "If I really truly love you, then it's important that I look for the highest mountain to climb and shout it from the top of my lungs."

One potential Megan has come forward and contacted the Express-News. However, she lives out of state, making it doubtful she is the one to whom Raul is referring. The paper also told Asylum that another man phoned soon after the love letter ran "to inquire about running similar ad."

So even if Raul and Megan never reconnect, lovelorn men who want to make a grand, romantic gesture might just be the new revenue stream that the floundering newspaper industry has been waiting for.

http://tinyurl.com/yamsj8z

Sounds like a PL longing for his long lost stripper "gf".

2 comments

• gk
    15 years ago
    Whatever the true story is, it might still be cheaper than a dating service!
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I lost my virginity in a truly unique experience-it's a bittersweet story. I posted it asking if *****, or anybody knowing her to contact me.

Although I first posted the story (on a popular site) nearly five years ago, the only nibble I had was from a nearly convincing fake. I have had a lot of feedback on it, but I'm going to leave it up in case ***** stumbles across it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion