tuscl

Strip club claims former Miss Oklahoma Laci Kay Scott's lawsuit over modeling sh

A former beauty queen was an unknown struggling model until she sued a Manhattan strip club for slapping her face and body on "free admission" handouts, lawyers for the club claimed.

Laci Kay Scott made only $24,000 over three years of modeling before a picture of the 22-year-old former Miss Oklahoma in a backless gold-trimmed gown wound up on handouts for Ten's Gentlemen's Club in the Flatiron District.

"She was an unknown when her image was inadvertently placed on my client's cards, and the only reason anyone actually knew about it was because of her shameless attempt at self- promotion, getting her name in every possible periodical," attorney Joan Toro said after Monday's hearing.

Scott's suit charges that the use of her picture on provocative flyers harmed her modeling career by undermining her wholesome professional image.

Emails from the club's printing company show the printer pulled the photos of Scott off the web and slapped them on flyers, attorneys for the club told Manhattan Federal Judge Richard Sullivan Monday.

The club paid $450 for the problematic palm cards and another $350 for a Monday Night Football promotion using photos of other young women.

Scott's modeling career, and the club's assessment of it, is not the issue, said Scott's lawyer Laine Armstrong. Scott's image was used without her permission, and she had not sought out any publicity in the case - she was embarrassed to be associated with Ten's in any way, Armstrong said.

Scott's modeling career was built on prom dresses and clothing geared towards young teens--a more demure market that does not benefit from men's club exposure.

Armstrong wants the club ownership to turn over documents showing how much money Ten's made. Attorneys for the club argued they could turn over credit card receipts, but only if the customers' names were deleted, and an effort was made to separate strip club receipts from those in the owner's more ordinary, non-strip joint.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/1…

2 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    samsung wrote:"Armstrong wants the club ownership to turn over documents showing how much money Ten's made."

Translation = This is going to cost you, BIG !!!
  • RicksFan
    15 years ago
    Gee, what a shock! The ignorant goombahs who are balls-deep in the strip club business- especially in NYC- are oblivious to how the law works.

Yeah, douchebags, you can't use someone's image without permission like that, and you don't help your case when you claim that she's somehow benefited from the exposure. IANAL, but any imagined "benefit" the club sees her getting is immaterial, and I know that I'd certainly not want to have my image posted on some gay sex club flyer! I hope she takes them for a minimum of six figures.

Strip clubs are like drug dealers: in an ideal world they'd be a healthy outlet for occassional, consensual vice, but because of our Puritanical standards and bass-ackward laws, they end up controlled predominantly by the dumbest, most violent, most dangerous and destructive people in our society.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion